Fleury to the Wild?

Jimtown guy

2 hours ago, Confrontational said:

Good luck with Fluery - hopefully better chemistry with MN than Chicago...  I was kind of hoping Vegas got him back - but no dice...  Good luck tonight...

Thinking about it, Guerin probably played with Fleury on that first cup team. So he probably has a pretty good insight into how he will fit in the locker room. 
Not that hot on the Kahkonen trade, unless they plan on bringing in their prospect from Europe. Wanstead?

7 hours ago, Hockey-78 said:

Fleury still has a lot of game in him but trading Kahkonen is a bonehead move.

Amazing how time passes by and yet the Wild FO is so incompetent or unwilling in keeping their top prospects. 

The only clever side of this is that Talbot ends riding the pine where he belongs, too.

I don’t know. I like KK but I think this move had to be made. We still have Talbot for another year. This off-season we will sign a low cost backup and there are always plenty available. We will also most likely bring Wallstet over to Iowa next year and perhaps he’s ready the following year.

On 3/21/2022 at 6:10 PM, Tomdog said:

Thinking about it, Guerin probably played with Fleury on that first cup team. So he probably has a pretty good insight into how he will fit in the locker room. 
Not that hot on the Kahkonen trade, unless they plan on bringing in their prospect from Europe. Wanstead?

At some point Fleury will hurt this team. Bill will regret trading for him. 

And yes both Fleury and Guerin were on that 09 cup team. Fleury should thank Rod scuderi for saving his a*s

On 3/22/2022 at 5:05 AM, TallyTigerShark said:

I don’t know. I like KK but I think this move had to be made. We still have Talbot for another year. This off-season we will sign a low cost backup and there are always plenty available. We will also most likely bring Wallstet over to Iowa next year and perhaps he’s ready the following year.

The list of prospects who have been ready and not had the chance to play as #1 goalie is a pretty short one. Kuemper, anyone else? In 15 years. That's a trend not a coincidence. 

I don't know why but the Wild has always had a thing for 30+ goalies, no matter what they performances are.

1 hour ago, Hockey-78 said:

The list of prospects who have been ready and not had the chance to play as #1 goalie is a pretty short one. Kuemper, anyone else? In 15 years. That's a trend not a coincidence. 

I don't know why but the Wild has always had a thing for 30+ goalies, no matter what they performances are.

Khudobin as well 

40 minutes ago, Starofthenorth said:

Khudobin as well 

Sorry, poor wording on my part. I meant Kuemper is the only one I can think of who really was given a chance. 

But yeah, Khudobin was one of those they screwed up.

2 hours ago, Math said:

Josh Harding is the second one, but it was unfortunately for another reason...

I've often wondered, had Josh Harding gone on to be the go-to everyday goalie for the Wild, if Minnesota would have had enough to get past those Chicago teams they always seemed to run into.....and led the charge to at LEAST a SC Finals appearance at some point out of the last core.

Loved his compete level and demeanor in net.

Edited by TropicalFruitGirl26
  • Good Post 1

On 3/23/2022 at 6:49 PM, TropicalFruitGirl26 said:

I've often wondered, had Josh Harding gone on to be the go-to everyday goalie for the Wild, if Minnesota would have had enough to get past those Chicago teams they always seemed to run into.....and led the charge to at LEAST a SC Finals appearance at some point out of the last core.

Loved his compete level and demeanor in net.

Josh was a superb very very promising goalie for us, but unfortunately, he have got a disease which was diagnosed in late September of 2012. By playoffs time against Chicago in 2013, sadly he was not as good because of the changes in his treatment.

Here is a link from Wikipedia:

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Josh_Harding

It's a good move. From an inspirational and motivational view adding him brings a lot of cool confidence between the posts. It takes some focus off Talbot while bringing him some much needed stability.

Fleury still had the plane behind him when he stopped for a short selfie vid saying he's here. Not sure if others agree but I thought that was pure class. Shows confidence, eagerness and how happy he was being pulled in here.

Still effective in the net? Not like years past but he's a much needed element for right now.

• Like 1

I think the signing of Fleury gives the Wild added depth everywhere heading into the playoffs. You can't go wrong with that. It also gives the Wild one of the most prolific playoff goalies out there. If he gets hot between the pipes there is no telling how far this team can go. This team seems to have it all and a very strong chance to take it all the way. 

In the playoffs the backbone is the goalie and there is a short list I would want on my team heading into the playoffs and Fleury is one of them. 

• Like 1

MAF is still capable of stealing a series.

Things could line up where he's the difference and Minnesota has a long playoff run.

I don't know what left the Wild to bring him to the team. I think it was worth it.

The team has a far better chance to maximize this season's success with Fluery in the net than the tandem they started the season with.

16 hours ago, Jimtown guy said:

721C33CE-0748-41DC-B489-F9726949153D.jpeg

Considering a 32-team league with a constant increased competitiveness and not having played for the same team, this is pretty impressive.

One of my former colleague, a die-hard Pittsburgh fan, once said me he was done with him, that Fleury sucked and his best years were clearly behind him. It was in 2014.

• Like 2

53 minutes ago, Math said:

One of my former colleague, a die-hard Pittsburgh fan, once said me he was done with him, that Fleury sucked and his best years were clearly behind him. It was in 2014.

Only to see MAF steal the Caps series in 16/17 when Murray went down with an injury.

Fleury was the difference in the Washington series. That team would not have won the Capitals series without him. 

He pitched a shutout and had a 1 goal game in the conference finals as well.

(He did poop the bed in game 3). Murray came back and cup # 3 in 9 years was secured.

He's not done, but he does require a competent back up for those games and stretches where his game/brain mysteriously vanish.

Edited by mojo1917
  • Like 2

Considering that the wild moved a player that wasn’t going to play for them to get the draft pick to get Fleury, it’s a pretty good deal. 
I don’t think he’s the #1 until he proves it. 

• Like 1