Winter Classic Game(S)Tickets

Guest Hexy27

Hey everyone! I got an email inviting me to purchase tickets to the alumni and phantoms games at the WC. I was wondering if anyone on the board has purchased tickets to this yet? How much were they going for? I'm hoping to buy 4 tickets and I am leaning toward the alumni game.

Not bad! Someone had told me that Phantoms tickets were $70 at the lower end. If I can get similar prices I may go to both games!

Is there a map of the stadium layout in relation to the rink anywhere? I just want to make sure I can actually see the game from where I end up sitting.

I'm not sure; depend how far from the center. But I’m looking mid range price tickets (from original price, for ex: on Flyers games at arena the most cheap is upper row level and expensive one is near the glass. so it would price for tickets, that is upper level but first 8 rows up) , so give me your price I will look seating position and price.

phlfly - If you're scouting for tickets, be aware that sight lines outdoors are going to be much different than inside. With the relative distance from the stands to the ice, lower level seats probably provide the worst sight lines in the house. Best seats possible would be behind home plate in the 300 level....which of course all went the corporate boxholders right out of the chute

phl -- you may already know this; but season ticket holders were limited to only the number of seats they have normally. All three games (PHL/NYR, Phantoms, Alumni) had to be purchased, with "no planned additional sale." Allegedly the next priority goes to a limited number of partial plan holders. Then Rangers ticket holders. Then Phillies full season ticket holders.

For best results, keep an eye on the secondary market... That is really going to be the best bet. Good luck!

Anyone know if they are going to have a big screen outside the stadium to watch the game? I want to go and have the experience, but I am not paying $500 for a seat. I'm fine with tailgating and watching the game.

I think it's tough -- Season Ticket holders that are selling their WC tickets are trying to recoup their money for the entire package and make a small profit (which is fair considering they have paid their dues as Season Ticket holders for years and earned the opportunity), because the reality is, their Alumni/Phantoms tickets aren't really worth much of anything. So, someone who paid nearly $400 for two $149 Winter Classic tickets + fees, is likely going to try to sell their seats at $400 a piece, considering they paid somewhere in the $615 for the whole package.

yep, 500 is too much they are smoking something good. Let do a tailgate with all possible gang.

I can tell you with complete certainty that tickets in the 400 level have been sold for (and already paid for) $1100 each for the WC game only. I know of two separate sales at these numbers for a pair each time.

I personally turned down a hard offer of $6000 cash for my four seats together in 210 for all three games. That's roughly double my cost. (I'm going)

I would take $6000 and run.

I will pay not more 250 per ticket and at any sector.

You will be able to get in for 250 closer to the game. Those lower level seats that listed for 79 won't go for much more than that. The brokers will get nervous and start dumping the week before.

Four together is very hard to find. I need four for my family the same as my regular seats. Worth far more than $6K to me to not go.

The time to sell is going to be mid-24/7 HBO special. The time to buy is going to be the day before the Classic, but only if brokers are still holding on to stock. It's a risk. If the only tickets left on websites are the few that are priced completely out of reach, then you're probably going to have a tough time finding a ticket within your means the day before or day of. My opinion is -- find the people that are undervaluing their tickets right now and grab them. I firmly believe that come mid to late December, tickets are going to be priced higher than many are right now. There's a huge New York/New Jersey market that hasn't even had the idea of the Winter Classic cross their minds yet. When it does, it's going to be tough to find seats. There is a chance you'll be able to score a $79 ticket for $250-$300 day of, but I wouldn't even bother. You might as well try to get a ticket with the best view of the scoreboard at that point. You're not going to see a damn thing. I was at Fenway for the Classic and was fortunate enough to find seats on the Monster. My two friends decided they wanted to be two rows from the field -- stood for three hours and didn't see the puck once.

• 2 weeks later...