Flyers Looking at Nash?

Guest OH1FlyersFan

LeBrun is a clown. If Homer unloaded all these guys, he would be lynched in Philly.

http://www.nhl.com/i...vid=DL|NHL|home

Pierre LeBrun wrote in ESPN.com's Daily Debate that he expects the Rangers and Kings to be involved, but also pondered the possibility of the Philadelphia Flyers being in the mix. Any offer from Flyers GM Paul Holmgren probably would include some (or all) of the team's three young forwards -- James van Riemsdyk, Brayden Schenn and Sean Couturier -- and maybe goaltender Sergei Bobrovsky, as well.

There isn't one player in this league I'd trade all of that away for. WTF.

There isn't one player in this league I'd trade all of that away for. WTF.

I know, right? LeBrun's being ridiculous, as usual. The only person in the league who would make me even think about that kind of Godfather offer for a second plays for a team I'd refuse to trade that much to. Though I'd at least think about doing that for Lundqvist before realizing just how big a mistake I'd be making and stepping back from the ledge.

I know, right? LeBrun's being ridiculous, as usual. The only person in the league who would make me even think about that kind of Godfather offer for a second plays for a team I'd refuse to trade that much to. Though I'd at least think about doing that for Lundqvist before realizing just how big a mistake I'd be making and stepping back from the ledge.

Thought about that one too, and with the head injuries, I wouldn't want him either.

who is saying the flyers are interested in Nash ?

why would we be interested in Nash ?

there is no way in hell we can afford his salary and keep this team.

are we driving up the price for the Rangers ? they'll be fqed too....

sorry Rick, keep banging those co-eds... Cartsy probably a good centerman for that task.

So... the Flyers are looking at Nash eh?

well that's just fine, let them look all they want.

Look there goes Rick Nash.

Look, it sucks Nash had to play in Columbus, Ohio his whole career but things could be a hellluva lot worse for him.

etc.

Darren Dreger lists Flyers, Rangers, and Kings on Nash's short list.

That's all the Rangers need - Nash. That would be just perfect. And their GM will find a way to give up next to nothing to get him.

But honestly, Nash is not what this team needs RIGHT NOW. Give me another steady d-man and I am happy.

That's all the Rangers need - Nash. That would be just perfect. And their GM will find a way to give up next to nothing to get him.

But honestly, Nash is not what this team needs RIGHT NOW. Give me another steady d-man and I am happy.

while i agree that nash is not what we need now... if you're on his short list, you have to think about long term nash implications. he's a franchise type player and there's not many of them that come along. he does have a hefty salary, so obviously ANYBODY in the league will need to dump salary. but, he would make any team much better... 527 pts in 649 games for a consistently sh!tty CBJ team. imagine him playing with giroux for the next however many years.

i would think that salary dumping would be part of any deal that any team makes. columbus will have to take some salary back. so, let's just dream out loud here... CBJ is looking for 4 pieces to any trade for nash(apparently).

what if the flyers could offer CBJ bryz, JVR(who, incidentally is locked up for the same term as nash) prospect(harry z?) and a high pick. i'm not sure what we have left there, but it would probably need to be our best prospect and highest pick. in return, we'd get nash and take on steve mason's $2.9m for the remainder of this year and all of next year. they get a goalie that they might believe can be capable of getting him into the playoffs(at some point, not this year obviously), which is something they sorely need.

LA can offer bernier, but they really can't afford to give up scoring as much as we can. who are they gonna give up to make enough room(jack johnson?)? they're almost up to the cap as much as we are right now.

of course that entire idea rests on bryz waiving his NMC and whether they'd want our junk goaltender, but is that really a stretch to think that if the flyers asked him he would say yes? in that scenario, we'd be taking on just $770,000 more in cap space starting next year. with JVR's cap hit this year, i think we'll be cap compliant. CBJ gets a chance at solidifying their nightmare in net and one of the top prospect players in the league today plus our highest pick in the deep draft this summer. but, of course they'd be taking on more OVERALL salary w/ bryz ludicrous deal. we'd get nash(holy crap) and take that loser mason off their hands and make him our backup(only one more year on his deal). of course, that's likely not be enough to get the deal done. they might not have any interest in bryz and he might refuse to waive. remember.. i'm dreaming here. ;)

LA has $3.1m in deadline cap space(capgeek.com). who knows what CBJ would want from them, but Bernier would be a good bet. that's only giving up $1.25m. would LA part with Bernier, Brown or Richards, jack johnson and prospects? would CBJ even take richards? that would be HIGHlarious if richards and carter ended up in CBJ together.

the Rags actually seem a more likely destination, which is very scary. they have nearly $7m cap open at the deadline(capgeek). if they offer up Dubinsky($4.2m for 3 yrs after this one), it's still gonna take more than that, they'd easily have the room. rangers always find ways of pulling off Sh!t like this too... maybe they'd throw in McDonagh($1.3m bonus eligible, though really $425k for this yr and next). that would be an interesting offer for nash. and of course they'd probably need to add some combination of pick or prospects. they've got some depth in their wings and defense, so CBJ could take their pick... BUT, they have NO future #1goaltender to offer.

of course... it's also likely he goes nowhere before TD and we'll pick this up again this summer with exponentially more possibilities.

but, the point is.. it's kinda homey's job to at least kick the tires on the possibilities. are we winning the stanley cup this year? NO. management could realize this right now and start planning for the future again.

xganarchy, on Feb 15, 2012 - 04:02 PM, said:

Columbus gets: Bobrovsky/Schenn/Preds prospect

Nashville gets: Nash

Flyers get: Suter (if he agrees to sign)/Columbus 1st

Wouldn't work under the Cap. Plus you need to replace Bob.

who is saying the flyers are interested in Nash ?

Originally mentioned in a Columbus article and then Yahoo sports picked it up. But now, it sounds like nobody is interested, or they're just all playing coy. I bet on the former, though. I think the Jackets may be stuck with him - or they won't get what they wanted for sure. As I posted previously, I think they're going to get caught asking way too much for him. And the Flyers haven't been mentioned now in any of the articles since my first post. Sounds like we've dropped out of the running....I hope we were never seriously considering.

http://sports.yahoo.com/blogs/nhl-puck-daddy/why-teams-rick-nash-derby-actually-don-t-155638621.html;_ylt=AoaZKY2npNAEa3w0OJDIJnx7vLYF

if you want a good laugh, go to TSN.ca and read the all the comments on trade articles from laufs fans. they have got to be the most deluded lot of people in sports fandom. hysterical reading how they truly believe it's nash to toronto. just like every other player.. haha.

It would make sense for the Kings. They desperately need scoring help & star power sells well in LA.

The price for Nash would be too high IMO, especially the opportunity costs, since D should be Holmer's focus.

As of last night we are #1 in offence in the entire league. I agree, lets concentrate on the defence (and maybe goaltending). We have not really missed JVR and while I don't want to give him up Scheen would look real good here. The only foward thing I would consider is maybe a shut down guy good on the PK and faceoffs like Guestad...