Giroux Traded to Panthers.

15 minutes ago, pilldoc said:

Gordon Ramsay Reaction GIF by Hell's Kitchen

and the clown show continues......

This GM can't even trade properly .....

We "ARE THE" laughing stock of the NHL ........

Yes and think of what a great job we do at developing prospects to their highest potential, Tippett will fit right in.  I look around this room and I see a lot of potential..

ADECC351-6B08-4321-94B7-79268734B8E0.jpeg

• Haha 1

33 minutes ago, flyer4ever said:

Considering the blow it up return from the Giroux deal I have no problem moving Atkinson. If you're gonna rebuild then go all in.

I have a feeling it will be TK . Atkinson has a bigger contract and is older , he will be hard to trade.

5 minutes ago, RonJeremy said:

I have a feeling it will be TK . Atkinson has a bigger contract and is older , he will be hard to trade.

Wow they got German Rubustov too?

First I seen that reported.

Awe he hasn't done squat anyways.

Another Hextall pick done away with...

3 minutes ago, ruxpin said:

Terrible trade, Fletchy.  Can't even do this right.

He's simply terrible.  How does he even get $7.25/hr?

You are being too nice…..

ol’ chucky boy needs to be 

image.thumb.jpeg.6a234b38af0ff26c434f95433fdbdf9d.jpeg

23 minutes ago, ruxpin said:

Terrible trade, Fletchy.  Can't even do this right.

He's simply terrible.  How does he even get $7.25/hr?

So I guess I can give up hope of them picking up half of JVR salary to dump him.

• Uggh... 1

Wow, after seeing the Chairot deal, I'm appalled by the paucity of this return.

I have read Giroux was only willing to waive to go to Florida, so I am sure that limited any leverage Chuck would have.

People on the Athletic gave the deal a C from the Flyers perspective. 

I think that is too generous. 

The front office needs a cleanse.

• Like 1
  • Uggh... 1

4 minutes ago, mojo1917 said:

Wow, after seeing the Chairot deal, I'm appalled by the paucity of this return.

I have read Giroux was only willing to waive to go to Florida, so I am sure that limited any leverage Chuck would have.

People on the Athletic gave the deal a C from the Flyers perspective. 

I think that is too generous. 

The front office needs a cleanse.

Senior advisors and the CEO need to go as well. This is beyond embarrassing. And the more I look at this, the more I see the influence of Bobby Clarke and it's not good. This is a farce and you can bet two things are going to happen. First, Fletcher will say that this is the best deal he could arrange and that we're really building a forward core based on size and speed. Second, expect the Flyers to throw Giroux under a bus by saying "he'd only waive for Florida" and "he didn't want to go anywhere else." And you can bet the media shills like Meltzer, Myrtytus, Carchidi, etc... are all going to buy into this narrative. I'm ashamed to be a Flyers fan right now. They are officially the worst run franchise in the NHL. I'm devastated. 

• Like 2
  • Good Post 1

12 minutes ago, BobbyClarkeFan16 said:

Senior advisors and the CEO need to go as well. This is beyond embarrassing. And the more I look at this, the more I see the influence of Bobby Clarke and it's not good. This is a farce and you can bet two things are going to happen. First, Fletcher will say that this is the best deal he could arrange and that we're really building a forward core based on size and speed. Second, expect the Flyers to throw Giroux under a bus by saying "he'd only waive for Florida" and "he didn't want to go anywhere else." And you can bet the media shills like Meltzer, Myrtytus, Carchidi, etc... are all going to buy into this narrative. I'm ashamed to be a Flyers fan right now. They are officially the worst run franchise in the NHL. I'm devastated. 

I second that thought…

I am underwhelmed.  Wait and see, Rubstov and Bunnaman blossom under a different coach/setting (or something like that).  Seriously, I am glad this is over and we focus on the squad ahead.  Tippett is a big dude.  Will he bring more finesse? All I hear about is a great shot.

We get no defense prospect.  That's a bummer. 

The Philadelphia Flyers traded Claude Giroux, a fifth-round pick in 2024, along with prospects Connor Bunnaman and German Rubtsov to the Florida Panthers on Saturday, in exchange for Owen Tippett, a first-round pick in 2024 and a third-round choice in 2023. The Flyers are also retaining 50% of Giroux's $8.275 million cap hit.

First round pick in 2024 is conditional that it is not in the top 10.

Edited by Fizz

4 hours ago, Digityman said:

I honestly think it's an okay deal.  You guys complaining about losing Bunnaman and Rubstov?  Neither were going to be on this team.  They got a first, third and a potential 2nd/3rd line guy with a good to great shot for G for 3 months.  Then G resigns for a home town discount.  I'm okay with this deal especially because that's where G wanted to go (and deserved).  

I look at it this way 3 contracts out and only one back.

Now go sign these college kids and get their development started...

Edited by OccamsRazor
#boubonup
  • Like 1

5 hours ago, Digityman said:

I honestly think it's an okay deal.  You guys complaining about losing Bunnaman and Rubstov?  Neither were going to be on this team.  They got a first, third and a potential 2nd/3rd line guy with a good to great shot for G for 3 months.  Then G resigns for a home town discount.  I'm okay with this deal especially because that's where G wanted to go (and deserved).  

Considering on the same day Boston gave Anaheim a first and 2 seconds for Lindholm, I'd say the return is pretty crap. Different positions granted, but Giroux is the bigger impact player to the playoff roster. 

Claude has a good shot at a cup so good for him but we got fleeced. 

8 hours ago, Fizz said:

The Philadelphia Flyers traded Claude Giroux, a fifth-round pick in 2024, along with prospects Connor Bunnaman and German Rubtsov to the Florida Panthers on Saturday, in exchange for Owen Tippett, a first-round pick in 2024 and a third-round choice in 2023. The Flyers are also retaining 50% of Giroux's $8.275 million cap hit.

First round pick in 2024 is conditional that it is not in the top 10.

Wow...Fletcher managed to make a worse trade than the Risto one. That's not easy. Why are we adding to Giroux on an already lousy deal while taking on capspace? I know we don't need the space. I know it's only a 5th. I know it's only Bunnamen and Rubstov. But it's always the other team getting more out of Fletch. Always.

Congrats Chuck Fletcher...you're the #1 worst GM in the league.

10 hours ago, BobbyClarkeFan16 said:

Senior advisors and the CEO need to go as well. This is beyond embarrassing. And the more I look at this, the more I see the influence of Bobby Clarke and it's not good. This is a farce and you can bet two things are going to happen. First, Fletcher will say that this is the best deal he could arrange and that we're really building a forward core based on size and speed. Second, expect the Flyers to throw Giroux under a bus by saying "he'd only waive for Florida" and "he didn't want to go anywhere else." And you can bet the media shills like Meltzer, Myrtytus, Carchidi, etc... are all going to buy into this narrative. I'm ashamed to be a Flyers fan right now. They are officially the worst run franchise in all of professional sports. I'm devastated. 

FIFY

• Like 1