Game 63: Flyers at Red Wings; 3/22/22 @ 7:30 PM, NBCSP

Howie58

Greetings:

The Red Wings are a mild favorite (-134) but the O and B are playing better hockey over the last 10 games and we 8-3 vs. Detroit over the last 11:

https://freepicks.picksandparlays.net/more-free-picks/nhl-picks/philadelphia-flyers-at-detroit-red-wings-32222-nhl-picks-and-predictions

This game's greatest significance is roster--who is gone from the scene by faceoff?  

Edited by Howie58

59 minutes ago, Howie58 said:

Greetings:

The Red Wings are a mild favorite (-134) but the O and B are playing better hockey over the last 10 games and we 8-3 vs. Detroit over the last 11:

https://freepicks.picksandparlays.net/more-free-picks/nhl-picks/philadelphia-flyers-at-detroit-red-wings-32222-nhl-picks-and-predictions

This game's greatest significance is roster--who is gone from the scene by faceoff?  

Howie is putting 32 days in a month i don't know if i like that.

Are you adding more rest days or more work days asking for a friend...

:beer:

• Howie58 changed the title to Game 63: Flyers at Red Wings; 3/22/22 @ 7:30 PM, NBCSP
14 minutes ago, OccamsRazor said:

Howie is putting 32 days in a month i don't know if i like that.

Are you adding more rest days or more work days asking for a friend...

:beer:

Heck, I can't blame the Merlot or COVID on that...edited in your honor.  WTF, either I can't read or am getting lazy.  

• Haha 1

31 minutes ago, Howie58 said:

Heck, I can't blame the Merlot or COVID on that...edited in your honor.  WTF, either I can't read or am getting lazy.  

I loved it. I have been terrible all week on my cell phone fat fingering the letters.

I sure hope someone wakes Chuck up and reminds him they are sellers not buyers so stop dreaming purge brother.

Take even picks for all the junk i'm good with buying cap space for picks back.

:BrownBag:

1 hour ago, Howie58 said:

Yes indeed...only a couple hours away now and still nothing about Braun, Brassard or Jones.

All 3 have to get moved. All should fetch some late-round picks at least ... and for a change, it might be nice if they were this year's draft picks...

Edited by GratefulFlyers

55 minutes ago, GratefulFlyers said:

Yes indeed...only a couple hours away now and still nothing about Braun, Brassard or Jones.

All 3 have to get moved. All should fetch some late-round picks at least ... and for a change, it might be nice if they were this year's draft picks...

Well, it looks like Braun to the Rangers for a third.  I can't imagine we face him in a Rags jersey next year.

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, OccamsRazor said:

If nothing else, it is an open roster slot.  After CF's presser, I get the impression he is trying to sign college or otherwise undrafted folks.  He stressed that in discussing Rubstov and Bunny's departure.  

Edited by Howie58

So it looks like Hayes on the top line.

Laughton the 2nd.

Frost the 3rd.

Brown the 4th.

At center.

And Yandle and Seeler as the 3rd pair should secure a nice pick for the Flyers hopefully.

Buy knowing them they will find a way to squeak out a win and continue the draft spot.

It's the Flyer way.

Greetings:

I'll be at work tonight and look forward to the gang's take.  They've already beaten us twice this year.  Seeler and Yandle on the third D pairing.  If I were watching, that might lead to an INFUSION of Merlot. 

• Haha 1

If I understood CF correctly, the Phantoms are making a last-ditch effort to make the playoffs, so he won't call people up.  I suspect if they don't make it, we will see some youngins.  That might explain Seeler.  I won't comment on Yandle.  

I was a bit surprised that CF signed some dude at $750K at forward who looks like a perennial ECHLer.  That didn't make a lot of sense.  

We are in the last quarter.  The indigestion stops soon.  

I would have preferred Sandstrom to get some time, but the playoff gig and injuries may block it.  Jones' salary and numbers may have scared away takers, despite playing well lately.  Frost, Tippett, and Lindblom looked good.  Maybe we have a future line with some speed and skill. 

Max Willman....not how you are suppose to do it...

I am sure the bosses above are proud...

I don't think Hart can survive 5 more years of Ristolainen. I said i wasn't going to show bad plays.

I lied.

I wish someone would ask Chuck what he thought of Risto's play since signing that deal.

Glad this hot mess is over. I am really worried about the psyche of these kids.

:BrownBag:

9 hours ago, OccamsRazor said:

I figured you would want to give the C to an Ironman right?

It's so obviously going to the guy who wouldn't play for the Flyers unless they overpaid him. What else could you ask for in a leader?

• Uggh... 1

2 hours ago, flyercanuck said:

It's so obviously going to the guy who wouldn't play for the Flyers unless they overpaid him. What else could you ask for in a leader?

So will that require signing more of his friends?