Cup finals? Your choices? EARLY ones. Hoping we have a contest later. The chalk is likely Colorado vs TB?

Buffalo Rick

I believe that the West comes down to 3 teams.  Colorado, Calgary and St Louis.  Am I putting the Blues in because I am a fan?  Maybe a little, because the first two listed would be the most likely right now. But the Blues cant be excluded.  I lean to Calgary as my favorite right now.   Sleepers in the West would be Wild, Kings.

The East is much tougher. Sure Tampa has to be the favorite.  But they are going down I believe.  It will be a fight.  But they are going down.  Toronto and Florida can both score in bunch's.  Carolina seems to be a very complete team.  So I am going to say Carolina, Tampa, Florida and Toronto.  Yes I am leaving Boston out.  I feel the Rangers have as good a shot as them and I will list them as sleepers along with the Rangers.  I do not fear the Capitals any more. Nor Pittsburgh.  So I am on the fence in the East and really cannot pick between the 4 listed.  My heart is with the Leafs and their fans. I hope its not Carolina as they robbed us in 06.  

Right now I think Calgary have a serious chance to win it all. What are your picks?

• Like 1

11 minutes ago, OccamsRazor said:

How about a rematch....

Flames vs Tampa

Tampa in 7

A 2004 redux. That means the Flyers make the conference finals!🎉

Edited by FD19372

22 minutes ago, FD19372 said:

A 2004 redux. That means the Flyers make the conference finals!🎉

But lose all their defenemen to injury....

...oh and one of their top forwards will accidentally break Provorov's arm...

...no I no likey.

Edited by OccamsRazor
I am terrible today on this phone - fat fingers!!!
  • Like 1

Here is what I got to go with. 

Of course if the Panthers can survive the East they will win it all. I think that is quite possible.

I think they will play against the Avalanche for the cup and hoist it in the end. 

• Like 1

I think an Av's/'Cats final would be fun to watch.

The Panther's are exciting and look every bit as dangerous as the Avalanche.

I think the Lightning will find they are missing too many glue guys and won't have the juice to three-peat.

My dark horse is the Hurricanes, is the Raanta/Anderson tandem the answer? I think that is the the key, they can skate with anyone, skill all over the roster. They're in shape and contest every inch of ice. I like how they play if they get some goaltending....

1 minute ago, mojo1917 said:

My dark horse is the Hurricanes, is the Raanta/Anderson tandem the answer? I think that is the the key, they can skate with anyone, skill all over the roster. They're in shape and contest every inch of ice. I like how they play if they get some goaltending....

Remember, Leighton reached the SC final and Antti Niemi has a ring. Antti frakking Niemi, Jesus Lord... 😉

"Just forget that you doesn't have any chance. Go straight on, on a misunderstading this could work."

13 minutes ago, Math said:

Remember, Leighton

Buddy I remember, the only reason Niemi has a ring was because of Leighton. 

If you're implying either of those guys (Raanta/Anderson) are better than Niemi then, point taken.

21 minutes ago, mojo1917 said:

Buddy I remember, the only reason Niemi has a ring was because of Leighton. 

If you're implying either of those guys (Raanta/Anderson) are better than Niemi then, point taken.

Yeah, fair point. I didn't see this under this angle. But I concur, the goalie tandem in Carolina is a big question mark. I think we all made a jump when the Canes' front office made this giant goalie swap, but Nedjelkovic is currently struggling in Detroit, so...

• Like 1

• 1 month later...

The Stanley Cup Playoffs. The Most exciting playoff system in sports. I never go with the chalk and most certainly do not go with the teams that are super hot going into the playoffs like the Panthers, Avalanche, and Blues.

In the East I am going to pick the New York Rangers and out of the West the Minnesota Wild. 

The Wild will win the cup in 7 games. :)

The State of Hockey with go Wild!!!!!!

• Like 1

I am pulling for the Florida Panthers and Claude Giroux to finally win a Cup.

Otherwise I think the Flames make it in the West.

But I could also see a rematch of the Flames/Bolts of 2004.

• Like 2

Well, Vegas had a 2-goal lead with two minutes remaining against the Sharks who tied it with 0.9 s. left, then lost in the SO. A big loss for the Knights.

Now the Stars are in a "win in regulation vs. the Knights on Tuesday" to definitely settle the playoffs picture.

Calgary will win their first series as will the Blues vs a good Wild team.  Colorado should sweep their opener.  I am going to cheer hard for the Blues.  And make no mistake, they are major major players in this entire thing.  That said, Calgary scare me big time. I like them.  I am picking either Calgary or St Louis to play  Toronto in the finals.  For the record I will make two picks.  The Blues hoist the Cup again.  OR  AND THIS IS MY REAL FIRST PICK

An all Canada final.   Toronto over Calgary in 7  ( double OT)  but I may change to Calgary

But the most important thing is, Toronto vs either Blues or Flames.   Now it would be nice to see a contest return.  I am 2-0 in these contests must I remind you. I have made 3 withdrawals on Fanduel in last two weeks. But now hockey is over. At least the regular season, where the value lies in sports betting.  No sport is better for betting on than the NHL regular season. You pick your spots and you can make money on these fools.  This year, after getting burned by not paying as much attention to hockey as they should have, they jacked the lines on the over and unders.  I am not an over and under player.  Rarely.  The average over and under is now 6.5 on most games.  Lets say you have Islanders vs Dallas however.  Two defensive type teams. Then its likely to be 5.5  They have paid attention.  Value teams toward the end were teams like Ottawa.  Played very well. And yes I had them hammered vs the Flyers who i made a living off betting against as they folded the tents long ago.  The Devils pretty much quit on Lindy also.  I had the Red Wings, who I normally bet against. Florida must have played their AHL team in the last game as I feared.  I stayed away, and I cant believe that score. strange strange score. What was Montreal trying to do?  Save face with their futile fan base?  So once again

TORONTO VS EITHER CALGARY OR ST LOUIS

• Like 1

I have picked and stuck with these two teams since the beginning of the season. On the Western side of the league I went with who I feel is the best team and that Colorado Avalanche. In the East there isn't a team that I don't want to raise the cup every year other then the New York Rangers so that is who I am going with there.

New York Rangers over the Colorado Avalanche

I think the chalk is probably Colorado vs. Florida, at this point BUT if the Lightning win it all for the third time in a row, there is NO WAY you could call that an upset. That being said, I'm going "chalk", and picking Florida over Colorado, to win the Stanley Cup and shake off THEIR playoff failures. The Lightning did it, and now I think it's the Panthers turn. Panthers over Avs in 7.

Toronto vs. Edmonton

Toronto vs. Calgary

Toronto vs. Colorado

Pittsburgh vs. Colorado

Washington vs. Colorado

Tampa Bay vs. Colorado

Florida vs. Colorado

Hoping for Calgary/Toronto...but thinking it'll be Calgary/Florida...

First round

CGY in 5 or 6

STL in 6 or 7

LA in 6 or 7

COL in 4

PIT in 6 or 7

FLA in 4

TOR in 6 in 7

CAR in 4 or 5

🍻