bad case of the Blues

Guest yave1964

As a wings fan, good to see the blues lay an egg today. Chicago is desperate to right the ship, a win for them meant the world and they played like a desperate team. I was looking at the schedule, the blues have only 8 home games compared to 23 on the road down the stretch, at home they rival the wings. On the road they rival the Jackets. I see the blues as a solid number four seed that nobody wants to face in the first round.....

at home they rival the wings. On the road they rival the Jackets. I see the blues as a solid number four seed that nobody wants to face in the first round.....

There's no better time to evict the phantoms of the road woes than now. Let home be home. Figure out the solution to the road games, and they'll be fresh for the playoffs. A dangerous number 4 seed is right, maybe 5, but I'd be willing to bet they'll advance to the second round no matter what. Unless the whole thing collapses and they end up in seventh of eights.

By the way, yave, you stay up WAY too late.............. :P

@OzFlyer-

Well, it did win hitch one cup (courtesy of a brett hull kick in). The road record is an interesting thing. Yet they are only 3 games under .500 on the road. If not for the Wings incredible home string this season THE story would be the Blues at home. The Blues can STILL challenge for the division title (and Presidents trophy). IF they were to overtake the Wings for that then how can you not love their chances when their home record winning percentage is .833? While their offence is no juggernaut, they have allowed the second fewest goals in the league (by one goal- Rangers are #1).

So, whether or not the "system" is a SC winning system or not, they surely will be a tough nut to crack come the playoffs- no matter where they are seeded.

At this juncture, Hitch has to be at the head of the pack for the Jack Adams award.

They playoffs are a completely different story. This crew has done well today date, only because Hitch came riding in. Now they've all come together. They'll be in Playoffs for sure....that's a given. And they'll probably have home ice advantage for at least the first round. After that, I think it will just depend on the matchup, not the home/road schedule.

• 3 weeks later...