It is really looking like Pronger is done

Guest terp

this would be scary for anyone, i hope he can recover to the point where he can enjoy his kids and their endeavors. I think at 38 (next season) there is no point to trying to continue playing, there's really nothing left to accomplish.

i was skeptical of the trade when i saw what all we gave up, but in that 1.5 years of healthy play i can see why holmgren made the move, he was a special player.

saddend by this news.

I hope Pronger chooses to see things as that he is not messing with his immediate life but his long term life in he quest to recover from these concussions.

My thoughts are that the Flyers need to start signing some of the Phantoms that they never intend to call up to AHL only contracts. If the need does arise that they really do need that player then sign him to a NHL contract example Kris Kolanos with the Flames. Remember this guy? He got a shot this year and is currently on the Flames roster. Until the Flames needed him he was on an AHL only on the Heat. Played in the AHL all star game. Has really proven himself this year as being worthy for a spot. I feel if the Flyers did more of this approach that they would one have contract numbers space and two encourage players to work to get to that next level. Just a thought.

Very clever and outside the box thinking. Unfortunately, I think anyone on AHL-only deals can be signed by any NHL club at any point in time. Higher risk of losing players for nothing.

Yes that is true and they would have to clear waivers to join the team as well so anyone could claim them then also. I am not looking at making the whole Phantoms roster be this way just maybe 5 or 6 contracts that you already know you do not plan to call up like Dan Jancevski

My thoughts are that the Flyers need to start signing some of the Phantoms that they never intend to call up to AHL only contracts.

The Phantoms attempted to plug the hole left by the weekend trade of Jon Kalinski by adding a familiar face on Tuesday. They signed Trenton forward Rob Bordson to an AHL contract.

Bordson played 61 games with the Phantoms last season after being acquired in as part of the Pat Maroon/Danny Syvret trade. Bordson had 21 points with the Phantoms and was not re-signed at the end of the season.

This season, Bordson led Trenton with 17 goals and 34 points in 38 games. He had 19 points in his last 10 ECHL games. Bordson also played eight games on a professional tryout contract with Rochester and didn't record a point.

Bordson is a hard-nosed, defensive center who is strong on the penalty kill. Sound like anyone else we know? Joe Paterson used him in many different ways last season, from centering the fourth line, to an occasional winger spot on the top line.

http://poststar.com/blogs/phantoms_forum/

From NHL.com - Pronger should talk to Preems. He's been through it. I wonder why he hasn't already.

Chris Pronger, the Flyers captain, hasn't played since November, and won't return this season due to serious concussion issues.

Chris Pronger's wife, Lauren Pronger, said there's been little change in the condition of her husband. (Photo: Getty Images)

"Unfortunately, I can't report any major improvement," Lauren Pronger, a co-chairperson for the team's annual charity event, told reporters Sunday. "I certainly wish I could. It's very disheartening."

Pronger's issues kept him away from the Carnival, a staple in Philadelphia that annually raises millions of dollars for Philadelphia-area charities and allows fans to meet and take pictures with current and former players.

Lauren Pronger refused to get specific about Chris' issues, only saying, "He is not himself and it's not in a good way."

She added her family soon might reach out to former Flyers captain Keith Primeau, who had his career ended in 2006 due to concussion problems.

"That has been brought up a lot lately," she said. "There are a lot of parallels between the two. I think Chris is starting to realize now that he should be in communication with him, to know what is ahead for him. The more insight you can get, the better off you are. You kind of know what to expect and what you are going through.

"Obviously, there will be differences but if you have someone who has been through it, maybe that is a little comforting."

"I think this is very, very frightening for Chris," Lauren Pronger said. "He's been able to battle through so much and come out of it, but this is different for him. This is really tough on Chris. He wants to be out here more than anyone. This is his life, this is his passion. And this is tough