Game 61: Flyers at Senators; 3/18/22 @ 7 PM, NBCSP

Howie58

Greetings:

Ottawa is a mild favorite (-120). with a 4-2 predicted score.  Statistically, we're a better faceoff club, but Ottawa's special teams' play is better.  It looks like Martin Jones versus Anton Forsberg--two goalies with GAA north of 3.0.  What will be left in the tank in a back-to-back after the win over Nashville?

11 minutes ago, Math said:

Chabot is out for the season, a huge loss for Ottawa. I'd favor the Flyers (just a bit...)

Damn it is going to be hard to out tank the tanking Masters...

Army Tank GIFs - Get the best GIF on GIPHY

You can lose this one Flyers i have faith in you. Flyers have slid from the 4th pick to the 7th with all this winning now they need to stop it immediately.

:BrownBag: 

• Like 1

And those stupid Canadiens and Coyotes have suddenly decided to play that relentless-f**k-the-risk-and-f**k-the-D-it's-all-out-attack- hockey that make them get winning streaks. I mean Arizona has the best offense in the NHL since March...

I wouldn't be surprised if Seattle finally get the best odds in the draft lottery.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Math said:

I wouldn't be surprised if Seattle finally get the best odds in the draft lottery.

I can't blame them Shane Harper is worth the tank....he could be there the next 10-12 years.

Flyers can use a forward like that too....this would be a good year to get in the top 3.

Be nice to see Frost center the top line who knows maybe he feels less pressure without Giroux next to him? I’m rooting for Frost and hope he has a real positive impact tonight. And keep Provorov/York together. I guess it’s not York’s natural side but they looked good together till Yeo bumped him back down with Yandle. No idea why…he can’t be showcasing Braun anymore I’m sure everyone who’s interested knows what JB brings. 

2 hours ago, OccamsRazor said:

I can't blame them Shane Harper is worth the tank....he could be there the next 10-12 years.

Flyers can use a forward like that too....this would be a good year to get in the top 3.

Next year would be a good year to get in the top 1. 

• Like 1

17 minutes ago, flyercanuck said:

Next year would be a good year to get in the top 1. 

Well the way Chuck is driving this plane they will struck the mountain by then for sure.

But we know the Flyers can only suck enough to get the 2nd pick at best.

That if Fletch doesn't deal it first fof some 33 year old forward who is from Minnesota....

• Haha 1

48 minutes ago, AlaskaFlyerFan said:

I prefer the Canadian team’s broadcast crew.  They don’t seem to be the homers like the US based team’s broadcast crews.

You're right, but living in FL, the home feed reminds me of earlier times with family.

yeah they're pretty flat tonight. Not bad defensively though and getting a lot of practice - spending their shifts defending.

Looks like Kevin Hayes shot his load last night...fumbling and bumbling all over the ice.

edit: ugh that won't help Frost's case - center ice that's just too obviou. Tie game midway thru the 3rd it's up for grabs on the road you just can't take a penalty like that. Ah Morgan we hardly knew ye...

Edited by GratefulFlyers
  • Like 1

Saw the stat showed the Sens with 18 blown leads this year - Flyers with 17.  Flyers could've taken over this game if they had just a little intensity, a little focus. And quit passing up shots. But like you said zero offensive pressure on the Sens.

edit: really Yeo? Pulling Jones to start the PP? Oh boy...recipe for disaster the Flyers SUCK with the man-advantage they're even worse with a 2-man advantage.

Ha and there it is. Jeez he couldn't do that again if he tried.

Edited by GratefulFlyers
  • Like 1

10 minutes ago, GratefulFlyers said:

reminds me of the quote from ... ? ... maybe somebody will know - some HC - a reporter asked what he thought of his team's execution and he said "I'm all for it."

John McKay with Tampa Buccaneers from the 70s.

The Nick Saban of his era.

• Like 1