Game 73: Flyers at Capitals; 4/12/22 @ 7 PM, ESPN

Howie58

Embarrassing loss.

The latest in an embarrassing season.

I'm sure most of these guys would like to pull a Farrabee and Konecny for the rest of the season. 

Turned it on @ 5-1. 

Lucky that final wasn't 13 -2.

I am curious as to who from the team will say what after that mess.

• Like 1

I listened to the second while driving home and watched the third.  The SiriusXM feed was from the Caps.  They were amazed at how much time and space the O and B were giving the Caps and laughing at the poor play.  They felt badly for Jones.  Our fights and frustration in the third seemed like temper tantrums from six-year old's.  What a bleepshow.  AV must be laughing.

Edited by Howie58

2 hours ago, FireDillabaugh said:

I don't know what Hart's injury is. 

So was he hurt before the game or are you saying he got hurt before the game?? 

Just got home and missed it...wish sounds like a blessing.

I think they have used up all 4 of their recalls so they can only call up someone if there is an injury.

I really wanted to see Sandstrom play a Lion's share of these games to end the season but i get it they are trying to get in the playoffs in the AHL.

Oh well they would just ruin him more likely but i thought he played damn good in his only game this season vs San Jose.

Maybe next year that is IF they offer him a contract....

2 hours ago, FireDillabaugh said:

Great to see that Jones was ready to play if needed.......  Absolute joke.

Yeah as i said didn't see the game but i have to defer and ask WTF is this???

FQLyG63WQAMb4cW.jpg.5f435254e5d4dc5bbe9633db53025405.jpg

How in the actual fcuk does a pro hockey team play like this and a guy is sitting this wide open alone on top of the crease i don't recall ever seeing this???

Someone some where help this make sense!!!!!

FQLj-A7WQAkVZPk.jpg.c74b397a4ad304230cd8549a58a07f02.jpg

Who is drawing up these plays...never seen anything like it.

:BrownBag:

Edited by OccamsRazor
bourbon isn't working

Last time I watched a game was before the AS break. I tuned in last night to see a different lineup produce the same result. Luckily, i had this recorded so I just FFWD through most of it

I miss Voracek

• Haha 2

The Sheary goal sums up the night perfectly. The Flyers were out of position to the extreme all game, they seemed to have no awareness of what was happening on the ice. Oshie's goal was another one. No goalie has a chance of stopping that one when Oshie is allowed to camp out beside the post. One pass and it's a tap-in. Caps scored 9 and every one of them was a the result of the Flyers making just brain-dead mistakes on D.

Hart left after the 1st, LBI. I don't think Atkinson played after Wilson tagged him along the boards - didn't look like much but I guess Atkinson is questionable for tonight.

I can see another pasting coming vs. the Rangers...

• Like 2

The Flyers are just a beaten team. I would guess each player is functioning individually, focusing on their own game. They know their fate is sealed and everyone is waiting for this season to end. Since they are playing like its over, I will go back to participating like its over (not watching).

Deep admiration for all of you who are passionate enough to stick it out and offer perspectives on what is happening. In my mind, doing this would be a effective as offering health advice to a corpse. Im holding out that the ax falls and Fletcher and Yeo bare the brunt of responsibility. But more than likely they will be given a pass, with the blame being shifted to injuries.

If I was presently in a more suitable circumstance, I would raise a glass and toast to the end of the season, with no injuries to those left standing

• Like 1

On 4/12/2022 at 11:50 AM, MaineFlyFan said:

Well, I guess I'll swallow my "hurt feelings" and tune in tonight. See Brinks debut.

Haven't seen a Flyers game since Jan....

I'm interested in seeing how Hayes is carrying himself these days....

SO..... I go to turn on the game on Hulu and realize it's on NHL network or "regular" ESPN.... or something I don't get. Great! The ONE game I wanna watch (Brink debut), is not streaming on any of the MILLION services I pay for.......

THANK YOU HOCKEY GODS. I was spared. Time to follow G and the panthers!!

Seriously? 9 goals? That play where the caps dude was sitting in front......

Yeah,...... I'm seriously at a loss for words here. My nightmare is coming true.... Hart will be ruined. Welcome to the NHL Brink......:bye:

1 hour ago, CoachX said:

The Flyers are just a beaten team. I would guess each player is functioning individually, focusing on their own game. They know their fate is sealed and everyone is waiting for this season to end. Since they are playing like its over, I will go back to participating like its over (not watching).

Yup... I think that pretty much sums it up.

If I were good at the interwebs, I'd post a video of Billie Joe Amstrong singing "Wake me up, When Sept Ends)....

Next season Already!!!

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, MaineFlyFan said:

WAIT A MINUTE!!!

JVR scored both flyers goals!!!!.......:bonkingheadonwall:

Like salt in an open wound.

God I hope we unload that POS in the off season...

(Sorry I'm done now....closing laptop)

He waited till the last 10 gamed to start contributing. 

26 minutes ago, MaineFlyFan said:

SO..... I go to turn on the game on Hulu and realize it's on NHL network or "regular" ESPN.... or something I don't get. Great! The ONE game I wanna watch (Brink debut), is not streaming on any of the MILLION services I pay for.......

THANK YOU HOCKEY GODS. I was spared. Time to follow G and the panthers!!

Seriously? 9 goals? That play where the caps dude was sitting in front......

Yeah,...... I'm seriously at a loss for words here. My nightmare is coming true.... Hart will be ruined. Welcome to the NHL Brink......:bye:

I posted a link in the game thread but yeah you did not want to watch that **** show...

Up until last night the Flyers were playing entertaining, uptempo and (believe it or not) structured hockey. It was clear as day. Since the culture changed at the TD, "the room" got a dose of sunlight and fresh air, the younger guys brought in new energy and excitement. It rubbed off on most (not all) of the veterans. Yeo adjusted the D pairs - Provorov / York helped both guys and especially Provorov.

Last night going up against a heavy, desperate-for-points team it all came crashing down. For whatever reason... maybe one too many rookies, maybe Hart should've spoken up before the game. In any case it was a lot to ask, playing that many new guys all at once. York, Attard, Frost, Cates, Tippett plus Brink...Hart hurt from the beginning...who knows what else.

1 hour ago, OccamsRazor said:

@flyercanuck since you love this....

Like it or not it is the truth dude is a master of racking up meaningless goals in meaningless games.

JVR is like the guy who picks up a fat sloth at 4am at the local bar and calls himself a lady's man. 

• Haha 2
  • Good Post 1

4 hours ago, OccamsRazor said:

@flyercanuck since you love this....

Like it or not it is the truth dude is a master of racking up meaningless goals in meaningless games.

Thanks for providing even more solid evidence that he's about as useless as they come. Of course all you have to do is watch him play...I swear he doesn't need to shower after games.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

3 hours ago, GratefulFlyers said:

Up until last night the Flyers were playing entertaining, uptempo and (believe it or not) structured hockey. It was clear as day. Since the culture changed at the TD, "the room" got a dose of sunlight and fresh air, the younger guys brought in new energy and excitement. It rubbed off on most (not all) of the veterans. Yeo adjusted the D pairs - Provorov / York helped both guys and especially Provorov.

Last night going up against a heavy, desperate-for-points team it all came crashing down. For whatever reason... maybe one too many rookies, maybe Hart should've spoken up before the game. In any case it was a lot to ask, playing that many new guys all at once. York, Attard, Frost, Cates, Tippett plus Brink...Hart hurt from the beginning...who knows what else.

Watching that video of Hayes skate away from Sheary and leaving him all alone in front of the net with noone even close...you expect that from all those rookies you mentioned, not an 8 year NHL vet making 7 million a year. Then you see #13 and it all makes sense. Rangers couldn't get rid of his sorry azz fast enough. Winnipeg got rid of him even faster.

Fletcher, "Hmmm, this looks like the kind of guy I want long term and I'll build my 4th lousiest team in the league around him".

• Like 1