Game 60: Predators at Flyers; 3/17/22 @ 7 PM, NBSCSP

Howie58

Greetings:

Nashville is favored (-172) with a predicted score of 4-2.  

https://sports.winningfreepicks.com/free-picks/nhl-picks/predators-at-flyers-31722-nhl-betting-picks-and-odds/

The Preds are 7-3 in their last 10 and beat Pitt 4-1 in their last game.  

There's lots of background "noise" here.  First is Yeo's verbal barrage after the MTL game. Next is putting York on the 1st defense pairing with Provorov.  And last but not least, a 1000th game celebration for Giroux, which the pundits say has a definite farewell feeling.  

As I've said before, David Poile and his assistants keep Nashville competitive despite "retooling."  I wish we would learn from them, or make Bud Poile's son GM.  

• Like 1

1 hour ago, GratefulFlyers said:

I just hope the Flyers don't embarrass themselves in the final minute of the game - again.

I also hope ESPN+ shows the Giroux tribute...but I doubt they will.

It won't be home in time from work to watch it anyway I'll have to catch it on youtube.

FINE!.... I'll tune in for the damn Giroux tribute but I ain't watching a SECOND of the game.

I'm still on strike dammit! :)

No moves.... not a whisper except some fat man on twitter saying the same thing people have been saying for  3 weeks. MAYBE Fla.

BLAH.

• Haha 1

40 minutes ago, MaineFlyFan said:

FINE!.... I'll tune in for the damn Giroux tribute but I ain't watching a SECOND of the game.

No moves.... not a whisper except some fat man on twitter saying the same thing people have been saying for  3 weeks. MAYBE Fla.

BLAH.

I will probably watch but the trade "noise" is just that.  Get it over with and see where it goes.  This is a lost season.  Hopefully, the youngins start getting more playing time and we get a glimpse of a better future. 

4 minutes ago, GratefulFlyers said:

Well that was one of the best 1st periods the Flyers played all year.

Agreed. Looked like a completely different team. Can they carry the emotion of the night for a full 60 minutes?

Once I heard Myers was in I was sure he'd score tonight. It never fails. The guys' been scratched like 40 times this year, but tonight he gets in and scores a goal. Unreal.

still wish the Flyers had hung onto him. I know I'm in the minority but you can't teach 6'5"...ha!

Hey hey they got the win! After giving up 3 straight it didn't look good but 2 goals in the 3rd and then they closed it out.

I'd love to see Sanheim play that way every night. And Ristolainen made a hell of a rush up ice - solo. Threw the puck toward the net and Hayes finished it but that goal doesn't happen w/out Ristolainen's work.

Morgan Frost? ... paging Morgan Frost... top line minutes and hardly knew he was out there. Except when he took a puck to the face off Braun's stick - Frost came right back out though for his next shift!

A good comeback win against a real deep team. I can't remember the last time I said that about the Flyers.

• Like 2

14 hours ago, MaineFlyFan said:

BLAH.

Gummy?