2022 Minnesota State Boys High School Hockey Tournament Preview and Official Tournament Thread

2022 Minnesota State Boys High School Hockey Tournament Preview

Its the week of the Tourney folks!  With all due respect to the Minnesota Wild, my thoughts will probably be more focused on what happens in this tournament than what happens while Minnesota is on its road trip.  Class AA is about as wide open as I've ever remembered in the seeded-teams era so should it should make it more unpredictable.  

Class A is pretty much a two-horse race IMO.  But who knows...maybe someone will find a new level?  

Either way enjoy the preview and let's discuss the Tourney here!  

The Spuds are very good.  I saw them play in person in Prior Lake for a Holiday Tournament this year.  Gramer and Schiller are outstanding puck movers.  Bentz, Reierson, Lindberg, Triggs have loads of skill and uncanny chemistry.  Especially on the power play, the Wild could learn something with the way the Spuds move the puck.  

I'm not really a Jon Ammerman fan though.  I know he's pretty well respected, but something about him just kind of bothers me.  

The Tournament has been great.  Mahtomedi really put a good scare into Warroad.  Hermantown didn't have any trouble with Alexandria.  I think Hermantown will beat Warroad today.  I think they're more poised under pressure and I think Janzig and Hanson are going to be able to neutralize Shaugabay and Gardner.  

In Class AA, it should be an outstanding final against Andover and Maple Grove who know each other very well as NW Suburban Conference opponents.  They split in their two games they had against one another this season.  

On 3/10/2022 at 10:44 AM, Icechipper said:

My son was a Spud and thinks they can win into the final. I expect Edina will be a finalist out of its bracket.

Well neither made it. One of these years Moorhead will get over the hump

• Like 1