Ilya Bryzgalov to Fan: "You Care Too Much"

Guest Irishjim

I don't blame Bryz for not living hockey. Thats probably good for him as a person to put your job into perspective and to put a sport into perspective, however, the problem is you got paid 51 mil to put hockey in that high priority and you came to a town that puts hockey in that same priority. I blame the guy who gave a hockey apathetic goalie a 9 year contract.

I was thinking back to the November game against the Coyotes when a couple of the Phoenix players were really bad mouthing Brzy badly. I was pissed at the time and was hoping someone on the Flyers would exact a little revenge for showing and voicing such blatant disrespect. Nothing happened.

Fast foward to 24/7 when the team is eating breakfast, I believe. Bryz walks in the room and no on wants to sit at the table with him. I thought that was odd.

Now though? Maybe the Phoenix guys were right. Not that I think they should have expressed their opinions the way they did, but it certainly makes you wonder.

I call bull **** with this story. Want to hear what my plumber's, brother's friend told him?

I think the internets is terrible for this type of crap, it's even worse when people believe it and pass it around as true(sorry Jim!).

Green this story maybe total bull, embellished or it could be verbatim. given bryz's quote yesterday, where he said he needs to fine inner peace or some crap like that to play in this city, I wouldn't put it past him to say this to a fan. this isn't the first time he has made a remark like this and it will not be the last.

Green this story maybe total bull, embellished or it could be verbatim. given bryz's quote yesterday, where he said he needs to fine inner peace or some crap like that to play in this city, I wouldn't put it past him to say this to a fan. this isn't the first time he has made a remark like this and it will not be the last.

Yea Jim, not really calling you out.....but I knew the source was one of those blogs and I'd bet it's completely made up for attention. People lose their filters when reading stuff on the computer screen, this is not journalism - it's basically barber shop talk/rumors posted to a web page.

You're right about him staying wacky stuff, but I've never heard him say anything that bad. He's got better perspective than that.

I'd really like to give the guy at least one playoff round before throwing him to the wolves - the fan "outrage" is getting embarrassing becasue we ALWAYS ove-rate the team.

I was thinking back to the November game against the Coyotes when a couple of the Phoenix players were really bad mouthing Brzy badly. I was pissed at the time and was hoping someone on the Flyers would exact a little revenge for showing and voicing such blatant disrespect. Nothing happened.

Fast foward to 24/7 when the team is eating breakfast, I believe. Bryz walks in the room and no on wants to sit at the table with him. I thought that was odd.

Now though? Maybe the Phoenix guys were right. Not that I think they should have expressed their opinions the way they did, but it certainly makes you wonder.

It's rare for players to knock a fellow NHLer. You almost have to be Sean Avery to have former teammates say what they really mean. That was definately a red flag.

Yea Jim, not really calling you out.....but I knew the source was one of those blogs and I'd bet it's completely made up for attention. People lose their filters when reading stuff on the computer screen, this is not journalism - it's basically barber shop talk/rumors posted to a web page.

You're right about him staying wacky stuff, but I've never heard him say anything that bad. He's got better perspective than that.

I'd really like to give the guy at least one playoff round before throwing him to the wolves - the fan "outrage" is getting embarrassing becasue we ALWAYS ove-rate the team.

nice try bryz...

That was definately a red flag

There were a number of red flags surrounding Bryzgalov. Everyone said what a lousy team the 'Yotes were, what a super-duper goalie Bryzgalov must be to get them into the post-season... Strange how none of the Flyers' decision-makers factored in the type of team Phoenix is compared to the Flyers...whether Bryzgalov could perform as well under a less defensive-oriented system.

I admit I didn't "get it" till I read some of the posts you guys made here. I watched the 'Yotes a handful of times last year and never was impressed by Bryzgalov. He didn't look to me like anything special. But...he was a Vezina candidate before that so I assumed Ed, Paul, etc. must know what they're doing going after him.

and then I hear from Bryzgalov "I want to be the highest-paid goalie in the NHL." For me that was RED FLAG #1.