Random musings on the Central

Guest yave1964

I think the Red Wings would like to feature Tatar a bit as trade bait, I know 22 in a row at home, some fans are saying dont mess with chemistry but truth is the Wings need depth, another scorer and maybe another defensemen if the asking price isnt too high.

Cant believe the return Gill and Grossman just fetched. I read a rumor that with picking up Gill and having the kid defensemen coming on like Josi and Ellis that the Predators would entertain offers for Suter, who is an UFA at the end of the season. Almost everyone colors him gone, with the right deal Nashville could challenge for a cup, but what would a team have to give up for him? I dont see him being dealt in the west, in the east the flyers have a desperate need for him, and the Preds might be able to command a fortune.

I dont know what to think of the Blues. I give them credit, they laid an absolute egg to the Bluejackets the other evening, then bounced back by beating the hell out of the Isles. Great team defense, everyone responsible in their own zone. As far as two way play the most underrated player I have seen this season is Vladimir Sobotka, he is plus 14, taking on other teams first line forwards. Watch him sometime, he plays like Bob Gainey.

The Hawks are in Danger of missing the playoffs, something I cant believe I am saying. The Hockey news ran an article about how good their defense is shortly before it competely collapsed, all the off season signings except Montador look bad and the schedule is unfavorable down the stretch. They have the money and prospects, they will likely have to overpay with both to salvage the season.

Columbus is looking to dump, Vermette, R.J., Paulsson, but the guy I would look to deal no matter how he is playing now is Brassard. He quit on his coach and didnt show up until Arniel was canned. I wouldnt want him on any team I liked.

Stay well and see you somewhere I hope (Whos famous quote every week was that?).

Dave york

I think the Red Wings would like to feature Tatar a bit as trade bait, I know 22 in a row at home, some fans are saying dont mess with chemistry but truth is the Wings need depth, another scorer and maybe another defensemen if the asking price isnt too high.

I wouldn't mess with the chemistry either, but I wouldn't adding another "chemical" to the mix to bring it all together. The Wings are clicking again. They have plenty of prospects to deal, and yes, I think Tatar should be among them, along with Nyquist. I don't know what you were saying about Abdelkader....I've been a big fan of his for a while. He's been a fantastic all around player for several years now and the future looks bright. I don't think we need Suter, but a decent second or third line defender would go a long way, especially to replace Brad Stuart. As was offered in the Trade Wars blog, Johnny Oduya would fit nicely.

I would wait until the post-season to add a top scorer (I mean TOP). Ken Holland should still be looking for a depth forward though for that third line, which would (should) bump Homer down to the fourth and allow him to stay sharp on the power play. Erik Christensen would fit well.

I dont see him being dealt in the west, in the east the flyers have a desperate need for him, and the Preds might be able to command a fortune.

That fortune would likely change the face of any team.

I wouldn't mess with the chemistry either, but I wouldn't adding another "chemical" to the mix to bring it all together.

Adding a small piece shouldn't change the chemistry to much. I think the problem might be more that they are peaking a little early.

Stay well and see you somewhere I hope

I google it but only found your post (#3). Who was it?

That fortune would likely change the face of any team. Adding a small piece shouldn't change the chemistry to much. I think the problem might be more that they are peaking a little early. I google it but only found your post (#3). Who was it?
Hal Lebowitz, longtime Cleveland baseball writer, in the baseball hall of fame in the journalism wing, grew up reading him make a bad for decades baseball team entertaining. He signed off on every column with that little quote. Gotta remember the old guys every now and then.

Adding a small piece shouldn't change the chemistry to much. I think the problem might be more that they are peaking a little early.

I don't think their peaking too early. Matter fact, I think they're hitting their stride for the season. They've had a number of big wins in the past, but the caliber of the players has never been as high as it is right now. Even Jonathan Ericsson, who is a favorite whipping boy of mine, if playing at a much higher level. The most important part is they're doing it all AS A TEAM, which makes them that much tougher to top.