Game 59: Canadiens at Flyers; 3/13/22 @ 7 PM, NBCSP

Howie58

God, I feel bad for the arena staff. The equipment manager, commentators,.....Gritty.

NO ONE should have to watch this type of Hockey....

Easily a new low for this franchise. Like worse than how they handled the Lindross "thing" low....

This sucks.

3 minutes ago, MaineFlyFan said:

God, I feel bad for the arena staff. The equipment manager, commentators,.....Gritty.

NO ONE should have to watch this type of Hockey....

Easily a new low for this franchise. Like worse than how they handled the Lindross "thing" low....

This sucks.

Hey at least with the team looking the worst it ever has they're keeping the guys responsible for assembling it together for next year.

• Haha 1
  • Uggh... 1
  • Sad 1

19 minutes ago, flyercanuck said:

Hey at least with the team looking the worst it ever has they're keeping the guys responsible for assembling it together for next year.

😆Jeez...thanks for that. You really know how to brighten a guy's day don'tcha? This org is so fkd it's not even funny.

• Like 1

10 minutes ago, GratefulFlyers said:

😆Jeez...thanks for that. You really know how to brighten a guy's day don'tcha? This org is so fkd it's not even funny.

Flyers management motto..."We're not happy until you're not happy"

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

I am wondering if Yeo's candor will cost him any shot he had at the permanent slot?  On the other hand, are we being politely told he might not want it in the first place--it could jeopardize mental and physical well-being.  

This just can't happen...

...they have to think they can work this out Risto's game....he has to stay on his feet here.

These guys think they can make him think the game better. Has too otherwise are you kidding me.

1 hour ago, OccamsRazor said:

...they have to think they can work this out Risto's game....he has to stay on his feet here.

These guys think they can make him think the game better. Has too otherwise are you kidding me.

He's a 27 year old in his 9th season in the NHL...I'm sure he'll learn how to play his position soon. 

• Like 1
  • Uggh... 1

The 3 forwards on the ice when the Habs tied the game shorthanded couldn't collectively punch their way out of a soaking wet paper bag. That's on the coach,  and on the gm for assembling a soft  slow, heartless team. These results are inevitable.  

2 hours ago, OccamsRazor said:

Ristolainen is the only Flyers' skater who made a play on that goal. He broke up the Habs' attack (for a few seconds) and wiped himself out in the process. Not great, but more than Sanheim, Atkinson, Giroux and Brassard did combined.

Classic Ristolainen - go for the gigantic hit, game situation be damned. I'm afraid that's never going to get worked out of his game.

1 hour ago, GratefulFlyers said:

Classic Ristolainen - go for the gigantic hit, game situation be damned. I'm afraid that's never going to get worked out of his game.

Yes the Finnish Luke Schenn........i'm all giddy.....

:bonkingheadonwall:

5 hours ago, OccamsRazor said:

How about the fact Sanheim played like a toothpick on that play and failed to clear the puck not once but twice

• Like 1

6 hours ago, Pedo 228 ERQS said:

How about the fact Sanheim played like a toothpick on that play and failed to clear the puck not once but twice

You're right Mrs. Ristolainen, Sanheim wasn't very good on that play either.

• Haha 1

8 hours ago, Pedo 228 ERQS said:

Yeah Sanheim has struggled to reach his potential and I'm not sure if that is just on him anymore. Especially after watching all these young players regress.

I'm not even think about what Chuck will do to try and save this job.

10 minutes ago, Pedo 228 ERQS said:

Ok on a good team Ristolainen is a 3rd liner same as Sanhiem but to blame him for everything is wrong. There's way worse problems on this team than him

The way worse problems on the team (way worse? I can't think of any) didn't cost us a 1st, 2-2nds, a 7th, Ghost and Hagg, have some of the worst metrics of any player in the entire NHL, and just signed for 5 more years at a ridiculous $5 million per, guaranteeing us fans to watch his crackerjack ineptitude for another 1900 days, give or take. 

I don't know what you're watching, but Ristolainen is not very good. He's just paid like he is.

• Good Post 1

1 hour ago, flyercanuck said:

The way worse problems on the team (way worse? I can't think of any) didn't cost us a 1st, 2-2nds, a 7th, Ghost and Hagg, have some of the worst metrics of any player in the entire NHL, and just signed for 5 more years at a ridiculous $5 million per, guaranteeing us fans to watch his crackerjack ineptitude for another 1900 days, give or take. 

I don't know what you're watching, but Ristolainen is not very good. He's just paid like he is.

Like i sad on a GOOD TEAM he's a 3rd liner. Now lets talk about Sanhiem i dont dislike him but he doesn't and wont play to his size,he gives up the blue line all the time by skating backwards trying to poke check the puck away a d gets burned 75% if the time putting other playes out of there position, he wont clear the  net,cant take a hit,cant win a puck battle for his life.

2 hours ago, flyercanuck said:

2 hours ago, flyercanuck said:

You dont think that York and JVR are worse than him  then theres a problem,how about the power play thats working so well,thats just if the top of my head.

13 minutes ago, Pedo 228 ERQS said:

Like i sad on a GOOD TEAM he's a 3rd liner. Now lets talk about Sanhiem i dont dislike him but he doesn't and wont play to his size,he gives up the blue line all the time by skating backwards trying to poke check the puck away a d gets burned 75% if the time putting other playes out of there position, he wont clear the  net,cant take a hit,cant win a puck battle for his life.

Sanheim has made your idiot savante (Risto) BETTER by every single metric known to man.   Seriously, the brain cells killed reading your posts are ....is that what happened to Risto?  He read your delusional, incoherent babblings?

10 minutes ago, Pedo 228 ERQS said:

You dont think that York and JVR are worse than him  then theres a problem,how about the power play thats working so well,thats just if the top of my head.

You corrected.   Yandle is terrible.   He plays arguably worse.  But he's also making a fraction and not taking up as much salary money that could be used elsewhere.   Really close.   Money aside, I'll take Risto over Yandle.

Edited by ruxpin

13 minutes ago, ruxpin said:

You corrected.   Yandle is terrible.   He plays arguably worse.  But he's also making a fraction and not taking up as much salary money that could be used elsewhere.   Really close.   Money aside, I'll take Risto over Yandle.

Its not his fault what the Flyers traded for him and im prity sure your not worth 5mil at your job but i bet you would take it if they gave it to you

1 hour ago, Pedo 228 ERQS said:

I won't disagree with a lot of what you're saying here, but Sanheim simply plays better defence, a better transition game, and better offence than Ristolainen... and he cost us ONE draft pick, which was later than the one we sent for Risto.