Minnesota Wild vs. Colorado Avalanche 3/27/22 @ 5:00PM CST at the "X"

CreaseAndAssist

2 minutes ago, Tomdog said:

Toews needs to be put into the 5th row about 6 times in a row.

A hit bordering on 'suspension worthy' would make the proper statement, and to one of the Avs STAR players versus Toews should do the trick

3 minutes ago, TropicalFruitGirl26 said:

If there is time for that, sure.
I'd prefer the team to focus on another goal for a lead cushion rather than some low rung defenseman from the Avs.

Sure, But a solid legal bone crushing hit could send a nice message.
That is why we beefed up right?

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, EmptyShelf said:

A hit bordering on 'suspension worthy' would make the proper statement, and to one of the Avs STAR players versus Toews should do the trick

well some Avs fans already consider us one of the dirtiest team in the league

3 minutes ago, TropicalFruitGirl26 said:

If there is time for that, sure.
I'd prefer the team to focus on another goal for a lead cushion rather than some low rung defenseman from the Avs.

While I agree with focusing upon the game at hand (and increasing lead), if this $hit is not addressed NOW before the playoffs; it will continue like it has since Kap has entered the league.  Something DEFINITIVE needs to be served up as Exhibit A of what you will no longer get away with regard to Kap.  I suspect that is why BG brought in DeLaurs.  A message MUST be sent.

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, EmptyShelf said:

While I agree with focusing upon the game at hand (and increasing lead), if this $hit is not addressed NOW before the playoffs; it will continue like it has since Kap has entered the league.  Something DEFINITIVE needs to be served up as Exhibit A of what you will no longer get away with regard to Kap.  I suspect that is why BG brought in DeLaurs.  A message MUST be sent.

Suspect? He literally said we need to get tougher and protect our star players.
I don't want a stupid hit or fight, That why I said a clean legal nasty hit, But the time has passed now.

6 minutes ago, TropicalFruitGirl26 said:

The fact that Avs fans are recognizing this is music to my ears.
Means Minnesota actually worries them a bit.

well until the coaches and players for the Avs think this than I think it's really doesn't mean much.

1 minute ago, bbgarnett said:

well until the coaches and players for the Avs think this than I think it's really doesn't mean much.

None of those guys would ever say so openly to the fans or media, so we may never know for sure, but I am pretty sure they respect the kind of damage the Wild can do to their chances at a Cup.

Even if Colorado were to take the series, I am willing to bet the Avalanche staff and players realize what a big chunk of their arses a physical Minnesota series can take out of them and leave them subject to being picked off by the next opponent.

4 minutes ago, TropicalFruitGirl26 said:

None of those guys would ever say so openly to the fans or media, so we may never know for sure, but I am pretty sure they respect the kind of damage the Wild can do to their chances at a Cup.

Even if Colorado were to take the series, I am willing to bet the Avalanche staff and players realize what a big chunk of their arses a physical Minnesota series can take out of them and leave them subject to being picked off by the next opponent.

Personally I think Calgary could beat them regardless