Game 70: Blue Jackets at Flyers; 4/5/22 @ 7 PM, NBCSP

Howie58

The bookies are split.  We are favored (-125) but computer predictions show a 4-2 CBJ win.  It looks like Hart versus Merzlikins. Columbus is not a good road team, but they do well against sub .500 clubs.  We are on a two game streak scoring the first goal.  Can we make three?  Meanwhile, tickets are selling for as low as $11; lower bowl seats at $32-$40.  That speaks volumes. 

WTF is Oskar on the 4th and JVR on the 2nd???

FLYERS

25 James van Riemsdyk - 13 Kevin Hayes - 74 Owen Tippett
86 Joel Farabee - 48 Morgan Frost - 89 Cam Atkinson
49 Noah Cates - 21 Scott Laughton - 11 Travis Konecny
23 Oskar Lindblom - 44 Nate Thompson - 38 Patrick Brown

9 Ivan Provorov - 45 Cam York
6 Travis Sanheim - 70 Rasmus Ristolainen
3 Keith Yandle - 47 Ronnie Attard

79 Carter Hart
[35 Martin Jones]

Scratches:42 Hayden Hodgson (healthy), 8 Kevin Connauton (healthy), 24 Nick Seeler (lower-body injury), 17 Zack MacEwen (head).

Hell no Oskar is part of the future and needs to be playing those minutes let JVR float on the 3rd.

He should not be part of their future next season. Unless they are planning on keeping him for a deadline deal i'm tired of that dude.

Oskar Hayes and Tippett is a better combo.

TK down on the 3rd wow. I see him as a Anaheim Duck next year.

Maybe Oskar is okay with 4th line minutes for now. Maybe. It seems like it’s been a long time but he’s really still just coming back. Getting up to full speed, endurance, battling for pucks, handling the puck and shooting with confidence etc…None of it is at the level it was before his diagnosis. He’s getting better every week you can see that, but I guess ups and downs are to be expected for a long time. So just guessing but maybe for now 4th line minutes are better for him.

edit: finally get to see Jake weave his way up ice, take on 3 defenders as usual. Except tonight, if the Flyers keep playing D as if it’s an exercise in skating backwards, he’ll be zipping right through them. I know he was loathed around here but I always liked him on the ice and off. His interviews with the Philly press are some great stuff.

Edited by GratefulFlyers

That is why i wanted Felix Sandstrom up. Hart has no reason to feel threatened for his job.

Martin Jones is a journeyman backup from here till he hangs them up.

Sandstrom is 25. Iron sharpens iron. But he is in the AHL makes no sense.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, FireDillabaugh said:

It's just bad technique by bad technique by bad technique for Carter.  It has to stop.  He's a better goaltender than this.  But, he's just not getting the coaching he needs to shine.  And you're right, having a joke like Jones is no threat for him losing the starting job.

All i know is i kept hearing how he compares to Carey Price and well Price played on some bad Montreal teams and stole a number of games....when is the last time Carter Hart stole a game for the team in front of him??

Need to start seeing someone trying to put the team on his back and well i just don't see it at times.

• Good Post 1

6 hours ago, flyercanuck said:

Hey, he can start a new ironman streak and carry us to 1st pick overall next season!

While chasing the record for worst single season plus minus on record...

... -82 is very doable by Yandle.

Not even sure what the worse season on record is.

Tell Chuck we approve...

Flyers looked like a team that’s on the same page for the most part and that is certainly an improvement to where they’ve been most of the season. Hart did not play particularly well and a loose rebound that he should’ve had resulted in the go-ahead goal, 3-2 in the 3rd.

But from another perspective this was the best outcome for the Flyers. The last thing they need now is points, so this loss inches them closer to slightly better odds, a few percentage points, in the race for the top pick.