Flyers targeting Stoll

Guest mng815

Just read on Hockeybuzz, not Ecklund, but Kings guy Matthew Barry that the Flyers are pursuing Stoll. What does everyone think? Not a bad depth guy IMO.

Why would the Flyers want another center?

Briere, Couturier, Schenn, Talbot, Giroux

Doesn't make sense to me.

Part of a larger move ?

I think we're good at center and I do not want to watch Schenn roll through the league in a different sweater as part of deal for Suter or Nash

Edited by mojo1917

he's kinda meh all around. came into the league and was thought to maybe be a big deal, but it never really happened. not great at anything, not bad at anything. good depth going into the playoffs, but that's pretty much the extent of it.

The only thing I know of Stoll (this is what i am hearing from other people) is that he's damn good on face offs, is a good penalty killer, and has heavy shot as a PP point man. All good attributes but I am confused like you guys. Not sure how he would fit with this team.

Edited by mng815

Jarret Stoll

GREAT in faceoffs

Very Hard Shot (Plays Point on PP but his nickname is high and wide...)

Good PK'r

Usually takes 1 dumb penalty a game

Can produce points

Last year best in NHL in shootouts (I think..?)

Thats bout it. :)

whoah... whoah... wait a second there buddy. Jeff Carter owns the rights to the nick-name 'high and wide'.

Bernier would be our starter in a year or two easy.

Wouldn't you (couldn't you) say the same about Bob though? I'd argue Bob is our better goalie right now - compared to Bryzgalov - and should be starting most of the games. But of course a huge contract speaks louder than Save % so we're stuck with Bryzgalov.

In any case I don't see the point of swapping Bob for Bernier. They're both young and athletic, both move well etc. But Bob has the benefit of already being here and playing under Lavy for 2 years. I don't see a good reason to move him for another young "maybe / probably" goalie.

Wouldn't you (couldn't you) say the same about Bob though? I'd argue Bob is our better goalie right now - compared to Bryzgalov - and should be starting most of the games. But of course a huge contract speaks louder than Save % so we're stuck with Bryzgalov.

In any case I don't see the point of swapping Bob for Bernier. They're both young and athletic, both move well etc. But Bob has the benefit of already being here and playing under Lavy for 2 years. I don't see a good reason to move him for another young "maybe / probably" goalie.

That sounds way too reasonable to work. Pshh.