Game 61: Flyers at Senators; 3/18/22 @ 7 PM, NBCSP

Howie58

I recall 2006-07. We were bad but you got it. They were incompetent and it was end of the road for the pre-strike mindset. At least, that's what I thought. For whatever reason, I am beyond anger or disgust. It's head scratching and apathy. Seriously.

• Like 3

3 hours ago, flyer4ever said:

Brain dead Chuck thinks Couturier and Ellis are going to fix this mess. What a tool.

No no don't worry Fletcher's Big Prize FA signing will have his best years in the O&B. If he does that's a solid 55pts! .... sure it's been 6 years since he hit that number but don't think about that. Just think, all that for a mere $7.1mil a year...

"Tool" doesn't begin to describe it.

edit: to be fair IF Ellis can play 75+ games it will help the Flyers tremendously. And IF Couturier reverts to form and hits 80+pts... Well neither is a "fix" but the Flyers should look about a thousand percent better next year with or w/out Giroux coming back.

Edited by GratefulFlyers
  • Like 2

29 minutes ago, GratefulFlyers said:

No no don't worry Fletcher's Big Prize FA signing will have his best years in the O&B. If he does that's a solid 55pts! .... sure it's been 6 years since he hit that number but don't think about that. Just think, all that for a mere $7.1mil a year...

edit: to be fair IF Ellis can play 75+ games it will help the Flyers tremendously. And IF Couturier reverts to form and hits 80+pts... Well neither is a "fix" but the Flyers should look about a thousand percent better next year with or w/out Giroux coming back.

As my mom would have said, from your lips to God's ears.

3 hours ago, flyer4ever said:

Brain dead Chuck thinks Couturier and Ellis are going to fix this mess. What a tool.

Well they won't hurt, but no, they won't fix it all either.

That effort shows they still have a good shot at winning the tank race though. 

The blight for Wright continues. 

1 hour ago, GratefulFlyers said:

Those are big IFS. I hope Ellis and Couts have great years next year, a savvy GM would fetch a nice return on both of them.

For some reason - maybe just hope - but I think Couturier will be ready to go next year, he'll be back 100%. Points-wise is anyone's guess, but at the very least I expect he'll be healthy.

Ellis I get the opposite feeling - or really no feeling at all. I only know he's had a lot of trouble staying in the lineup due to injury. So who knows...

Any other GM I'd expect a decent Plan B for Ellis but with Fletcher...well he just gave away 2 players, a 5R pick PLUS Giroux to get back Owen Tippett and a couple picks - and even had to retain 1/2 of Giroux's salary to get that done. Yes he got a 1R pick but it's FL so it'll be a very low 1R.

• Like 1