Pavel Kubina has been traded to Philadelphia for a 2nd and a 5th

Guest brelic

@AJgoal-

Interesting about the tier thing and when nmc / ntc initiates in a contract. What I wonder is can a contract be renegotiated? Carter obviously signed his contract under the premise that he would be playing the majority of his career in Philly. I am sure he (and Columbus) would like to see a different contract (maybe same money, much shorter years and no NMC / NTC- or at least limited to 5-7 teams of players choice like the Kubina deal).

• Replies 118
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Pending league approval.. Flyers must be getting close to 50 contracts, no?

@Real_ESPNLebrun

Hearing for 2 draft picks "@DarrenDreger: Pending league approval, Pavel Kubina has been traded to Philadelphia."

Kubina's cap hit is $3.85M and he's a UFA after this season.

I think this is a great trade for the Flyers, a vet dman was a must have right now..

Bryz's contract isn't an over 35 - the flyers locked themselves into it with the NMC.

Right but neither is DiPietro's. He was 25 when he signed his 15 year deal. Bryz's contract (rather than Pronger's) is more similar to DiPietro's.

So far Kubina is saying the right stuff, happy to be here etc... i remember him as being a decent player, always in the way, so hopefully between him and Grossman we'll get things to where Bryz is only seeing 11 shots a game that way we have a chance to win.

Right but neither is DiPietro's. He was 25 when he signed his 15 year deal. Bryz's contract (rather than Pronger's) is more similar to DiPietro's.

DiPietro has no NMC/NTC - the Isles could get rid of him if they wanted. The Flyers can't do anything that Bryz doesn't approve.

The Isles signed DiPietro to be "the face" of the franchise with that deal. As a result, they are reluctant to pull the trigger on the end.

DiPietro's problem is also injury - not bad play (necessarily). Bryzgalov's is not injury-based (that we know of...). Pronger's is injury-based.

Respectfully, I fail to see the relationship between the DiPietro and Bryzgalov deals.

(a side note: I see the Isles still have Yashin on their cap at $2.2M through 14-15... yowza).

DiPietro's problem is also injury - not bad play (necessarily). Bryzgalov's is not injury-based (that we know of...). Pronger's is injury-based.

Respectfully, I fail to see the relationship between the DiPietro and Bryzgalov deals.

yeah, DiPietro's deal only looks bad now that he's hurt all the time. The deal was a stunner at the time but nobody was questioning if he was worth it from a talent standpoint.