Trade Winds?

Guest AndyS

Really hoping that Selanne remains with the Ducks.

They are really playing well right now. Might not be enough to make the playoffs, but they have a chance.

I'd hate to see them blow it up now, when they have such a solid team for the future.

I think it would be more likely that the ducks would be buyers and not sellers at the trade deadline...after their coaching change they have been on a pretty strong run. Welcome aboard Andy. I think you will like this board much better than the silly.com.

I think it would be more likely that the ducks would be buyers and not sellers at the trade deadline...after their coaching change they have been on a pretty strong run. Welcome aboard Andy. I think you will like this board much better than the silly.com.

I agree. The are only 5 points out of the 8th spot right now.

And Hiller is finally back to his old self.

Ths forum is way nicer than the old Philly.com one.

@AndyS

I agree, the Ducks have a real chance of making the playoffs. The 7-8 seeds can easily be up for grabs, Colorado, Minnesota, Phoenix are all teams which are inconsistent.

Not only is Hiller is back to playing well, but Perry, Getzlaf and Ryan as well.

@hf101,@AndyS-

Hf- I would not be so down on Phoenix. They are playing some very good hockey of late (8-1-1 in last 10). If Anaheim had not tanked the first third of the year, they would be right there. Anaheim if playing very good hockey as well. It is going to come down to LA, Calgary and Anaheim for that 8th spot. I don't see the Avs or Minnesota doing much of anything. Phoenix will get 7th or 6th. Tippet is continuing to do a great job there.

@Vanflyer

Fair point, and your right Phoenix has been doing well of late, but I still don't really see this team as playoff material. As the other teams ramp up their game in the coming weeks, I'm not sure Phoenix has the means to keep up. But we will see.

I still don't really see this team as playoff material.

I dunno @hf101, seems to me one of the things they most needed in their last few playoff rounds (vs DET) was a goalie that raised his game and gave them a chance to win. Who was their goalie again?

In fact, the more I think about it, the more I like PHX's chances of not only making the playoffs but surprising.

I dunno @hf101, seems to me one of the things they most needed in their last few playoff rounds (vs DET) was a goalie that raised his game and gave them a chance to win. Who was their goalie again?

In fact, the more I think about it, the more I like PHX's chances of not only making the playoffs but surprising.

And that is the reason I didn't like the Bryz signing before I heard how stupid the term was and how ridiculous the amount. When I heard about the contract I went from dislike to despise. Then when his pathetic game came into play, I went from despise to where I sit now.

@Podein25

Hanzal could be a big factor I guess, he went down with a lower body injury in the Sat game. They play a defensive style with balanced scoring and that usually is good, however I think as other teams in the west improve their game down the stretch will Phoenix has enough scoring power to keep up?

@hf101 @Podein25

The Ducks have a better chance of making the playoffs than the 'Yotes. @hf101 is right. They've been the most consistent team of late and they're making a real push. It's all starting to come together. However, this smacks of the New Jersey Devils from last year. They won't do well in the playoffs if they run out of gas just getting in.

@hf101 @Podein25

The Ducks have a better chance of making the playoffs than the 'Yotes. @hf101 is right. They've been the most consistent team of late and they're making a real push. It's all starting to come together. However, this smacks of the New Jersey Devils from last year. They won't do well in the playoffs if they run out of gas just getting in.

I think the Ducks are a much better team than the Devils of last season.

And they are a much better team than their record suggests.

If Hiller keeps playing like this, they will be one scary playoff team.

Yep Pods, I'm completely WRONG on this one. Smith just won his 10th win this month.

-----and Holmgren could have and should have signed Smith.