Jump to content

Game 68: Leafs at Flyers; 4/2/22 @ 7 PM, NBCSP


Howie58
 Share

Recommended Posts

The Leafs are fairly heavy favorites (-260).  This is a matchup between the best and worst powerplays in the league, with the PK nearly the same:

 

https://www.nhl.com/gamecenter/tor-vs-phi/2022/04/02/2021021093

 

The audition continues, with Attard joining Cates.  I haven't seen any lineups.  Laughton is still out with concussion.

 

 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

50 minutes ago, Howie58 said:

The Leafs are fairly heavy favorites (-260).  This is a matchup between the best and worst powerplays in the league, with the PK nearly the same:

 

https://www.nhl.com/gamecenter/tor-vs-phi/2022/04/02/2021021093

 

The audition continues, with Attard joining Cates.  I haven't seen any lineups.  Laughton is still out with concussion.

 

 

 

I must admit I may try and tune in I want to see how the new additions look.

 

Feels like the changing of the guards.

  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

So Willman and Sandström have been returned to LV.

 

 

We all know Yandle is going to play and they have to let him give Attard PTSD in his very first game. They wanted to see him under stress early and often to see if he cracks...poor kid.

  • Uggh... 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

5 minutes ago, flyercanuck said:

 

 

Is this a f***ing joke? It's a f***ing joke, right? Nobody is stupid enough to......ahhh f***!!!!

 

Good one.

 

HAHA I was worried this was going to cause you a trip to the hospital.

 

I know how you feel FD got me with it and I'm at work and I immediately stopped waht I was doing to check everywhere to see if it was announced. I almost had a cardiac episode.

 

April fools.

  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

39 minutes ago, OccamsRazor said:

 

HAHA I was worried this was going to cause you a trip to the hospital.

 

 

 As bad as it would have been, I've survived worse. Like Fletcher coming in as GM...the signing of Hayes...the Ristolainen trade...the Ristolainen extension. 

  • Good Post 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 hour ago, flyercanuck said:

 

 As bad as it would have been, I've survived worse. Like Fletcher coming in as GM...the signing of Hayes...the Ristolainen trade...the Ristolainen extension. 

 

Wow you are tested vet.

 

 

Your skin is thick. 

 

Ukraine may need you...

 

:BrownBag:

Edited by OccamsRazor
Stock up on bourbon!!!
  • Haha 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

It's a sad comment on the season that the end of Yandle's streak will mean more than the game's outcome.  He is -39 on the season.  The experiment didn't pan out.  Bill Zito and Florida had a method to their madness when he was bought out.  If we are lucky, CF will do the same for JVR.  

  • Like 1
  • Good Post 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

2 hours ago, Howie58 said:

Bill Zito and Florida had a method to their madness when he was bought out. 

 

Absolutely. You get bought out you basically have a sign around your neck saying "Reject." It may be for contractual reasons but usually it's because the guy is no longer effective in any roster spot.

 

But along comes Fletcher who thinks, "Hey great an inexpensive 7th to have around, just in case..." Except if that was true Yandle never would've been bought out in the first f&*^ng place.

  • Like 2
Link to comment
Share on other sites

18 minutes ago, OccamsRazor said:

Can they just scratch JVR for the rest of the season it is not good to have him rubbing off and tainting the young Tippett.

 

Just sit JVR and try to trade him or buy him out IDGAF which one but get him out that sweater....

I don't know about scratch but buyout is high probability.

  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

I only saw a part of the post-game with Taryn and Al before Center Ice pulled the plug, but Morganti said it upfront--the team with high-end talent showed who's boss.  We played one of the best first periods of the season and actually scored first.  The shortie killed any momentum.  Wayne Simmonds scoring and dueling....yeah.  Yes, the season is mercifully ending for this squad and fans. 

  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 hour ago, GratefulFlyers said:

 

Absolutely. You get bought out you basically have a sign around your neck saying "Reject." It may be for contractual reasons but usually it's because the guy is no longer effective in any roster spot.

 

But along comes Fletcher who thinks, "Hey great an inexpensive 7th to have around, just in case..." Except if that was true Yandle never would've been bought out in the first f&*^ng place.

 

I wonder if Fletcher buys out JVR next year, and then is stupid enough to re-sign him cause he's just the kind of player Fletcher wants longterm.

  • Like 1
  • Haha 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

Hart wasn’t at his best no doubt but I hold off on blaming him for the lopsided loss. He was under absolute siege almost the entire 60. The Flyers played so loosely on D allowing them to come in waves…
 

One good thing to see was Provorov’s poise and energy. He turned in another real clean game, mistake-free, and picked up some points along the way. 
 

Back to Hart. Frankly Hart is the one who should be pissed off at his teammates not the other way around. The forwards leaving D-man stranded time after time, TO after TO…thatshit starts to wear on you when you’re working between the pipes. He wasn’t at his best but I’m not sure anyone could’ve “held the fort” tonight against Marner and Matthews skating rings around the Flyers. It was like watching the hockey version of the Globetrotters.

 

BTW we sure drew the short end of the stick on the Giroux trade. I realize Tippet wasn’t advertised as a top line forward, more of a potential top 6 and that’s fine. But I hope this was the low-water mark in his game tonight bc he truly stunk it up out there. 

 

Frost looked better again, much more assertive and faster decisions on both sides of the ice. Good to see.

  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.
Note: Your post will require moderator approval before it will be visible.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

 Share

×
×
  • Create New...