Flyers Looking at Nash?

Guest OH1FlyersFan

@Bakanekimiwa

I completely understand what you are saying, and you are making some sound points. I mean the opportunity to land someone of Nash's caliber does not come every day. But as you eluded to yourself, just about any significant deal the Flyers make from this point forward revolves around the destiny of this jerk Bryzgalov.

I just can't see the Flyers adding $7.8 mil yearly salary of Nash for the next at least 5 years (I know he is signed through at least '17), without shedding some significant salaries. And considering that goaltendting (yes, again, as ironic as it is) and defense are the most glaring issues this team has, I just can't see how they can do it. Logic suggests they will wait till the summer and try to bring some big-name d-man. I don't think they will be lucky enough to get rid of Bryzgalov, but getting a quality D is well within their reach.

I really think that's where they should channel their effort at.

@Bakanekimiwa

I completely understand what you are saying, and you are making some sound points. I mean the opportunity to land someone of Nash's caliber does not come every day. But as you eluded to yourself, just about any significant deal the Flyers make from this point forward revolves around the destiny of this jerk Bryzgalov.

I just can't see the Flyers adding $7.8 mil yearly salary of Nash for the next at least 5 years (I know he is signed through at least '17), without shedding some significant salaries. And considering that goaltendting (yes, again, as ironic as it is) and defense are the most glaring issues this team has, I just can't see how they can do it. Logic suggests they will wait till the summer and try to bring some big-name d-man. I don't think they will be lucky enough to get rid of Bryzgalov, but getting a quality D is well within their reach.

I really think that's where they should channel their effort at.

Yah... I think it is highly unlikely, but there's also the defensive move of not letting the rangers get him. If the rangers get him... That's game changing for several years to come.

But, yah... Very very unlikely. And, yes of course... It does not fix our biggest issues.

Yah... I think it is highly unlikely, but there's also the defensive move of not letting the rangers get him. If the rangers get him... That's game changing for several years to come.

But, yah... Very very unlikely. And, yes of course... It does not fix our biggest issues.

I would be very surprised if the Rangers went after Nash. It would cost them a lot to get him and what's working for them now is chemistry. Everyone is playing the way Torts wants them to play. If they give up pieces to get Nash It could wreck the formula that's working so well for them.

If we pull a deal for Nash i am done with this team.... what the fcuk do we need his salary and half of our skilled young guys for ? this had better be a ******** smoke screen for something else, we don't have a problem at forward. we have a problem at goal.