Homer speaks in code for "We're trying to trade one of them"

Guest rickmac19

Most Canuck's fans seem to like the idea of trading Lou back to Florida (where his wife lives) and keeping Schneid's.

I think Florida might have something to say about this...like "no".

This is the guy that was supposedly the heir apparent in LA, but lost it to Quick.

That doesn't make any sense @Vanflyer - how can an heir to something lose that same something?

The fact that Quick has kept his job (1.87 and 0.934 - are you kidding?) only means that all the pundits who expected Quick to falter were wrong. I don't see how it reflects poorly on Bernier at all.

That doesn't make any sense @Vanflyer - how can an heir to something lose that same something?

The fact that Quick has kept his job (1.87 and 0.934 - are you kidding?) only means that all the pundits who expected Quick to falter were wrong. I don't see how it reflects poorly on Bernier at all.

I don't know how anyone ever could have thought that Quick wasn't going to be a stud.

The fact that neither goalie has bus tire treads on their gear indicates to me that Holmgren is working furiously to try to trade one of those goaltenders. The "good guys," "work hard in practice" speech showcases them to some other team that might buy the "change of scenery" line of thinking and even consider eating Bryzgalov's contract.

What's your over/under on what it will cost for the Flyers to get out of the Bryzgalov contract? (By that, I mean, the player the Flyers need to add over and above fair market value just to get rid of his top-five goalie contract [for a player not even in the top five in his own DIVISION!].)

Obviously Breezy with his contract and poor play is untradeable, therefore it's time to cut ties with Bob and trade him for another goalie..

@flyercanuck

Wow. She must be some special woman to do that. Vancouver is one of the top 10 cities in the world. Maybe she is Latina and just prefers the "carribean" type climate. The winters in Van suck with the rain and all that. But when you are the wife of a multi-millionaire and can just jet off to Whistler or California or Mexico for a few days in the winter, what is the big deal?

I wonder what she thinks about Montreal (another one of the top cities in the world despite all those elitist Montreal Canadiens fans- not offence habsguy!).

@aziz

"it's weird, right? have you ever seen so much confidence in a guy with 43 NHL games, total? and a lower career sv% than bobrovsky."

Thats my whole point. I know he did very well in Juniors and the AHL- but it seems that ALLOT of Flyers fans think he ALREADY is something that he is not (or at least has not demonstrated at the NHL level). So, all he is to me is another guy with potential. Maybe that potential / ceiling are very high, but that could be said for allot of guys and never pan out.

@Podein25

"The fact that Quick has kept his job (1.87 and 0.934 - are you kidding?) only means that all the pundits who expected Quick to falter were wrong. I don't see how it reflects poorly on Bernier at all."

Thats a fair point. That said- in his limited starts last year and this year, he hasnt done anything to garner all this "missing piece" goalie type talk. He is only 23 so his potential is certainly there. But couldn't the same be said for bobs who has played twice as many games at the NHL level and won twice as many as he has lost?

Truthfully- I just have not seen Bernier much. So I don't have a basis of saying either "wow- he is something" despite the team in front of him or scratch my head and say what is all the hubbub about.

@Vanflyer - I think the fact that Bernier has been highly touted since Jr and continues to be as a pro (this year's relatvely poor #s are an abberation and partly attributable to the crappy play in front of him, esepcially scoring the odd goal) and is only 23 is precisely why people like his upside. Most still prefer Schneider, who is also 23, including me.

The point is he's not chopped liver. He is one of 5 or so elite goalie prospects (Rask, Schneider, Markstrom, Lindback, Holtby). We should be interested in acquiring any one of them if it was possible and not cost prohibitive.

Edited by Podein25

@flyercanuck-

I guess what is LA waiting for if they have a bluechip goalie prospect and are in such dire need for offensive help (calling Jeff Carter- ha ha)?

I don't see Rask going anywhere. My guess is that the Bruins ride out Thomas contract (one more year) and then hand the reigns to Rask.

With Rinne locked in for the Preds, you could see Lindback being moved. I would imagine that Markstrom and Holtby are not going anywhere as they would be goalies of the future for their respective teams.

To me Schneider is the one that is prime time ready and I would want. Also, he is 25 (time flies). :-)

Most Canuck's fans seem to like the idea of trading Lou back to Florida (where his wife lives) and keeping Schneid's.

Unfortunately the vast majority of Canuck's fans are idiots and really don't know what they are talking about when it comes to hockey. I've spent the majority of Luongo's time as a Canuck defending him against people who have been calling for him to be traded... stats don't lie. Luongo is once again putting up numbers that will have him as a finalist for the vezina, and in my opinion if it weren't for how well Schneider has played in a bigger role this year Luongo would run away with it.

exactly... this is the way i'd look at it as well. if they plan on just waiting out(what i think is just a huge adjustment period for bryz), then we need some help now because bob isn't doing it. i mean.. of all the grief everyone gives bryz, let's not forget that bob was our failsafe backup plan. if bryz faltered, we could always put this young talented goalie in there and all will be ok right? well, bob has actually played worse than bryz. and i don't think the excuse of lack of consistent starts can be blamed here. he was given his chance at consistent starts and he blew it.

Last week I did not, but this week i feel that Bob will be in any serious trade talks.. Your point is well taken.