Game 81: Flyers at Jets; 4/27/22 @ 7:30 PM, NBCSP, SN360, SNW, SNP, TVAS

Podein25

Flyers at Jets, 4/27/2022 @ 7:30 PM - Pods is Going!  

8 members have voted

1. 1. Should Pods Wear a Paper Bag to the Jets Game?

• Yes
    • No
    • Jump Off the Osborne Street Bridge

This poll is closed to new votes

• Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.
  • Poll closed on 04/28/2022 at 12:30 AM

2 minutes ago, Podein25 said:

Normally @Howie58starts these 

Is this so you can get a head start cutting out the holes in your paperbag???

Just make sure it's a paper bag and not a pillow case....reminds me of a very funny scene...

Classic....

• Like 2

7 minutes ago, OccamsRazor said:

Is this so you can get a head start cutting out the holes in your paperbag???

Just make sure it's a paper bag and not a pillow case....reminds me of a very funny scene...

Classic....

It is, I'm going with the classic. My jersey is pretty much the orange version of this (late 80s?)

image.jpeg.008d33a42ee984cb429486db49192f34.jpeg

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

2 minutes ago, Howie58 said:

Colleagues:  I have passed a unanimous notion that Podein starts this thread.  The Chair has ceded his time to the Honorable Pods.  

Gosh, I remember the New Orleans Aint's getting the bag things started.  I age myself.  

I don't know Howie this @Podein25 needed a damn two weeks notice just to make one game thread!!!

That is a red flag for me....can't trust him...he is a wacky Canuck too boot keep your eyes on him!

• Haha 1

• 3 weeks later...
On 4/11/2022 at 4:03 PM, Podein25 said:

It is, I'm going with the classic. My jersey is pretty much the orange version of this (late 80s?)

image.jpeg.008d33a42ee984cb429486db49192f34.jpeg

Jeeze about time we get to use this thread....talk about early bird catches the worm.

All i know is the Devils are right on the Flyers heels so go Jets i want a good spirited game but i will settle for a regulation loss make sure yall double shifts Hayes, JVR and Yandle and it should be in the bag.

So i will go...

Jets 5

Flyers 3

Tank GIFs - Get the best GIF on GIPHY

Keep the tank game strong guys you can do it!!!!

Howdy:

The Jets are favored (-192).  PHL has lost 7 of the last 9;  WPG has lost 8 of 11.  One bookie sees a high-scoring affair, going over 6 goals. We won in Philly on January 1st, 3-1.  Let's hope there are no injuries in a meaningless game. 

Edited by Howie58
  • Like 1

Greetings:

Here is the lineup.  It looks like Sandstrom is in goal.  Maybe the kid gets a win:

Farabee-Hayes-Brink van Riemsdyk-Laughton-Konecny Cates-Frost-Tippett Lindblom-Thompson-MacEwen Provorov-Attard Högberg-Sanheim Yandle-Zamula Sandström Jones

Well, Hogberg makes it to second pairing.  Brink on first line....

• Like 1

It is winding down...

...seems like Sandstrom is playing for a contract. Still pisses me off to have Lindblom on the 4th line WTF is the advantage of giving him this role....fcuk Yeo.

I am pulling for the guy....

• Like 1

Last time they played in Winnepeg a non call would have which lead to a hit from Farabee which he was suspended for but something similar to TK wasn't...

“Initially on that play, if you watch it and if you listen to the explanation of the NHL, they say [Farabee] was pushed from behind. He was crosschecked from behind,” Vigneault said. “It should have been a penalty, we should have been going on the power play. The time between the puck being passed and the hit I think is 1.34 seconds, which is late.

But T.K.’s one just a few days before that was 1.04. There’s .3-something seconds difference. One is nothing, one is a three-game suspension to a young man that has no history.

“Sometimes things are hard to figure out. You’ve just got to roll with it and deal with it. That’s the best explanation that I can give you.”

Got to love the refs...

2 minutes ago, Howie58 said:

Agreed with FD that Sandstrom was soft.

Well San Ant had reported over month ago that the Flyers haven't been happy with him and his development - that is why i wanted to see him play before they just walk away from him.

He doesn't have a contract and is a UFA at seasons end. Rumor has it he could just go back to the SHL.

Supposedly they really want Fedotov over to maybe back up Hart.

And what i have seen so far form Sandstrom well he has been ok but certainly nothing yet where oh yeah they will regret not giving him a contract.

And yeah it really does seem unfair to judge him with this team in front of him with nothing to really play for.

But remember we are talking about the group that traded Richie and Carter and then brought Bryz in and then traded Bob for a 2nd round pick who turned into Stolarz and we know how that all went.

See guess we'll see what the Brainiacs have planned...

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, FireDillabaugh said:

The anemic powerplay is so sad to watch. 

So basically Joey Mullen wasn't the problem it seems....scapegoated years ago...i am at a loss for words what is left to do to this squad...it has to be a philopshy issue right??

I can't fully say i have never played hockey i live in the south only been a fan since 1991.

Sometimes i thought i knew but yeah i don't have a clue. I am just sick and tired of being sick and tired.

7 minutes ago, FireDillabaugh said:

But, if the players aren't willing to do the work needed, they could have the best powerplay coaching and it's still going to fail. 

So is it the players the Flyers are targeting?? I mean hard to believe they would want this type of player but again man i just don't know anymore.

8 minutes ago, FireDillabaugh said:

Every game he's played, he hasn't gotten any bit of offensive production help from this team.

I agree and his 914% coming in isn't that bad but like you said he isn't getting any support and that is why i said i felt it was unfair to judge him with this team in front of him with nothing really to play for all they are looking forward too is tee time on the course.

10 minutes ago, FireDillabaugh said:

But, he's also had some VERY big saves.  Imo, he's DEFINITELY looked better than Jones has.

Yes and that is why i would be good bringing him back because he may even help with the tank to get Bedard. While also working on his game i just don't want Jones back because well he isn't helping in any way.

But i could also see Sandstrom wanting to just go play somewhere else in the SHL or even in the NHL where he may get some good coaching he ain't getting it in Philly.

• Like 1