Game 73: Flyers at Capitals; 4/12/22 @ 7 PM, ESPN

Howie58

Greetings:

The Caps are favored (-275).  Bobby Brink will lace up for the O and B.  We've taken two close ones (2-1) and lost one (5-3) in the prior meetings.  I assume Hart gets the start but haven't seen any lineups.  The Caps will be aiming for their fourth straight.  

• Thanks 1

Should be a fun game. The Flyers - other than the PP - are playing much better since the TD. The young guys are making a good case for themselves for next year.

Hopefully Yeo manages Brink's shifts well. Flyers are on the road so he won't have full control but I hope he's not out there against Wilson or Ovechkin. Young players have to endure a "trial by fire" breaking into the NHL and that's fine. But Brink is small and lightweight. The Caps are going hard after a WC spot - no shame in limiting Brink's ice time tonight.

15 minutes ago, flyercanuck said:

Sami - love the new avatar...who the F is it?

It’s the Ryan Ellis Chia Pet the gave out after the game Saturday. Guy plays 4 games and gets his own Chia pet !

• Haha 1

38 minutes ago, flyercanuck said:

Are they really going to make Brink carry van Reimsdyks lazy azz in his NHL debut?

From what i had seen it was TK on his off wing at LW and Laughton at the pivot and Brink at RW.

JVR was on the 3rd unless you seen a last minute switch??

I questioned why is Oskar not playing and JVR on the 3rd line LW spot and mojo said Oskar was dealing with an injury. So yeah i guess he plays by default.

12 minutes ago, OccamsRazor said:

From what i had seen it was TK on his off wing at LW and Laughton at the pivot and Brink at RW.

JVR was on the 3rd unless you seen a last minute switch??

I questioned why is Oskar not playing and JVR on the 3rd line LW spot and mojo said Oskar was dealing with an injury. So yeah i guess he plays by default.

I read it up on the twitter thingie in the top right corner of this forum.

12 minutes ago, flyercanuck said:

I read it up on the twitter thingie in the top right corner of this forum.

Ok i see it now i don't know WTF they are doing unless they are trying Brink the right way to float and cherry pick as soon as they get here....that makes no fcu king sense at all.

I don't know goddamn Yeo and Cates should be up a line and put JVR on the 4th.

A bunch of ass clowns running the show.

Well this suck sort of meeting some friends out for supper so i won't be able to watch ol well may help to keep my blood pressure down.

I will not have any bourbon tonight and join @Howie58 in solidarity as i have some wine and think of all you folks suffering all i can offer.

:cheers:

3 minutes ago, Samifan said:

He’s a defenseman from the Nashville predators. Not sure why the flyers chose to make him a chia pet 

Don't fall for antics for some reason he is in a mood.

I think because of JVR playing tonight.

I can't blame him.

1 minute ago, flyercanuck said:

I think Sami gets them joke. 

Ok wasn't sure because he answered you. Go have a drink but do not kick the dog he did nothing to you.

I'll check in later they are meaningless games you should refrain from watching go watch some Mr. D you need a laugh.

3 minutes ago, OccamsRazor said:

Ok wasn't sure because he answered you. Go have a drink but do not kick the dog he did nothing to you.

I'll check in later they are meaningless games you should refrain from watching go watch some Mr. D you need a laugh.

Haven't watched a game since November. 

13 minutes ago, flyercanuck said:

Haven't watched a game since November. 

I haven't watched a full game all year. I have watched bits and pieces here and there over the last couple weeks but yes haven't sat down and watch...most time i put it on and do something around the house to do...

The have to find a new goaltending coach Hart's rebound control has gone to **** he has to absorb this shot better....it wasn't that hard at all...just terrible...

...at this point he is damaged good till he show me otherwise.

They should have brought Derek Grant back instead of Thompson....

...any ways headed out enjoy the game....please don't ruin these other new prospects Flyers.

:BrownBag:

1 hour ago, FireDillabaugh said:

I don't know what Hart's injury is.  But, if that's the level of play that he was capable of bringing to the game, he never should have been dressed to begin with.  Yes, Thompson was caught watching the puck on the Oshie goal.  But, even with that said, Hart knew he was there and still did nothing to even try and prevent that pass to his far post, and was never prepared to even come close to attempting a save on a player standing right next to him.

The other two goals in the first need to be stopped.  He was slow getting to his post on the ridiculous Ovie goal and he paid for it.  Absolutely horrible technique.  If coaching isn't teaching him that he must be back on his post the moment the puck goes behind his goal line, then they don't belong as an NHL goaltending coach.

And the Fehervary goal absolutely must be stopped.  Ridiculous butterfly technique.

Great to see that Jones was ready to play if needed.......  Absolute joke.

Brink actually looks good, despite the ridiculous score.  Nice to see he doesn't appear to be overwhelmed by the level of hockey and his team's awful goaltending that's incapable of keeping them in a game.

I'm going to go out on a limb and say you've played goal?

• Like 2