*** 2022 NHL entry draft, July 7th and 8th - Bell Centre, Montreal ***

OccamsRazor

4 minutes ago, flyercanuck said:

Attard is 23. Brink is 20. York is 21. 

Farabee is 22, in his 3rd NHL season. Hart is the same age as Attard, but he's our #1 goalie. For 4 years now. Allison puts up good numbers just can't stay healthy. Konecny is 25...he has 6 full years in then NHL. Lindbloms 25 and in his 5th season, was our leading scorer til cancer effed him over. 

Hextall did have Provy, Konecny and Vorobyov in the NHL within 3 years of their draft. Vorobyov didn't pan out. And Provorov and Konecny have been regressing badly since shortly after Fletch took over.

Well I'm not defending Fletchers picks for coaching staff or his trades,they are horrible. I just think his draft picks have been pretty good. Hexy also mad one big error with his pick for coach too. All around too many mistakes for too many years.

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, RonJeremy said:

Well I'm not defending Fletchers picks for coaching staff or his trades,they are horrible. I just think his draft picks have been pretty good. Hexy also mad one big error with his pick for coach too. All around too many mistakes for too many years.

Chuck picked 8 of the players if not more on the Wild squad headed to the playoffs as well.

4 minutes ago, RonJeremy said:

Ya, and I'm not knocking Fletchers picks...they're clearly the best work he's done with the Flyers (other than his trading away of a bunch) if only because at this point they don't have really bad contracts tied to them. But again, at this point, they don't look any better than Hextalls did at the same stage of their development.

10 minutes ago, OccamsRazor said:

Chuck picked 8 of the players if not more on the Wild squad headed to the playoffs as well.

8 players...in 8 drafts you say?  2 of them are in the Wilds top 10 scorers. It's really not very good drafting at all. Kaprizov was clearly a fluke in the 5th round. Most of the rest are 3rd and 4th liners.

Edited by flyercanuck

8 players...in 8 drafts you say? Incredible. 2 of them are in the Wilds top 10 scorers. It's really not very good drafting at all.

It is still 8 players helping to lead the team to the playoffs and one of them is a Super star.

Just saying and trying to be impartial.

And as far as 8 players go around the league and see how many players were drafted in 8 draft who are on those playoffs teams and get back with me...

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, OccamsRazor said:

It is still 8 players helping to lead the team to the playoffs and one of them is a Super star.

Just saying and trying to be impartial.

And as far as 8 players go around the league and see how many players were drafted in 8 draft who are on those playoffs teams and get back with me...

I'm more impressed with Colorado having 4 of their top 5 scorers homegrown off the top of my head. Or the Leafs. Obviously it's a lot easier to grab 3rd and 4th liners to fill in than top 5 scorers. A big part of Phillys problem is we're not getting those top scorers..or when we do, the Flyers happen to them!

Leafs have 5 top 10 picks, Avs at least 4, they are the cornerstones of their teams. Flyer top 10s are JVR, NP, and Provorov. This may explain some of the dysfunction. You have to hit home runs with top 5 picks. Flyers have failed in this regard. Otherwise, their drafts aren't horrible. 

• Like 2

2 minutes ago, flyer4ever said:

Leafs have 5 top 10 picks, Avs at least 4, they are the cornerstones of their teams. Flyer top 10s are JVR, NP, and Provorov. This may explain some of the dysfunction. You have to hit home runs with top 5 picks. Flyers have failed in this regard. Otherwise, their drafts aren't horrible. 

I guess it helps when you're picking 2nd and there's a Malkin there or a Doughty or a Barkov instead of a JVR or NP.

• Like 2

I guess it helps when you're picking 2nd and there's a Malkin there or a Doughty or a Barkov instead of a JVR or NP.

Isn't it incredible, the gap?! At least NP has excuses, was always injured even as a junior/midget player. But look at what JVR has done just by having long arms!!

54 minutes ago, flyercanuck said:

Attard is 23. Brink is 20. York is 21. 

Farabee is 22, in his 3rd NHL season. Hart is the same age as Attard, but he's our #1 goalie. For 4 years now. Allison puts up good numbers just can't stay healthy. Konecny is 25...he has 6 full years in then NHL. Lindbloms 25 and in his 5th season, was our leading scorer til cancer effed him over. 

Hextall did have Provy, Konecny and Vorobyov in the NHL within 3 years of their draft. Vorobyov didn't pan out. And Provorov and Konecny have been regressing badly since shortly after Fletch took over.

I know we all hate Schmuck, but we have to hope he has a moment of clarity and picks the right player at the draft and that someone talks him out of signing any FAs.

• Like 1

13 minutes ago, flyercanuck said:

I'm more impressed with Colorado having 4 of their top 5 scorers homegrown off the top of my head

That takes sucking for a long time though and keeping the picks too. 

Here i just can't say what who is doing what i feel the field general is very impressionable.

And some luck no one saw Makar being as good as he has been so far.

Luck in this game means a lot see JVR and Patrick call it what you will.

18 minutes ago, flyercanuck said:

Or the Leafs.

I won't even talk about till they have did something. Talk about sucking for a decade.

21 minutes ago, flyercanuck said:

A big part of Phillys problem is we're not getting those top scorers..or when we do, the Flyers happen to them!

This could be an issue too. But they have some scorers coming in this season.

Give it some time right. Both Ron and Chuck struggled when it come to adding free agency.

We are asked not to judge the team with Hextall becuase he didn'get to finish but Chuck isn't allowed the same because we never got to truly see the team he constructed. Injuries covid and all that and well he is garbage.

I still think he was forced to resign Risto. Straight up Homeresque move like with Macdonald.

We'll never know but will this ever change much on this sinking ship hard to say all i know i can't watch this again next season.

6 minutes ago, RonJeremy said:

I know we all hate Schmuck, but we have to hope he has a moment of clarity and picks the right player at the draft and that someone talks him out of signing any FAs.

If he keeps the picks i trust the scouts and Chuck even if he listens to them.

It is Chucks trades and judgement on already established NHL talent.

He leaves so much to be desired there. Shorter deals are ok. Find out what you got before you marry it.

2 minutes ago, OccamsRazor said:

That takes sucking for a long time though and keeping the picks too. 

Here i just can't say what who is doing what i feel the field general is very impressionable.

And some luck no one saw Makar being as good as he has been so far.

Luck in this game means a lot see JVR and Patrick call it what you will.

I won't even talk about till they have did something. Talk about sucking for a decade.

This could be an issue too. But they have some scorers coming in this season.

Give it some time right. Both Ron and Chuck struggled when it come to adding free agency.

We are asked not to judge the team with Hextall becuase he didn'get to finish but Chuck isn't allowed the same because we never got to truly see the team he constructed. Injuries covid and all that and well he is garbage.

I still think he was forced to resign Risto. Straight up Homeresque move like with Macdonald.

We'll never know but will this ever change much on this sinking ship hard to say all i know i can't watch this again next season.

In our system we do have a much better combination of diverse players than in the past. We have small finesse guys, some guys with size and some with good shooting ability, , we have a good goalie. I think we at least have some pieces that can complement each other where we can build the team correctly and have some lines with actual chemistry,  that fit together, a combination of playmaker, size and some finishers.. instead of having a line  for ten years of three guys looking to pass the puck . We just have to develop these guys and hit big in this draft .

• Like 1

12 hours ago, OccamsRazor said:

Find out what you got before you marry it.

The sad thing is he could see what two other teams didn't want in Hayes and signed that for 7 years. Then watched Risto stink in Buffalo for eight years and traded away what you should for a really good player.  Then watched him stink some more in Philly and thought "Oh, ya, he's a keeper!"

I hope he has better taste in women than he does in NHL talent.

Edited by flyercanuck

5 hours ago, flyercanuck said:

The sad thing is he could see what two other teams didn't want in Hayes and signed that for 7 years. Then watched Risto stink in Buffalo for eight years and traded away what you should for a really good player.  Then watched him stink some more in Philly and thought "Oh, ya, he's a keeper!"

I hope he has better taste in women than he does in NHL talent.

So i have to ask.

You think this is single handedly Chuck??

Holmgren is not intervening in any way encouraging or maybe even insisting this is what he should do??

These are all moves Chuck feels is best to build the team in HIS vision??

On 4/17/2022 at 10:28 AM, flyercanuck said:

Please....don't give him any ideas.  

(Checks birthplace....Dunnville Ontario)

We're safe !

Ok nevermind i looked at that wrong, i looked at points like a dumb dumb not games played i was about to say...it is legit then.

:BrownBag:

Edited by OccamsRazor
#boubonup

2 hours ago, OccamsRazor said:

So i have to ask.

You think this is single handedly Chuck??

Holmgren is not intervening in any way encouraging or maybe even insisting this is what he should do??

These are all moves Chuck feels is best to build the team in HIS vision??

No I don't think it's all Chuck. Of course Homer has his hands it as well. But it's also exactly what he did in Minnesota (and what some of us said he'd continue to do here). 

• Like 1

• 3 weeks later...

I just hate seeing Montreal get the first pick.  They sure wanted it in 1970 when Gilbert Perrault is one guy they really wanted.  And he would not have minded playing in Montreal either. For the record.  A coin flip later we got the best player we have ever had and that stands until this day.  Ill put Robert at number 2.  Sorry Rick, Dominick, Ryan, Mogilny, and others.  So who does Montreal get with this pick?  I see my Sabres get 9 and 16.  Not bad I guess.  I wonder if their is anyone they may consider trading up for? Like some goalie?  The Kings and Blues have extra goalie each. Of quality.  I am for the Sabres giving up a number one for a guy like Binnington or Peterson.  But who knows.

On 5/11/2022 at 7:48 AM, Hockey Junkie said:

I just hate seeing Montreal get the first pick.  They sure wanted it in 1970 when Gilbert Perrault is one guy they really wanted.  And he would not have minded playing in Montreal either. For the record.  A coin flip later we got the best player we have ever had and that stands until this day.  Ill put Robert at number 2.  Sorry Rick, Dominick, Ryan, Mogilny, and others.  So who does Montreal get with this pick?  I see my Sabres get 9 and 16.  Not bad I guess.  I wonder if their is anyone they may consider trading up for? Like some goalie?  The Kings and Blues have extra goalie each. Of quality.  I am for the Sabres giving up a number one for a guy like Binnington or Peterson.  But who knows.

What I don't really get is how did the Montreal Canadiens get here to the #1 pick. I know the obvious answer is they had the worst regular season record, but the season before they were one step away from winning the Stanley Cup. They can't really be that horrible. 

They are going to pick Shane Wright, but also the question is will he be ready to go at the very young age of 18 years old? 

3 hours ago, Rat Trick said:

What I don't really get is how did the Montreal Canadiens get here to the #1 pick. I know the obvious answer is they had the worst regular season record, but the season before they were one step away from winning the Stanley Cup. They can't really be that horrible. 

They are going to pick Shane Wright, but also the question is will he be ready to go at the very young age of 18 years old? 

They made the finals when the planets aligned for them and their goalie played out of his head. Then they lost that goalie to some health issues, their #1 defenceman to injury and their #1 C to free agency. 

I don't think Wrights NHL ready(he missed an entire season the year before and was just getting his game back) but worse decisions have been made so he may be up.

• Like 1

7 hours ago, Rat Trick said:

Likely not ready yet and they are bad

It is just extremely bizarre to me that a team unless they totally break up the core group from one year to the next can go from being in the Stanley Cup Finals to being the worst team. 

I figured he would not be ready at just 18 years old, but if the team is so bad as it seems the consensus is saying will the Canadiens push him to make the roster?

10 hours ago, Rat Trick said:

Who gives a #$^$%$(@....i hate Montreal and their fans.

He they sold the farm to get to where they are bravo. Tanked like a seasoned pro.

Also welcome to the board good to have some Panther fans here your next task will be the toughest you'll face all season. I am pulling for you guys and Giroux.

• Thanks 1