Pavel Kubina has been traded to Philadelphia for a 2nd and a 5th

Guest brelic

We have great young talent that are proving their worth now. AND, I'll bet Nash has us high on his list(thanks cartsy!).

But, CBJ apparently wants JVR, bob, and schenn or coots. For that... No thank you.

It takes something to get something, but I hear you. I have a hard time giving up any of those four guys. Do you think there will be another move?

• Replies 118
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

My thoughts exactly.

Trade JVR for Jack Johnson

Trade Carle for picks

Roll with

Hartnell-Giroux-Jagr

Read-Briere-Voracek

Talbot-Schenn-Simonds

Rinaldo-Couturier-Wellwood

Kubina-Johnson

Timonen-Coburn

Meszaros-Grossman

Bryzgalov

Bobrovsky

That actually looks pretty dang solid on paper.

I would try the Czechs paired together first.

Kubina is a right handed shot he a Mezz.

And Grossman and Carle /Johnson.

Thanks Brel - great feed, interesting discussion. CBJ wants 4 players - 4 players for Nash - roster, 2 high prospects and a pick. Give up all that for a player we don't need.

Come on, why on Earth are we even talking about this?

Canoli, I agree in principle. But if Mason is on the table, and the Jackets are pushing Philly hard for the trade as has been reported, I look at it. Maybe there's a way to take Nash and Mason, then flip Nash, and get rid of Bryz's contract. Mason can't be worse than we're getting right now, he's a lower cap hit, and he's a free agent after next season. I don't think the Flyers gut the team to bring in a scoring winger when scoring isn't what they need.

All of this trade talk and speculation is pretty exciting. I won't lie. If we had to give up one of Couturier or Schenn, I'd give up Schenn, although I'm completely in favor of keeping both. I really like what I'm seeing from them. However, it's Rick freaking Nash we're talking about here. Easily one of the best players in the NHL who has been stuck with a bad club his entire career. I would be in favor of bring Nash in here. We'll have to give up something good but it's Nash. I could see us aquiring Nash and flipping him for somebody else though.

My question is, how is Steve Mason? I know he was great in his rookie year with 7 shutouts but hasn't been very good since then. Is that him being part of a bad team or does he give up the weak goals like Bryz and sometimes Bob do?

Canoli, I agree in principle. But if Mason is on the table, and the Jackets are pushing Philly hard for the trade as has been reported, I look at it. Maybe there's a way to take Nash and Mason, then flip Nash, and get rid of Bryz's contract. Mason can't be worse than we're getting right now, he's a lower cap hit, and he's a free agent after next season. I don't think the Flyers gut the team to bring in a scoring winger when scoring isn't what they need.

Hell right now, from his comments"in his soul???WTF? it would be worth getting rid of Bryz;s contract for it all...

Hell right now, from his comments"in his soul???WTF? it would be worth getting rid of Bryz;s contract for it all...

I feel like I proposed a trade with Carter and Mason for Bryz and Schenn....

All of this trade talk and speculation is pretty exciting. I won't lie. If we had to give up one of Couturier or Schenn, I'd give up Schenn, although I'm completely in favor of keeping both. I really like what I'm seeing from them. However, it's Rick freaking Nash we're talking about here. Easily one of the best players in the NHL who has been stuck with a bad club his entire career. I would be in favor of bring Nash in here. We'll have to give up something good but it's Nash. I could see us aquiring Nash and flipping him for somebody else though.

My question is, how is Steve Mason? I know he was great in his rookie year with 7 shutouts but hasn't been very good since then. Is that him being part of a bad team or does he give up the weak goals like Bryz and sometimes Bob do?

Nash has a NMC that I believe travels with him. We can't just turn him over.

Steve mason sucks, but probably no more than bryz... And he's much cheaper and clear after next season.

Nash has a NMC that I believe travels with him. We can't just turn him over.

Steve mason sucks, but probably no more than bryz... And he's much cheaper and clear after next season.

So you don't think Mason could be like Elliot and become great playing on a better team? And maybe Nash will be involved in a 3-way trade? I don't know. How many years left does Nash have on his contract?

So you don't think Mason could be like Elliot and become great playing on a better team? And maybe Nash will be involved in a 3-way trade? I don't know. How many years left does Nash have on his contract?

Nash signed till 2018.... Same as JVR interestingly. Mason? Who knows... Sure a change of venue couldn't hurt him...

I don't know ... the whole thing is so preposterous (which is prob why it'll happen). I still don't think it's worth it - even to get rid of Bryzgalov - giving up the likes of Schenn, Couturier, Read (2 of them) plus JVR (I guess) plus one of our few remaining picks... I love the idea of losing Bryz, starting Bob, etc. but that's a whole lot of moving-and-shaking just to get rid of 1 player...it'll be a completely different team by the time we're done swapping around pieces, filling the hole in net (Bob will need a backup, can't be Leighton).

Ugh things would've been so much easier if Homer and Ed would've listened to me last summer :) Bob and Bouch would be having an excellent year right now in net... Of course I can't prove it - I just feel it. We fkd up bad, and the way things go for the Flyers in net, it's guaranteed the guy they demoted and the guy they cut loose would be carrying the team to the SCF this year.)