Giroux Traded to Panthers.

10 minutes ago, MaineFlyFan said:

I hope Giroux wins a cup this year then comes back next and helps with the re-build.

Yes that is what i said somewhere around these parts.

Think of it as him going to battle. I know @mojo1917 remembers me saying this.

And all i want is him not to come back on his shield.

:salute:

• Like 2

39 minutes ago, OccamsRazor said:

You tell me who is who??

image.jpeg.27a5bafa15afec96b905e3b359b896a9.jpeg   image.jpeg.d0c1b855ecde7cb93a751dbae190c4a2.jpeg

Twins separated at birth. Man if one of them can play LW slap the other one on the RW between Coots and you have the Ginger Assassin line.

LOL ..... OMG the resemblance is scary! 

We just G with G .....  LOL

Giroux 2.0!

• Haha 1

4 minutes ago, Cheesesteak said:

Tippett is a ginger too!?

Flyers traded a ginger for a ginger eh? 

what's with all the gingers...they must really like the color orange :NinjaLookLeftRight1:

They bring G back and put him between these two.

A Ginger Oreo

Speaking of Ginger...had a new beverage on St. PATS. Jameson Irish Cola: Jameson, GINGER BEER, cola liquor

Very tasty

I highly doubt Giroux comes back.

Why sign in Philly at a home town discount when he could sign with a contender for the same money.

Giroux will chase a cup with the years he has left.

3 minutes ago, CoachX said:

A Ginger Oreo

Speaking of Ginger...had a new beverage on St. PATS. Jameson Irish Cola: Jameson, GINGER BEER, cola liquor

Very tasty

Only Ginger i like is with sushi.

I almost married a ginger.

But it didn't work and we broke off an engagement 6 months after i separated from the Navy.

Man talk about dodging a bullet.

The only reason i didn't get stationed in La Maddalena Sardinia. I got out because of her.

Man that place would have been paradise as a 22 year old strapping young lad.

I hate her till this day because of that.

#nolovefortheginger

• Haha 1

2 minutes ago, Fizz said:

I highly doubt Giroux comes back.

Why sign in Philly at a home town discount when he could sign with a contender for the same money.

Giroux will chase a cup with the years he has left.

I'm not worried about it. He is gone now he holds all the leverage.

Because he only wanted to go to Florida Chuck really had no leverage to get very much.

I hope this kid and the 2024 1st can results in something net positive. 

Now it will be on Wade Allison to steal a stop on the 4th line and then do his best to push Atkinson or Konecny off a line.

Or even Tippett off the 3rd even.

Competition is what this team needs so bad.

Now that G is gone let's see what cream rises to the top if there is any.

Now if we can just themselves of JVR and Brassard that would be progress.

I'd love to sign Brink and slot him somewhere in the bottom 6 for the rest of the season.

Nothing left to lose.

Maybe even replace Willman and Brown with homegrown guys even like Radcliff and Sandin.

@Cookie

Well this was moved to your forum so i will be pulling for you guys. To hoist a Cup never had much hate for this club.

I am however sadden that ANOTHER southern hockey club will have a chance at a Cup over by beloved Flyers.

Yet i have already suffered the Canes, Kings and the Bolts x 2 already so the heart is pretty scarred and callous as it is.

I have always dreamed of stealing Barkov since he came in the league something about his game i have always loved. 

Good luck the rest of the way.

• Like 1

I've read a couple stories saying that since "Giroux only wanted FL" this supposedly hamstrung Fletcher. Why? The way I see it Giroux obviously had to tell Fletcher but we can assume he didn't tell anybody else. Why would this hurt Fletcher in negotiations? Negotiating entails at least some bluffing, so Fletcher should've been able to portray Giroux has "excited to play for 3 or 4 different teams."

I don't know...am I missing something?

edit: and yes I realize GMs talk to each other. But would they tell the truth if they were after the same player?

I dunno I must be having a serious brain cramp or something...too many reputable (well sort of) writers have written how "only FL" hurt Fletcher in negotiations. I'll buy it but I wish I understood exactly why.

Edited by GratefulFlyers
  • Like 1

37 minutes ago, CoachX said:

A Ginger Oreo

Very tasty

looks like the ginger beer was the weak link in all that cola hooch haha, though that drink does sound pretty tasty.  funny how they are just doing away with mixers and turning THEM into the hard stuff too ie cola liquor.   btw, sour apple whiskey???  did they REALLY need to go there?  in it's defense, someone did say it was unexpectedly good.  

2 hours ago, GratefulFlyers said:

Ol Chuck was think a bird in the hand is better than two in the bush.

If that is where he wanted to go then the only course of action he could've had is wait till the very last second and keep Giroux and let him ride out the season and maybe walk for free.

All he could have done. And it still wouldn't been enough for some fans. I'm good with Giroux having a say so and the Flyers getting some pieces in return.

Do i wish it would have been better sure but why would the Florida GM bid against himself??

Now if Chuck was their GM they might have landed a king's ransom. Oh well just finish the year with no more injuries. Purge as much as they can.

Too bad this couldn't have been Yandle or JVR.

• Good Post 1

19 hours ago, Digityman said:

I honestly think it's an okay deal.  You guys complaining about losing Bunnaman and Rubstov?  Neither were going to be on this team.  They got a first, third and a potential 2nd/3rd line guy with a good to great shot for G for 3 months.  Then G resigns for a home town discount.  I'm okay with this deal especially because that's where G wanted to go (and deserved).  

Just want to comment on a couple of things.

First,  thanks for taking up the voice of moderation mantle.

Second has to do with Rubstov and Echo & the Bunaman.

I have read the idea behind including those two is to A) open up contracts to sign college players and B) give those guys a shot elsewhere because they are not in the plans going forward.

So again,  Chuck's move isn't made in a vacuum nor borne of idiocy.

I would much rather have Noah Cates and Bobby Brink in the system than 2 guys we know aren't "it".

Also Chuck is again flashing his decent human credentials by give those 2 players a chance elsewhere. 

• Like 3

29 minutes ago, mojo1917 said:

Just want to comment on a couple of things.

First,  thanks for taking up the voice of moderation mantle.

Second has to do with Rubstov and Echo & the Bunaman.

I have read the idea behind including those two is to A) open up contracts to sign college players and B) give those guys a shot elsewhere because they are not in the plans going forward.

So again,  Chuck's move isn't made in a vacuum nor borne of idiocy.

I would much rather have Noah Cates and Bobby Brink in the system than 2 guys we know aren't "it".

Also Chuck is again flashing his decent human credentials by give those 2 players a chance elsewhere. 

Sorry Fletchers job is to make this team better not to give assets away just so they get a chance to play.

Fletcher F'ed this up royally. He got the least amount possible for Giroux and did next to nothing to improve this teams future outlook.

18 minutes ago, Fizz said:

Sorry Fletchers job is to make this team better not to give assets away just so they get a chance to play.

Fletcher F'ed this up royally. He got the least amount possible for Giroux and did next to nothing to improve this teams future outlook.

Thanks for defining the job description,  I had no idea the GM's job was to build a competitive team. 🙄

Tippett is 23 and has now played 95 NHL games. He is most likely not done developing. 

Of the choices: Giroux does not get moved then walks for nothing in F/A because the Flyers are rebuilding. Or the Flyers get a few picks a prospect and room to sign college kids with promise.  

I choose door #2  all day everyday.

YMMV

Edited by mojo1917
  • Like 3
  • Good Post 1

44 minutes ago, mojo1917 said:

Thanks for defining the job description,  I had no idea the GM's job was to build a competitive team. 🙄

Tippett is 23 and has now played 95 NHL games. He is most likely not done developing. 

Of the choices: Giroux does not get moved then walks for nothing in F/A because the Flyers are rebuilding. Or the Flyers get a few picks a prospect and room to sign college kids with promise.  

I choose door #2  all day everyday.

YMMV

Well with you saying Fletcher was a nice guy to send prospects Bunnaman, & Rubstov to just give them a chance to play.

I thought you might have needed a refresher as to what a GM's job entailed. Which is to improve the team he works for not to give away prospects just so they get a chance to play. That is laughable.

2 hours ago, Fizz said:

Maybe he has he got draft picks and one is a 2024 first rounder so you have to wait to see what that produces.

Chuck only had one team to deal with so he got a kid who can help to what extent we'll have to wait and see he is younger than Allison and Laczynski who have neither made an impact either but they are Flyer draft picks.

He wasn't going to make them Cup contenders with this one move.

Maybe some of you folks need to step back from the ledge it is going to be ok.

It may be 5 more years before this team is a serious threat.

I would advise some of yall, you know if the shoe fits who you are and all to find something else to turn to for awhile.

I have and it has help immensely.

I still keep up with their progress though but this year is shot.

Holding out it gets turned around quicker than I stated but it might not.

For all we know Chuck could be out this offseason.

I want whatever it takes for me to see them win  Stanely Cup before I die...

Edited by OccamsRazor
#boubonup
  • Like 1
  • Good Post 1

2 minutes ago, Fizz said:

Well with you saying Fletcher was a nice guy to send prospects Bunnaman, & Rubstov to just give them a chance to play.

I thought you might have needed a refresher as to what a GM's job entailed. Which is to improve the team he works for not to give away prospects just so they get a chance to play. That is laughable.

Those two haven't did anything since being in the Leigh Valley system so maybe a change of scenery helps them but the Flyers are moving on like they did with kids like Lagerge a year ago time is up.

It is next man up in this profession and if that doesn't light a fire under these kid's asses then nothing will.

Time to move on.

So now Chuck has freed up two spots for the many kids they have coming some time this week or next.

Stay tuned.

• Like 2

3 hours ago, OccamsRazor said:

I want to see the kid get a better number maybe he waits till next year.

10 of the Flyers players today are 25 or younger. I would like to see them shed more age.

I really hate the age debate

5 hours ago, GratefulFlyers said:

I've read a couple stories saying that since "Giroux only wanted FL" this supposedly hamstrung Fletcher. Why? The way I see it Giroux obviously had to tell Fletcher but we can assume he didn't tell anybody else. Why would this hurt Fletcher in negotiations? Negotiating entails at least some bluffing, so Fletcher should've been able to portray Giroux has "excited to play for 3 or 4 different teams."

edit: and yes I realize GMs talk to each other. But would they tell the truth if they were after the same player?

I dunno I must be having a serious brain cramp or something...too many reputable (well sort of) writers have written how "only FL" hurt Fletcher in negotiations. I'll buy it but I wish I understood exactly why.

I feel pretty confident Florida knew. Assuming Chuck wouldn't tell them is fine, by why wouldn't the other GMs from teams G turned down?

And then there is the agent

10 minutes ago, CoachX said:

I really hate the age debate

You can't hate it all you want. In my eyes it isn't that big of a deal I believe you need a good mix. I think the Flyers have that.

Now make sure that mix is the quality they need.

Because you can be as young as you want if you can't help then you need to be sent down till you can.

But no team has ever won a Cup with nothing but kids.

Vets are needed to and have their place.

But just like the kids it has to be the right combo and the chemistry needs to be there.

Edited by OccamsRazor
#boubonup
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, Fizz said:

I really think you completely missed the point. Take a breath. It'll be ok

• Like 2