Brassard to Oilers….

pilldoc

8 minutes ago, ruxpin said:

So, $412,500.

Maybe not coincidentally, that was the gate at the last home game.

I am good with it someone offer me a 4th or 5th for JVR.

Or a 6th.

Or 7th.

I'll go with a conditional 7th

:beer: 

3 minutes ago, OccamsRazor said:

I am good with it someone offer me a 4th or 5th for JVR.

Or a 6th.

Or 7th.

I'll go with a conditional 7th

:beer: 

I'd put him out on the curb with a "FREE" sign.  I'd pay his whole stinking salary the rest of this season for someone to take him.

• Like 3
  • Haha 1

Wait - that wasn't a joke? That the Flyers are retaining ... oh come on for Brassard? That has to be a joke.

edit: holyshit it's true. My bad I keep forgetting Fletcher thinks his job is to make the other GM feel good about the deal.

Edited by GratefulFlyers
  • Like 2

Just now, ruxpin said:

I'd put him out on the curb with a "FREE" sign.  I'd pay his whole stinking salary the rest of this season for someone to take him.

So i say if you can't trade him this offseason it may at least work this next trade deadline or otherwise i would seriously think about buying him out.

I don't think i want my kids seeing him floating and not playing a 200 foot game you can not sell that unless everyone is playing that way.

So i lean hard buying him out. But if i know i can limp through the season hoping he can up his value i can live with it. Next season could be a very rough year too if this defense doesn't get better.

York needs a good tutor on the 3rd pair and Ivan needs Ellis back. If not it could be brutal.

I go inot next season with Hart and Sandstrom and it would be Felix's job to lose i am not yo yoing him next year i would play him through his struggles.

My main priority is a right hand vet D man to bring York along with. Doesn't have to be a right hand shot but a guy who can play the right side and it wouldn't be Zamula. Morin is my 7th till he is not.

But without doubt JVR has to go.

21 minutes ago, GratefulFlyers said:

Wait - that wasn't a joke? That the Flyers are retaining ... oh come on for Brassard? That has to be a joke.

edit: holyshit it's true. My bad I keep forgetting Fletcher thinks his job is to make the other GM feel good about the deal.

I don't see what the big deal is honestly.

Brassard was signed for this year only.

Those carrots are cooked no matter what- yes?

Moving on from guys like Brass and Braun will open up spots for other players.

I kind of think I'm done watching Flyers hockey for this season though. 

I'm not sure that "the kids" will get to play, in the NHL- which would be why I'd tune in.

The Phantoms have games in hand on everyone in their division and if they get hot could qualify for the AHL playoffs.

There is a possibility they can make the playoffs since 23 of 31 teams qualify and the Phantoms are one hot streak away from leapfrogging half the league.

Their season isn't toasted yet. So, if these college guys add some energy and talent to the team, that could be a better atmosphere to play in. 

Those kids will all benefit from playing in that environment and not playing out the string getting their asses whipped in the NHL.

Edited by mojo1917
  • Like 2

36 minutes ago, JR Ewing said:

He's an alright depth player, and he's clearly not in the future plans for Philly, so the return is fine. Time for him to get an old-timey nickname like "The Suitcase".

Yeah, I'm perfectly fine with this one.  The return is actually decent considering there's no way he's in Edmonton next year unless he gets a job at a car dealership there.  West German BMW West, or something.

I have nothing against the guy, and he will be a good depth guy, like you said.  Ironically, that's what Fletcher got him for, but it never played out that way.

• Like 1

16 hours ago, mojo1917 said:

@GratefulFlyers

Also, if the team is to move on from JvR, get ready to see more salary retention. 

To me that will be money well spent.

For JVR yes please Fletcher retain whatever it takes. But for Brassard with such a low (practically league-minimum) salary, it just reeks of incompetence if you can't swing a deal w/out a "string" attached. 

Of course it falls under the "Who cares?" category it doesn't hurt the Flyers. But imho it reflects poorly on Fletcher.

8 minutes ago, GratefulFlyers said:

But for Brassard with such a low (practically league-minimum) salary, it just reeks of incompetence if you can't swing a deal w/out a "string" attached. 

Maybe your world view and his are different.

I get the distinct impression from Chuck that he doesn't view his job as a pure conflict endeavor.