Game 68: Leafs at Flyers; 4/2/22 @ 7 PM, NBCSP

Howie58

@FireDillabaugh Yeah I overreacted a bit with the "under siege all night" comment. Hart wasn't sharp and if he snags those first 2 shots maybe things turn out differently. But it's not "an excuse" to say the Team D was rotten for much of the night and all of the 3rd. The Flyers didn't collapse and it was far from their worse effort energy-wise. But defensively they just couldn't begin to contain the top dogs for the Leafs. That was really my only point..sometimes I'm a long-winded bastard.

1 hour ago, Digityman said:

Attard -4 in 15 mins of ice time.   What a bust.  Bum.  

For sure. Seen enough of that guy. Maybe that's harsh but it's a tough business and he got a fair shake.

In all seriousness I like his size and his intelligence came through in the intermission interview. RH shot, 6'4" 210lbs, maybe I got Myers back after all...hope he fares better than Philippe has so far.

I was watching the NCAA hoops I saw about two shifts from Attard.

During the intermission of the Final 4 games

A team would have to beat Villanova.  They weren't going to choke, quit or beat themselves. Villanova might be the best team in the city.

Kansas played the game they needed to to win. 

UNC v Duke was better than advertised. Well played and that game was won, not lost.

It appears I chose wisely with my sports viewing choice. 

• Haha 1

10 hours ago, GratefulFlyers said:

But I hope this was the low-water mark in his game tonight bc he truly stunk it up out there. 

I can imagine having a wingman like JVR ever making me happy i want some help out there plus you have a young center like York trying to figure things out as well maybe too hard gripping the ol stick to much.

But having a winger on your other side who will not get his nose dirty is never a good thing with puck possession.

Because you have to have help getting it back and locking down your defensive responsibility and that means more than just throwing a lazy stick up to tap on a arm instead of moving your goddamn feet.

Get him the fcuk out of here...

4 hours ago, mojo1917 said:

I was watching the NCAA hoops I saw about two shifts from Attard.

This is crucial for this kid to start making some big strides if he does it will be beneficial for the club.

He need to get stronger this offseason but seems he is making progress. Next season is huge.

• Like 1

Last night is a tough one bc the first 2 were bad goals. Hart normally stops both. Who knows how that would’ve changed things if he had? The Flyers were competing well and it was anyone’s game till midway thru the 3rd. But that’s when Marner, Matthews, Nylander all turned it up a few notches and the Flyers’ D had no answers. In a word they got dissected. 

I won’t pretend Hart was good enough but I’m not sure even Bernie’s A-game would’ve held off those wizards in the 3rd. The Leafs may lose in R1 bc they can’t defend but they also have a legit shot at the Final bc they can sure score goals.

12 hours ago, FireDillabaugh said:

The Engvall shortie was more poor positioning and awful glove hand technique(poor coaching). 

maybe I'm sentimental for goaltenders but I never blame them on breakaways. 1 on 1 is a 50-50 proposition. If the shooter scores good for him - if the goalie stops it good for him. I put zero weight to breakaways when evaluating a goalie.

with the caveat that if he never stops them...okay then Houston we may have a problem. But that doesn't apply to Hart.

• Like 2