Lilja out...

Guest sekkes85

Well considering we already took Gustafsson (IR with wrist injury), Marshall, and Bourdon who really is left that is ready to make the leap? Lilja is what he is, a 6th NHL defensemen. I'd rather have him over what would essentially be the Phantoms 4th defenseman (assuming we just pluck the top d-man each time).

I'm really curious as to who we will see, based off of preseason I'm hoping it's Blake Kessel, but I don't want to really rush any of those guys.

Well considering we already took Gustafsson (IR with wrist injury), Marshall, and Bourdon who really is left that is ready to make the leap? Lilja is what he is, a 6th NHL defensemen. I'd rather have him over what would essentially be the Phantoms 4th defenseman (assuming we just pluck the top d-man each time).

I'm really curious as to who we will see, based off of preseason I'm hoping it's Blake Kessel, but I don't want to really rush any of those guys.

Forgot about Kessel, might be worth the look. What about Lauridsen?

for approximately 6 weeks with a high ankle sprain.

Pronger is still not 100%, so does this mean half of our defensive corps is going to be Phantoms? This may get ugly. I didn't see any call-ups today though? What's going on with this.

Well i noticed Marshall wasn't on the score card for yesterdays win and Schenn was, Cullen Eddy was called up too and played so putting 2 and 2 together we'll see Marshall again today...

At this point, does it actually matter who this call-up will be? Christ, our defense was manhandled whne we had everybody healthy, in other words, we had 6 NHL d-men. Now though, we will have 1/2 of our defense filled with AHLers.

Can Paul Coffey still skate? He can't be any worse than this.