Cup finals? Your choices? EARLY ones. Hoping we have a contest later. The chalk is likely Colorado vs TB?

Buffalo Rick

On 3/8/2022 at 10:32 AM, OccamsRazor said:

How about a rematch....

Flames vs Tampa

Tampa in 7

How about NO FREAKIN WAY.  Flames might get there.  Toronto is going to be darn tough

Just now, OccamsRazor said:

Not now you jinxed them. Great job.

Ill say again.  Toronto vs either Flames or Blues.  Obviously I am cheering for the Blues.  I fear that Berube may mishandle the goalie situation though.  He cant get too high on Husso just because he shut them out last night. Binnington is damn good.  I want the Sabres to try and grab one of them.  Imagine us next year with Powers and Dahlin.  Oh baby

Being a Canadian I want the Stanley Cup to come back to Canada. The Leafs are the team I'd love to see win it all and that leaves two other teams that they could play against being the Edmonton Oilers and Calgary Flames. I believe the Flames are more the complete team of the two and the Oilers are the offensive team. 

My pick is the Leafs over the Flames in 7 games. 

2nd Round

Florida over Tampa Bay in 7

Carolina over NY Rangers in 7

Colorado over St. Louis in 7

Calgary over Edmonton in 7

Conference Finals

Florida over Carolina in 6

Colorado over Calgary in 6

Stanley Cup Finals

Florida over Colorado in 7 

Being a Dallas Stars fan, I wanted them to raise the Stanley cup and well that fell just short in game 7 versus the Calgary Flames in the First Round.

So now I have to hop on the bandwagon of another hockey club for the playoffs and I thought hard about this. I thought in the West what about Calgary since they were the team to take out my Dlass Stars. I just couldn't because I was still a bit salty about the loss. What about Edmonton to see McDavid win it which would be good, but I don't like Evander Kane so that was a no. Then there was St. Louis and they just won a few years back so I was like no to that. That leaves the Colorado Avalanche in the West. I also think if any team deserves it they do.

In the East, I did the same type of analysis. The Florida Panthers and I immediately said no to them because I am not a fan of Bobrovsky. The Carolina Hurricanes to me seem a bit arrogant with the whole Storm Surge and all that so they were a no. The New York Rangers is another no because of Ryan Reaves a player I do not like. That leaves the champs which I do think would be cool to see them get 3 in a row. So it is the Tampa Bay Lightning who I am rooting for.

I really would like to see the Lightning win 3 in a row because it has only happened a few times before and never in my lifetime so that would be rather cool to see. So the Lightning in 7 games over the Avalanche.  

19 minutes ago, NHL HHOF said:

It's starting to look like the Tampa Bay Lightning is going to three-peat. The first NHL three-peat since the New York Islanders in 1982, 40 years ago.

I am hoping the Carolina Hurricanes have something to say about that. Go Canes.

:hurricanes:

Roddy we trust.

• Like 1

• 3 weeks later...

My team the Colorado Avalanche have made it to the Stanley Cup Finals and I am quite pleased about that. Whichever team that makes it out of the Eastern Conference Final is going to be the biggest test of these playoffs for the Avs there is no denying that. When I filled out my Stanley Cup Brackets a few weeks back I of course had the Avalanche coming out of the Western Conference and in the Eastern Conference I could not go against the Champions and Andrei Vasilevskiy who I believe rises to the occasion in important games to get the job done. Of course once he gets into the Stanley Cup Finals I want a Rocky Mountain Avalanche to fall on him and all of that to end with the Avs scoring on him right and left. 

I still think it is going to be an epic final whichever team makes it out of the Eastern Conference and it will go 7 games with the Avalanche winning it all.