Crosys elbow

Guest flyercanuck

Anyone see Crosbys fairly vicious elbow to the head of Nick Foligno last night? I'm not a Crosby hater, and at first he was protecting his goalie. But for a guy coming off a concussion, that's one heck of a hypocritical move for a guy preaching against head shots.

hopefully a better quality vid shows up

......I think it was the right call being a 2 minute minor (and I hate the whining bitch). They were going back and forth and it was more interference than elbowing. The shot Devreax laid on the panther guy the other night was a textbook suspendable elbow.

I'm not saying he should (or would) be suspended. But 3 games in after almost a year off, he's telling the world that players have to respect each others melon, and he does that? Not cool Sid.

It was a careless shot as much as anything...he was not even looking back when he swung and Folgiono has a tendency to Carcillo-ize to boot. Wow, I just realized that I am defending Crosby.........what the hell is this world coming too........

I'm not saying he should (or would) be suspended. But 3 games in after almost a year off, he's telling the world that players have to respect each others melon, and he does that? Not cool Sid.

What about the two cross-checks he also laid out?? I didn't see what the other guy did before hand, but Crosby should have gotten a double-minor (one for the crosschecks and one for the elbow).

Foligno fell into Fleury. That's where the crosschecks came into play. Foligno responded with one back, followed by the Crosby elbow. The crosschecks back and forth were anyone not wearing a Sabres jersey response : ) The elbow deserved an extra, not an even up penalty. Give him a $100 fine just to show they'd actuallly punish him.

@FC

Not what I saw. Need more of the clip. Looks like crosby got one crosscheck in that knocked Foligno down inside the paint (not into Fleury). Foligno gets up and gets too more whacks from Crosby. Foligno response is a small two hand push to Crosby shoulder (not with the stick), then Crosby takes the elbow.

Truthfully, I don't mind letting it go (except the elbowing). The whacks used to be normal (think Tim Kerr and JLC). The problem is that its Crosby doing it (great that he is playing defense like that). Those types of plays used to end up in some pretty good post whistle scrums: is crosby sure he wants to get involved in those, especially after throwing a nasty elbow?

To control the players, I could have seen two minutes to Foligno (not sure for what) and 4 to crosby. That message is they both were going at it, but one player was more excessive.

Here's a better vid leading up to the crosschecks. http://www.tsn.ca/nhl/story/?id=381304 I have no problem with Crosbys croschecks, I actually applaud him for it. But not the elbow. Agree, 2 for Foligno, 4 for Crosby.

Dude you think it's bad now wait till Rinaldo and the Flyers play them...Rinaldo may be banished from the NHL when he lays a hard legal check on Crysby...it's coming i can see it now...

Here's a better vid leading up to the crosschecks. http://www.tsn.ca/nhl/story/?id=381304 I have no problem with Crosbys croschecks, I actually applaud him for it. But not the elbow. Agree, 2 for Foligno, 4 for Crosby.

I don't mind the crosschecks either, you have to protect your goalie regardless or how it occurred (to me it looked liked Foligno skated backwards and caught Fleurys stick which was on the ice at the time and went tea kettle backwards over fleury). Regardless Foligno can't touch the goalie (as we know the rules), even if it was an accident (which some may want to debate). So, I would give him two for goalie interference and Crosby 2 for elbowing and 2 two for unsportsmanlike.

I bet the next guy to graze the golden goose's head gets 3+ games. Hardly seems fair or appropriate, especially with the hypocrisy.