Hypothetical - Couterier or Scheen

Guest Dynamo 47

I wonder if Rick Nash is next Joe Thornton, he has size, talent, hard working but would not be able to take a next step, like Joe. Remember Joe's performance during playoff is not impressive. So it could be Courts and Shenn will be better on long run. I think Schenn has more potential then Courts, just after I saw his game, he does a lot things naturally, Schenn is right position for rebounds, very strong near the boards, amazing vision and sense for the game, but Courts is more like Mike Richars with a little more talent (may be) or may be just his size is giving him ability to do better than Richie.

Rick Nash made the playoffs once, and got swept in 08-09 - 3 pts in 4 games for Nash? I have no idea what would really happen if he goes to a team that has a prayer of a chance of winning a playoff series, but I think that he'd play his *** off and be very thankful for the opportunity. I do not think that Nash is worth that contract though. Basically, he's a 30 goal scorer.

I haven't seen this in any of the threads regarding Nash so I'll throw it out there.

Homer may be talking with Howson so that anyone who has interest in Nash think both teams are working a deal. Maybe one of them panics and throws a huge (over payment) offer to Howson that will hurt their team for years to come.

Maybe a little out there, but it's possible.

Or he wants another potential trade partner for the Flyers to panic & offer more than they would have in another deal (like with LA).

@Phillygrump

Well forward is the least of this teams worries. We may well be the deepest team in the league at forward. So why on earth do we need Nash?

And I totally agree with you that forward is the least of our worries but all the rumors are indicating conversations about Nash so I posted this more as an interesting conversation piece then factual. I even prefaced the post with preferring to spend 7-8- million I want Weber.

Being on a crappy team notwithstanding, Nash would be 4th on the team in goals scored, 8th in assists and his +/- is equal to the worst three Flyers combined. But he would be making way more than the top paid player on the Flyers not sulking behind a goalie mask.

If you put him with Giroux, that means you bump Jagr, and have a top line with no defensive mindset whatsoever. Giroux has been absolutely horrid lately with the turnovers, etc.

To stick with the spirit of the original post, I'd rather keep Couturier and deal Schenn. Neither one is enough to get this done, however.