"Fans need to stop going to the games"

radoran

20 hours ago, GrittyForever said:

Probably why we've just started winning again :)

It's so refreshing know they can still play a terrible game, yet barely squeak out a win, hang their goalie out to dry and go in the locker room celebrating like they just clinched a playoff spot.

I can't wait till they disassemble this team.

What a sh it show...I guess I blame Vegas for chocking and playing down below their level. 

:BrownBag:

Edited by OccamsRazor
The Bourbon ain't working...
  • Like 1

On 3/7/2022 at 7:08 AM, SCFlyguy said:

All sports are random if they have a cap.  There is still math behind it all.  You just have to build an asset pool, take a shot for a period of 5-10 years, tear it down, and start over.  The cap just prevents you from (or punishes you for) paying the marginal players on your roster.  The good thing is those marginal players are a lot easier to find than the core players.  All the Flyers have are marginal players right now.

Good points, you are right.  It is a very different engagement loop, but there is still the loop to it.

On 3/7/2022 at 7:08 AM, SCFlyguy said:

I also suggest that the lack of interest for some in the Flyers might be a matter of aging.  I know I don't burn as hot and cold with any of my teams as I did when I was younger.

Also a good point.  I'll add on to it that the version/flavor/structure of the thing you used to be interested in is kind of set when you become interested in it.  As it changes, it becomes less of that thing you were originally into.  So of course you'd lose interest while missing that initial version.  It's where that "back in my day..." cliché comes from, after all.

So, fair points, I'm a grumpy old man at this point.  lol.  Always knew it would happen.  🤣

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

14 hours ago, OccamsRazor said:

It's so refreshing know they can still play a terrible game, yet barely squeak out a win, hang their goalie out to dry and go in the locker room celebrating like they just clinched a playoff spot.

I can't wait till they disassemble this team.

What a sh it show...I guess I blame Vegas for checking and playing down below their level. 

:BrownBag:

A game like that does however give one some hope that Hart can still develop into a top tier goaltender. That's a start. 

• Like 2