New Leafs Jerseys

Toronto Maple Leafs to wear Justin Bieber-designed third jersey

The Toronto Maple Leafs will wear a Justin Bieber-designed alternate jersey for their Wednesday game against the New Jersey Devils, which the NHL says is "the first reversible sweater ever in North American professional sports."

The jersey, created for the Leafs' annual youth-oriented Next Gen game, is a collaboration with Bieber, his fashion brand, Drew House, and adidas.

The Maple Leafs will wear an alternate jersey designed by fan Justin Bieber. 

"My love for the Maple Leafs has always been a big part of who I am, and my passion for the team, and the passion of millions of fans, is stitched into this Next Gen sweater," the Canadian singer said in a statement. "I'm grateful to the Leafs for the chance to team up again to create something so authentic for the team and its fans."

The on-ice jersey is primarily black with blue finishes. The crest is the modern Leafs logo with a "shibori-inspired" tweak to its design, incorporating aspects of Japanese tie-dyeing. That same pattern is found on the sleeves and socks with one innovative Easter egg: the silhouette of the Toronto skyline subtly woven into the bands. The numbers on the jersey are in black.

The reversible jersey is also black but has an entirely new design. The stitching of the Leafs' logo creates an outline for a bright yellow maple leaf logo with a Drew House smiley-face incorporated into it. The stripes are flipped to yellow and the numbers are also reversed.

"The opportunity to collaborate with Justin and drew house to create such a unique alternate sweater will make it even more special for our fans and the team," said Brendan Shanahan, Toronto Maple Leafs president and alternate governor.

The Next Gen uniform becomes the 15th alternate uniform worn by the Maple Leafs in club history.

Toronto Maple Leafs to wear reversible, Justin Bieber-designed third jersey

Updated: Mar. 22, 2022, 4:19 p.m. | Published: Mar. 22, 2022, 4:13 p.m. SDVHMLGPPBGS7BJAL25ON3ZQTY.jpg

The Toronto Maple Leafs unveiled a reversible Next Gen third jersey designed by pop superstar and lifelong fan Justin Bieber on Tuesday, March 22.NHL

Designed by Justin Bieber... Geez... But I have to admit, these have something.

On the other hand, an O6 jersey is like your best friend's penis: Don't ever, ever, touch it, under no circumstances.

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

I watched a bit of the Leafs game, the deep blue shades are sharp and this jersey is solid. But the numbers should have been filled with the same shade of blue, or something brighter. Numbers with only the outline sucks, we can barely see them on TV. It's the same with the Lightning dull alternate and the Stars' radioactive pee green thirds.

• Like 2