Jump to content

2022 NHL entry draft


Recommended Posts

Well looking around and didn't see a thread for this upcoming draft and thought why not get one going.

 

This years draft might not be so bad to land the 2nd or 3rd pick might be less pressure to take the guys left.

 

Shane Wright supposedly the #1 over all but the guy some have going 4th could be a steal...

 

 

 

 

 

Picking a great time to make it hard on the scouts....something about this draft reminds me of the Hischier/Nolan Patrick draft.

 

Dallas and Colorado came out smelling like roses with their 3rd and 4th picks.

 

Who ever gets to select between consensus Slafkovsky or Nemec might be in the same boat as in 2017.

 

If it goes Wright then Cooley....but you never know what could change between now and then.

 

Anyone have any more info to share i'd love to hear. I really really hope the Flyers don't trade their 1st this season.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

14 minutes ago, OccamsRazor said:

Wow.

 

So crickets on this thread.

 

Ok.

 

 Hard to get excited when you realize the legendary ship you're on has hit an iceberg named Fletcher and is sinking fast. At least the draft is the one thing we can't confirm he's blown at this point. 

  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

12 minutes ago, flyercanuck said:

 

 Hard to get excited when you realize the legendary ship you're on has hit an iceberg named Fletcher and is sinking fast. At least the draft is the one thing we can't confirm he's blown at this point. 

 

Just wanted to know how good the draft pick will before Chuckles trade it for Nathan Horton at the draft...

 

:beer:

Link to comment
Share on other sites

28 minutes ago, OccamsRazor said:

 

Just wanted to know how good the draft pick will before Chuckles trade it for Nathan Horton at the draft...

 

:beer:

 

Please....don't give him any ideas.  

(Checks birthplace....Dunnville Ontario)

We're safe !

  • Haha 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

The team badly needs a pure scorer.  Matt Savoie fits that role, and can help this team's center position soon.

 

But, with Chuck in charge, it won't be something that can help this team.

  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

3 hours ago, jammer2 said:

Hoping for Cooley. He should go 4th. Seattle would have to win a few games for the Flyers to sneak into the top 3...not counting the lottery of course. 

Alot of so called experts are saying Seattle will pick Nemic, so you gotta figure Wright and Cooley will probably be the first two picked.So we would decide on Savoie or Slafovsky. We cannot afford another JVR or Patrick. If we had picked Makar , we probably would have never traded for Risto and Provorov and Makar would have been an incredible first pair. It just shows you how one decision snowballs into an avalanche of incompetent desperate trades.

Edited by RonJeremy
  • Like 3
Link to comment
Share on other sites

11 hours ago, RonJeremy said:

Alot of so called experts are saying Seattle will pick Nemic, so you gotta figure Wright and Cooley will probably be the first two picked.So we would decide on Savoie or Slafovsky. We cannot afford another JVR or Patrick. If we had picked Makar , we probably would have never traded for Risto and Provorov and Makar would have been an incredible first pair. It just shows you how one decision snowballs into an avalanche of incompetent desperate trades.

I've seen a few mocks where Cooley goes 4th...hard to say how accurate they are.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

The comparisons of Slafovsky to Jagr...? really.

He's got great size already. 

I think I'd be good with Cooley also. 

It's funny how in just 3 years the cupboards went from stuffed with ++ prospects to - jeez I hope these NCAA guys work out.

Not all of that is on Fletcher, the prospects that were being thought of as ++ were Frost, Patrick, Farabee, and O'Brien. Only one has turned out to be considered an impact player, Frost is still finding his NHL comfort level but he's not looking like a "build around me" kind of player. 

The team needs to find dynamic players. Cooley and Slafovsky's reports read like they could be 2 that fit the bill.


Edit: I like the language used in the Cooley write up, "if it wasn't for Shane Wright, Cooley could be the top pick..."

To that I'd like to say, if my aunt had any balls, she'd be my uncle.  

Funny to me, the positive spin on some of these guys.

 

Edited by mojo1917
  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

On 4/18/2022 at 2:09 AM, jammer2 said:

I've seen a few mocks where Cooley goes 4th...hard to say how accurate they are.

Let's just hope we don't get F'd out of the third or fourth pick with this lottery and the Devils steal or guy. I think Wright, Savoie ,Coolie and Slafovsky are hands down the best forwards there and we could really use a center or left wing most of all.  We have a great chance at landing top center , since there are three. So if we drop to fifth or sixth, then I think they might trade down or go defense.

  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

On 4/17/2022 at 1:49 PM, pilldoc said:

I have a thread specific for the Flyers here .....

 

 

Do you know if any of these guys are considered NHL ready where they could actually make it next season. I know Slafovsky played in the Olympics and was the top scorer with 7 goals and has NHL size already. We don't have much  skilled guys with size on the wings, so he is a much needed element .

Edited by RonJeremy
Link to comment
Share on other sites

14 hours ago, RonJeremy said:

Do you know if any of these guys are considered NHL ready where they could actually make it next season. I know Slafovsky played in the Olympics and was the top scorer with 7 goals and has NHL size already. We don't have much  skilled guys with size on the wings, so he is a much needed element .

 

 The need is for high end talent. Rushing anyone into Fletchers sideshow isn't doing them any good. Hopefully he's fired before this pick is on the team.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 hour ago, flyercanuck said:

 

 The need is for high end talent. Rushing anyone into Fletchers sideshow isn't doing them any good. Hopefully he's fired before this pick is on the team.

A great thought but they won't fire him yet. They will hire a permanent coach and only after his aggressive retool is a total flop, then he will get the axe.  I believe a if there is not a complete turn around  with the team next year , then he gets the boot. Other than Atkinson his trades have been flops. His draft picks actually are looking better than Hextalls. 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

4 hours ago, RonJeremy said:

A great thought but they won't fire him yet. They will hire a permanent coach and only after his aggressive retool is a total flop, then he will get the axe.  I believe a if there is not a complete turn around  with the team next year , then he gets the boot. Other than Atkinson his trades have been flops. His draft picks actually are looking better than Hextalls. 

 

 His aggressive retool is already a flop.

 Hextalls draft picks looked better than Fletchers at this stage of their development. They didn't pan out as hoped. Hope is all we have right now with Fletchers. And we better hope he's better at drafting than everything else he does as a GM.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 hour ago, flyercanuck said:

 

 His aggressive retool is already a flop.

 Hextalls draft picks looked better than Fletchers at this stage of their development. They didn't pan out as hoped. Hope is all we have right now with Fletchers. And we better hope he's better at drafting than everything else he does as a GM.

So far Schmucks picks like, Foerester, Brink, Attard and York look like good picks,  i think they are all ahead of schedule in their development. Some of those late picks like Andre, Desoyners and McLennan are putting up impressive numbers.  Hexy made some good picks but they took forever to really develop plus there were injuiries .  Sanheim is really becoming an offensive catalyst. I hope Schmuck doest trade him .If Hexys guys like Frost and O'Brian can break out we will be in better shape.  The aggressive retool hasn't started fully, last year was the semi aggressive retool. This year's retool promises to really put us under . He will sign someone like Kadri ,plus another fossil on defense . He will probably trade TK. We can call it the year of the tool.  I hope some other dumb GM outbids us on these FAs.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

On 4/19/2022 at 11:43 AM, OccamsRazor said:

A look at the odds...

 

FQqazY0WYAUge9k.jpg.6c696fbcc96e9adc3978d5237b387708.jpg

 

 

For those keeping score at home ......

 

image.png.6c226c748284970108dacfbfd4fe26de.png

 

Flyers have a legit shot at finishing 3rd last.  Flyers have 2 games in hand over the Kraken.  I think it will take incredible luck and reach for the Flyers to best the Habs or Yotes for #2 or #1 overall.

 

 

  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

41 minutes ago, RonJeremy said:

So far Schmucks picks like, Foerester, Brink, Attard and York look like good picks,  i think they are all ahead of schedule in their development. 

 

At one time, Konecny was the Flyers leading scorer. Lindblom was the leading goal scorer. Provorov led the entire NHL in goal scoring (tied) for a dman. Patrick was the highest rated junior the year before he was drafted. Frost was dynamite in junior. Allison would be great if he wasn't injured all the time. Ratcliffe was rated as a late 1st rounder we grabbed in the 2nd. A lot of teams were interested in O'Brien. That's 7 that looked pretty good once. There were others too....Sandstrom, Laberge, Rubstov, Vorobyov, NAK, Friedman...

Link to comment
Share on other sites

10 minutes ago, flyercanuck said:

 

At one time, Konecny was the Flyers leading scorer. Lindblom was the leading goal scorer. Provorov led the entire NHL in goal scoring (tied) for a dman. Patrick was the highest rated junior the year before he was drafted. Frost was dynamite in junior. Allison would be great if he wasn't injured all the time. Ratcliffe was rated as a late 1st rounder we grabbed in the 2nd. A lot of teams were interested in O'Brien. That's 7 that looked pretty good once. There were others too....Sandstrom, Laberge, Rubstov, Vorobyov, NAK, Friedman...

Lots of bad luck with injuries. 

  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.
Note: Your post will require moderator approval before it will be visible.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

 Share

×
×
  • Create New...