Pronger mystery virus

Guest Poulin20

OK so what is really going on here? The last time I heard of a an athlete with a Mystery virus it turned out to be a cover for something else which turned out to be a stress related illness. I don't thing prongs has that but it is pretty concerning as they are not saying what this virus is or what the timetable is for return. Maybe it is something embarrassing like hemorrhoids something??? At this point it is beyond suspicious as he is doubtful for today vs the Rags.

Holmgren stated that Pronger was feeling better but would not play until next Friday.

I think Mono would qualify as a virus, where an athlete can not have physical activity for two weeks.

I hope that is it and if so why the "mystery" label???

It is not like the other teams gain a competitive advantage by knowing the virus type. It was handled in a weird way by the team which is why it raised some suspicions in me.

I hope that is it and if so why the "mystery" label???

It is not like the other teams gain a competitive advantage by knowing the virus type. It was handled in a weird way by the team which is why it raised some suspicions in me.

I am just speculating, for what ever reason Holmgren is more elusive than in the past.

OK so what is really going on here? The last time I heard of a an athlete with a Mystery virus it turned out to be a cover for something else which turned out to be a stress related illness. I don't thing prongs has that but it is pretty concerning as they are not saying what this virus is or what the timetable is for return. Maybe it is something embarrassing like hemorrhoids something??? At this point it is beyond suspicious as he is doubtful for today vs the Rags.

I bet they knew for a week or so Pronger was going to have to have surgery. Seems to me that's the kind of decision that's arrived at over time, after days of evaluation. Looking back in hindsight, now that they've announced this knee surgey, I'm fairly certain that's what this "virus" was all about. They knew surgery was coming......

I bet they knew for a week or so Pronger was going to have to have surgery. Seems to me that's the kind of decision that's arrived at over time, after days of evaluation. Looking back in hindsight, now that they've announced this knee surgey, I'm fairly certain that's what this "virus" was all about. They knew surgery was coming......

Almost, I think they knew they needed some time to evaluate the situation with his knee. They were hoping that he wouldn't need surgery, but when the condition didn't improve they had no choice.

Almost, I think they knew they needed some time to evaluate the situation with his knee. They were hoping that he wouldn't need surgery, but when the condition didn't improve they had no choice.

Another possibility is that Homer was working on a trade and did not want to come off as weak. Your top defenseman is going out for 4 to 6 weeks....any trading partner you are dealing with that has this information is going to rake you over the coals.......see Adam Oates trade for reference......

Another possibility is that Homer was working on a trade and did not want to come off as weak. Your top defenseman is going out for 4 to 6 weeks....any trading partner you are dealing with that has this information is going to rake you over the coals.......see Adam Oates trade for reference......

I think Holmgren is and was exploring defensive trade options. But with the entire league so tight this year in the standings that option will be difficult.

I read this morning and it makes sense as to why our team struggles so when Pronger is out of the line-u[. And that is it takes two defensemen to cover what Pronger does.