Jump to content

Recommended Posts

3 hours ago, Rat Trick said:

What I don't really get is how did the Montreal Canadiens get here to the #1 pick. I know the obvious answer is they had the worst regular season record, but the season before they were one step away from winning the Stanley Cup. They can't really be that horrible. 

 

They are going to pick Shane Wright, but also the question is will he be ready to go at the very young age of 18 years old? 

 

They made the finals when the planets aligned for them and their goalie played out of his head. Then they lost that goalie to some health issues, their #1 defenceman to injury and their #1 C to free agency. 

 

I don't think Wrights NHL ready(he missed an entire season the year before and was just getting his game back) but worse decisions have been made so he may be up.

  • Like 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
  • Replies 66
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Alot of so called experts are saying Seattle will pick Nemic, so you gotta figure Wright and Cooley will probably be the first two picked.So we would decide on Savoie or Slafovsky. We cannot afford another JVR or Patrick. If we had picked Makar , we probably would have never traded for Risto and Provorov and Makar would have been an incredible first pair. It just shows you how one decision snowballs into an avalanche of incompetent desperate trades.

Leafs have 5 top 10 picks, Avs at least 4, they are the cornerstones of their teams. Flyer top 10s are JVR, NP, and Provorov. This may explain some of the dysfunction. You have to hit home runs with top 5 picks. Flyers have failed in this regard. Otherwise, their drafts aren't horrible. 

I guess it helps when you're picking 2nd and there's a Malkin there or a Doughty or a Barkov instead of a JVR or NP.

Posted Images

7 hours ago, Rat Trick said:

What I don't really get is how did the Montreal Canadiens get here to the #1 pick. I know the obvious answer is they had the worst regular season record, but the season before they were one step away from winning the Stanley Cup. They can't really be that horrible. 

 

They are going to pick Shane Wright, but also the question is will he be ready to go at the very young age of 18 years old? 

Likely not ready yet and they are bad

Link to post
Share on other sites

It is just extremely bizarre to me that a team unless they totally break up the core group from one year to the next can go from being in the Stanley Cup Finals to being the worst team. 

 

I figured he would not be ready at just 18 years old, but if the team is so bad as it seems the consensus is saying will the Canadiens push him to make the roster?

Link to post
Share on other sites
10 hours ago, Rat Trick said:

What I don't really get is how did the Montreal Canadiens get here to the #1 pick. I know the obvious answer is they had the worst regular season record, but the season before they were one step away from winning the Stanley Cup. They can't really be that horrible. 

 

They are going to pick Shane Wright, but also the question is will he be ready to go at the very young age of 18 years old? 

 

Who gives a #$^$%$(@....i hate Montreal and their fans.

 

He they sold the farm to get to where they are bravo. Tanked like a seasoned pro.

 

Also welcome to the board good to have some Panther fans here your next task will be the toughest you'll face all season. I am pulling for you guys and Giroux.

  • Thanks 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
7 minutes ago, Rat Trick said:

It is just extremely bizarre to me that a team unless they totally break up the core group from one year to the next can go from being in the Stanley Cup Finals to being the worst team. 

 

Kind of what they did and Price missed the whole year it seem they threw the towel in when that went down and why not when their reward is Shane Harper now. NHL plan worked to a T.

  • Like 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, OccamsRazor said:

 

Who gives a #$^$%$(@....i hate Montreal and their fans.

 

He they sold the farm to get to where they are bravo. Tanked like a seasoned pro.

 

Also welcome to the board good to have some Panther fans here your next task will be the toughest you'll face all season. I am pulling for you guys and Giroux.

Giroux was a great late addition to the club and I think he is going to help the club throughout the remainder of the playoffs. 

  • Like 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
6 minutes ago, OccamsRazor said:

 

Who gives a #$^$%$(@....i hate Montreal and their fans.

 

He they sold the farm to get to where they are bravo. Tanked like a seasoned pro.

 

Also welcome to the board good to have some Panther fans here your next task will be the toughest you'll face all season. I am pulling for you guys and Giroux.

 

Actually, they didn't really sell the farm. They lost their #1 goalie and defenceman to health issues and their 1C to free agency. They were never really a cup contender to start with. More a mediocre bunch who caught lightning in a bottle, then lost the entire backbone of their team. 

Link to post
Share on other sites
Posted (edited)
5 minutes ago, flyercanuck said:

They lost their #1 goalie and defenceman to health issues and their 1C to free agency.

 

They didn't bring Staal and Perry back either. Sold off defenseman and a few more moves too.

 

At this point i can't remember all the moves they made.

 

On top of being saddled with some bad players (Andersen and Hoffman to name a few ) who under achieved didn't help either.

 

And the net was a sieve too which isn't helping...and too much Pitlick at forward.

 

:cheers:

 

 

Edited by OccamsRazor
#Bourbon up
Link to post
Share on other sites
7 minutes ago, OccamsRazor said:

 

They didn't bring Staal and Perry back either. Sold off defenseman and a few more moves too.

 

At this point i can't remember all the moves they made.

 

On top of being saddled with some bad players (Andersen and Hoffman to name a few ) who under achieved didn't help either.

 

And the net was a sieve too which isn't helping...and too much Pitlick at forward.

 

:cheers:

 

 

 

 Funny how some teams management can see the writing on the wall, and some one teams management just lives in a fantasy world. 

  • Like 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, flyercanuck said:

 

 Funny how some teams management can see the writing on the wall, and some one teams management just lives in a fantasy world. 

 

Some times when you tell a lie so much i think you start to believe it and well here we are...i cringe on the thought of what may happen and well i shouldn't feel that way i should be excited...

  • Like 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, OccamsRazor said:

 

Some times when you tell a lie so much i think you start to believe it and well here we are...i cringe on the thought of what may happen and well i shouldn't feel that way i should be excited...

 

 I agree. Normally I'd be a bit bummed the season ended this way, but looking forward to what we could get with a 5th overall (and I am). But I'm also concerned about how much bigger of a hole Chuck is planning on digging with this free agent market.

Link to post
Share on other sites
43 minutes ago, flyercanuck said:

But I'm also concerned about how much bigger of a hole Chuck is planning on digging with this free agent market.

 

I wish he would just move JVR and Risto for what a 1st and 3rd??

 

I would take it and run. Yotes please pick up....i think Risto gets no more than this upcoming year and they move on from him if for no more than a salary dump.

Link to post
Share on other sites
Posted (edited)
22 minutes ago, OccamsRazor said:

I wish he would just move JVR and Risto for what a 1st and 3rd??

No chance.  I'd take it and run too, because it would be nothing but a fantasy trade.  If it was being traded TO Chuck, maybe a 1st is brought up as an option(see the mistake of trading for Risto in the first place).  But, this just isn't happening.  Trading the 2 for just a 1st alone is nothing but a dream.  JVR just has no value in the NHL.  And there's no way Risto is bringing back anything close to what Chuck was dumb enough to giveaway for him.  Maybe a team offers a 3rd rounder for him.  But, that's a big maybe.  Especially with the ridiculous contract extension he carries now.

 

 

Edited by FireDillabaugh
Link to post
Share on other sites
On 5/16/2022 at 11:29 AM, Rat Trick said:

It is just extremely bizarre to me that a team unless they totally break up the core group from one year to the next can go from being in the Stanley Cup Finals to being the worst team. 

 

I figured he would not be ready at just 18 years old, but if the team is so bad as it seems the consensus is saying will the Canadiens push him to make the roster?

 

They mananged to sneak into the postseason thank to the division realignment that made the north division by far the weakest in the League, not to mention that there were only seven teams and being in the top-4 secured a play-off spot. Then they faced Toronto who ****ed up big time, and the Jets with their atrocious D. The SC final was one of the worst in history. I only give the Habs credit for their series vs. Vegas but all the rest was a pure fluke. Unfortunately for them, they were about the only one who actually believed they had a squad to be in the playoffs again. I ranked them 7th out of eight in their divison and everybody I know jumped on me, claiming that I was not objective (not true), that I didn't see Montréal's full potential (not true) and that was a Habs hater (ok, true) who's giving a false prediction (also true: they finished dead last).

 

Now they are convinced they will have a Connor McDavid #2. Seems to be that it would be more of a Nugent-Hopkins 2.0. A good player but definitely not a franchise-changing guy.

Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, Math said:

 

They mananged to sneak into the postseason thank to the division realignment that made the north division by far the weakest in the League, not to mention that there were only seven teams and being in the top-4 secured a play-off spot. Then they faced Toronto who ****ed up big time, and the Jets with their atrocious D. The SC final was one of the worst in history. I only give the Habs credit for their series vs. Vegas but all the rest was a pure fluke. Unfortunately for them, they were about the only one who actually believed they had a squad to be in the playoffs again. I ranked them 7th out of eight in their divison and everybody I know jumped on me, claiming that I was not objective (not true), that I didn't see Montréal's full potential (not true) and that was a Habs hater (ok, true) who's giving a false prediction (also true: they finished dead last).

 

Now they are convinced they will have a Connor McDavid #2. Seems to be that it would be more of a Nugent-Hopkins 2.0. A good player but definitely not a franchise-changing guy.

Shane Wright is definitely not Connor McDavid. Hell,  I am not even sure if he is Nick Suzuki. 

  • Like 1
Link to post
Share on other sites

I'd be on the Wright train, if thee guy came across a a tad more humble, fine line between confident and cocky.

 

Would that not be awesome if he falls in the draft.

Link to post
Share on other sites

The 2023 NHL draft there is going to be a special player to target at #1 and that is Connor Bedard. Whoever is lucky enough to win the Draft lottery next season is going to end up with a special player. 

  • Like 1
Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.
Note: Your post will require moderator approval before it will be visible.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.


×
×
  • Create New...