*** 2022 NHL entry draft, July 7th and 8th - Bell Centre, Montreal ***

OccamsRazor

Well looking around and didn't see a thread for this upcoming draft and thought why not get one going.

This years draft might not be so bad to land the 2nd or 3rd pick might be less pressure to take the guys left.

Shane Wright supposedly the #1 over all but the guy some have going 4th could be a steal...

Picking a great time to make it hard on the scouts....something about this draft reminds me of the Hischier/Nolan Patrick draft.

Dallas and Colorado came out smelling like roses with their 3rd and 4th picks.

Who ever gets to select between consensus Slafkovsky or Nemec might be in the same boat as in 2017.

If it goes Wright then Cooley....but you never know what could change between now and then.

Anyone have any more info to share i'd love to hear. I really really hope the Flyers don't trade their 1st this season.

Edited by TropicalFruitGirl26

Hard to get excited when you realize the legendary ship you're on has hit an iceberg named Fletcher and is sinking fast. At least the draft is the one thing we can't confirm he's blown at this point. 

Edited by TropicalFruitGirl26
  • Like 1

12 minutes ago, flyercanuck said:

Hard to get excited when you realize the legendary ship you're on has hit an iceberg named Fletcher and is sinking fast. At least the draft is the one thing we can't confirm he's blown at this point. 

Just wanted to know how good the draft pick will before Chuckles trade it for Nathan Horton at the draft...

:beer:

28 minutes ago, OccamsRazor said:

Just wanted to know how good the draft pick will before Chuckles trade it for Nathan Horton at the draft...

:beer:

Please....don't give him any ideas.  

(Checks birthplace....Dunnville Ontario)

We're safe !

• Haha 1

3 hours ago, jammer2 said:

Hoping for Cooley. He should go 4th. Seattle would have to win a few games for the Flyers to sneak into the top 3...not counting the lottery of course. 

Alot of so called experts are saying Seattle will pick Nemic, so you gotta figure Wright and Cooley will probably be the first two picked.So we would decide on Savoie or Slafovsky. We cannot afford another JVR or Patrick. If we had picked Makar , we probably would have never traded for Risto and Provorov and Makar would have been an incredible first pair. It just shows you how one decision snowballs into an avalanche of incompetent desperate trades.

Edited by RonJeremy
  • Like 3

11 hours ago, RonJeremy said:

Alot of so called experts are saying Seattle will pick Nemic, so you gotta figure Wright and Cooley will probably be the first two picked.So we would decide on Savoie or Slafovsky. We cannot afford another JVR or Patrick. If we had picked Makar , we probably would have never traded for Risto and Provorov and Makar would have been an incredible first pair. It just shows you how one decision snowballs into an avalanche of incompetent desperate trades.

I've seen a few mocks where Cooley goes 4th...hard to say how accurate they are.

The comparisons of Slafovsky to Jagr...? really.

He's got great size already. 

I think I'd be good with Cooley also. 

It's funny how in just 3 years the cupboards went from stuffed with ++ prospects to - jeez I hope these NCAA guys work out.

Not all of that is on Fletcher, the prospects that were being thought of as ++ were Frost, Patrick, Farabee, and O'Brien. Only one has turned out to be considered an impact player, Frost is still finding his NHL comfort level but he's not looking like a "build around me" kind of player. 

The team needs to find dynamic players. Cooley and Slafovsky's reports read like they could be 2 that fit the bill.

Edit: I like the language used in the Cooley write up, "if it wasn't for Shane Wright, Cooley could be the top pick..."

To that I'd like to say, if my aunt had any balls, she'd be my uncle.  

Funny to me, the positive spin on some of these guys.

Edited by mojo1917
  • Like 1

On 4/18/2022 at 2:09 AM, jammer2 said:

I've seen a few mocks where Cooley goes 4th...hard to say how accurate they are.

Let's just hope we don't get F'd out of the third or fourth pick with this lottery and the Devils steal or guy. I think Wright, Savoie ,Coolie and Slafovsky are hands down the best forwards there and we could really use a center or left wing most of all.  We have a great chance at landing top center , since there are three. So if we drop to fifth or sixth, then I think they might trade down or go defense.

• Like 1

On 4/17/2022 at 1:49 PM, pilldoc said:

I have a thread specific for the Flyers here .....

Do you know if any of these guys are considered NHL ready where they could actually make it next season. I know Slafovsky played in the Olympics and was the top scorer with 7 goals and has NHL size already. We don't have much  skilled guys with size on the wings, so he is a much needed element .

Edited by RonJeremy

14 hours ago, RonJeremy said:

Do you know if any of these guys are considered NHL ready where they could actually make it next season. I know Slafovsky played in the Olympics and was the top scorer with 7 goals and has NHL size already. We don't have much  skilled guys with size on the wings, so he is a much needed element .

The need is for high end talent. Rushing anyone into Fletchers sideshow isn't doing them any good. Hopefully he's fired before this pick is on the team.

1 hour ago, flyercanuck said:

The need is for high end talent. Rushing anyone into Fletchers sideshow isn't doing them any good. Hopefully he's fired before this pick is on the team.

A great thought but they won't fire him yet. They will hire a permanent coach and only after his aggressive retool is a total flop, then he will get the axe.  I believe a if there is not a complete turn around  with the team next year , then he gets the boot. Other than Atkinson his trades have been flops. His draft picks actually are looking better than Hextalls. 

4 hours ago, RonJeremy said:

A great thought but they won't fire him yet. They will hire a permanent coach and only after his aggressive retool is a total flop, then he will get the axe.  I believe a if there is not a complete turn around  with the team next year , then he gets the boot. Other than Atkinson his trades have been flops. His draft picks actually are looking better than Hextalls. 

His aggressive retool is already a flop.

Hextalls draft picks looked better than Fletchers at this stage of their development. They didn't pan out as hoped. Hope is all we have right now with Fletchers. And we better hope he's better at drafting than everything else he does as a GM.

His aggressive retool is already a flop.

Hextalls draft picks looked better than Fletchers at this stage of their development. They didn't pan out as hoped. Hope is all we have right now with Fletchers. And we better hope he's better at drafting than everything else he does as a GM.

So far Schmucks picks like, Foerester, Brink, Attard and York look like good picks,  i think they are all ahead of schedule in their development. Some of those late picks like Andre, Desoyners and McLennan are putting up impressive numbers.  Hexy made some good picks but they took forever to really develop plus there were injuiries .  Sanheim is really becoming an offensive catalyst. I hope Schmuck doest trade him .If Hexys guys like Frost and O'Brian can break out we will be in better shape.  The aggressive retool hasn't started fully, last year was the semi aggressive retool. This year's retool promises to really put us under . He will sign someone like Kadri ,plus another fossil on defense . He will probably trade TK. We can call it the year of the tool.  I hope some other dumb GM outbids us on these FAs.

On 4/19/2022 at 11:43 AM, OccamsRazor said:

A look at the odds...

FQqazY0WYAUge9k.jpg.6c696fbcc96e9adc3978d5237b387708.jpg

For those keeping score at home ......

image.png.6c226c748284970108dacfbfd4fe26de.png

Flyers have a legit shot at finishing 3rd last.  Flyers have 2 games in hand over the Kraken.  I think it will take incredible luck and reach for the Flyers to best the Habs or Yotes for #2 or #1 overall.

• Like 1

41 minutes ago, RonJeremy said:

So far Schmucks picks like, Foerester, Brink, Attard and York look like good picks,  i think they are all ahead of schedule in their development. 

At one time, Konecny was the Flyers leading scorer. Lindblom was the leading goal scorer. Provorov led the entire NHL in goal scoring (tied) for a dman. Patrick was the highest rated junior the year before he was drafted. Frost was dynamite in junior. Allison would be great if he wasn't injured all the time. Ratcliffe was rated as a late 1st rounder we grabbed in the 2nd. A lot of teams were interested in O'Brien. That's 7 that looked pretty good once. There were others too....Sandstrom, Laberge, Rubstov, Vorobyov, NAK, Friedman...

10 minutes ago, flyercanuck said:

At one time, Konecny was the Flyers leading scorer. Lindblom was the leading goal scorer. Provorov led the entire NHL in goal scoring (tied) for a dman. Patrick was the highest rated junior the year before he was drafted. Frost was dynamite in junior. Allison would be great if he wasn't injured all the time. Ratcliffe was rated as a late 1st rounder we grabbed in the 2nd. A lot of teams were interested in O'Brien. That's 7 that looked pretty good once. There were others too....Sandstrom, Laberge, Rubstov, Vorobyov, NAK, Friedman...

Lots of bad luck with injuries. 

• Like 1

I'm not disagreeing with your list, but Shmucks picks are showing more  immediate success on an NHL level, like Attard and Brink coming straight from college to the NHL and actually playing solid minutes and playing well. York also making the team ahead of schedule and without alot of time in the AHL.

That's your first, second and third round picks from 2019 all in the NHL already.  Hexy never did that. Hexys picks are taking a longer route to the NHL and taking longer to blossom . TK and Provy both did well, but Provy was the # 7 pick, so thats expected.  Sanheim is finally breaking out this year. know it's not alot of games and our coaching and medical staff can ruin these new guys too.

Plus from the 2020  draft we have Foerester, Wysdom, Andrae, Desoyners and McClennan, all these guys have put up impressive numbers. 

Edited by RonJeremy
  • Good Post 1

5 minutes ago, RonJeremy said:

I'm not disagreeing with your list, but Shmucks picks are showing more  immediate success on an NHL level, like Attard and Brink coming straight from college to the NHL and actually playing solid minutes and playing well. York also making the team ahead of schedule and without alot of time in the AHL.

That's your first, second and third round picks from 2019 all in the NHL already.  Hexy never did that. Hexys picks are taking a longer route to the NHL and taking longer to blossom . TK and Provy both did well, but Provy was the # 7 pick, so thats expected.  Sanheim is finally breaking out this year. know it's not alot of games and our coaching and medical staff can ruin these new guys too.

Attard is 23. Brink is 20. York is 21. 

Farabee is 22, in his 3rd NHL season. Hart is the same age as Attard, but he's our #1 goalie. For 4 years now. Allison puts up good numbers just can't stay healthy. Konecny is 25...he has 6 full years in then NHL. Lindbloms 25 and in his 5th season, was our leading scorer til cancer effed him over. 

Hextall did have Provy, Konecny and Vorobyov in the NHL within 3 years of their draft. Vorobyov didn't pan out. And Provorov and Konecny have been regressing badly since shortly after Fletch took over.