2022 NHL Draft - Flyers Version (#5 Overall)

pilldoc

2022 NHL Draft - Flyers Version  

27 members have voted

1. 1. Updated Question. Flyers are now drafting #5 overall. Who do you want?

• Juraj Slafkovsky -TPS (Liiga) (Slovakia)- LW / C / RW
    • Simon Nemec -HK Nitra (Slovakia) - RHD
    • Logan Cooley - USDP (United States) - C (NOTE: Committed to Univ. Minn.)
    • Matthew Savoie - Winnipeg (WHL - Canada) - C
    • Joakim Kemell - JYP (Liiga) (Finland) - RW
    • David Jiricek - HC Plzen (Czech) - RHD
    • Connor Geekie - Winnipeg (WHL - Canada) - C
    • Other?
    • BPA (Best Player Available)

So the Flyers need the Kraken to win two games or earn 4 points in their last 4 games to pass them I think.

If they only earn 3 points they would end up tied in points which the tie breaker going to the Kraken since Flyers beat them both times they played.

Right?

Of course this is also assuming the Flyers lose their last two games...which we'll we know they are good at messing up a tank.

19 minutes ago, FireDillabaugh said:

26 to 25 right now.  That tiebreaker criteria comes before the head to head criteria. 

Good to know.

I am holding out hope they can get to the 3rd spot but certainly won't expect it.

19 minutes ago, FireDillabaugh said:

LA

Yeah with them in the playoffs this will be the hardest task but I say that without knowing if the game matters to them or not as far seeding goes.

I just want whatever outcome is best for the Flyers.

This draft pick could be a key piece in 3 to 4 years if utilized properly.

6 minutes ago, FireDillabaugh said:

They aren't in yet.  That's why I say they're playing for something.  Nashville and Dallas can still pass them.  And even Vegas could pass them if they win their 3 remaining and LA loses their 2 remaining.  But, I do think Seattle has a better shot against LA than they do against Winnipeg.  Even though LA is higher in the standings.

Well I don't expect luck to be in the Flyer's favor now to be honest it hasn't been in forever why would it be now.

• Like 1

Well here is were it stands .....

For those keep score at home ......

image.png.25d4e5f83cf173d46a6d1e1d9e2302a7.png

Simply put there is #1 game left on the NHL Scedule.

image.png.d91e4f30731546e40315e40f404dfd7f.png

If Seattle Wins then the Flyers are #3 and the Kracken are #4

If Seattle Loss then the Flyers are #4 and the Kracken are #3

If Seattle Ties then they to go regulation wins.  The Kracken have 23, the Flyers have 20. Therefore the Flyers will then be #3 and Kracken #4.

As a Flyers fan I am rooting for Seattle to get either a Tie or W.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, pilldoc said:

Well here is were it stands .....

For those keep score at home ......

image.png.25d4e5f83cf173d46a6d1e1d9e2302a7.png

Simply put there is #1 game left on the NHL Scedule.

image.png.d91e4f30731546e40315e40f404dfd7f.png

If Seattle Wins then the Flyers are #3 and the Kracken are #4

If Seattle Loss then the Flyers are #4 and the Kracken are #3

If Seattle Ties then they to go regulation wins.  The Kracken have 23, the Flyers have 20. Therefore the Flyers will then be #3 and Kracken #4.

As a Flyers fan I am rooting for Seattle to get either a Tie or W.

As a Flyer fan, I am rooting for comcast to wake up this morning and realize how broken the hockey ops are and shitcan Holmgren and Fletcher. Otherwise,  does it even really matter how many points the Kraken get 

• Like 4

On 4/15/2022 at 10:36 PM, flyer4ever said:

Pick the goal scorer. Whoever that projects to be. Slavkovsky or Cooley, if they aren't picking first.

I want a sniper...would be esp nice if he's BIG and can f some opponents Up 😁

7 hours ago, Cheesesteak said:

I want a sniper...would be esp nice if he's BIG and can f some opponents Up 😁

Our 2 biggest forwards are Hayes and JVR. Nobody is scared to play against them...nobody. 

• Like 1

2 hours ago, flyercanuck said:

Our 2 biggest forwards are Hayes and JVR. Nobody is scared to play against them...nobody. 

The biggest guy is that LW Slavofsky , he is a like 6ft 4 and 220 at 18..he led the Olympics in goals.  He is a beast, but as @FireDillabaugh said , Savoie is the best sniper. We have to make the right pick, because if we pick a lemon and  the Devils picking next, get a star, it will haunt us for years. We don't want to pass up another Jagr for a Mike Ricci or another Makar for Nolan Patrick. The thing is we have a few potential snipers now, Allison, Foerester and Tippett. We are short on playmaking centers and also could use a big scoring left wing. So we should be able to get one of those guys.

48 minutes ago, FireDillabaugh said:

Unfortunately, it's not translating well to AHL ability.

I don't know 12 goals in 33 games as a 19 doesn't look to shabby to me.

Who knows what would have happened had he not got injured.

But there is a few years before we really know for sure.

@OccamsRazor

I think Forrester was sent back to his junior team because the Phantoms were such a **** show this year.

He was playing alright. When he came back from his injury was peak organizational injury time and  every team not named the Royals was playing bad hockey. No sense rushing back to get demoralized. 

I thought he had pretty good hands in the tight spaces when I got to see him play. He also seemed to have pretty good awareness for his teammates in the offensive zone too. 

I didn't read his going back to junior as an indictment of his play, I saw it as more grasping the reality of the situation he would be playing in at Lehigh Valley.

• Like 1

58 minutes ago, FireDillabaugh said:

Turned 20 in January.  But, 12 goals(20 points) in 33 AHL games isn't much to write home to Alliston, ON about.  It's not horrible.  But, not sure it's a sniper just yet.  But, yes.  As you say, time will tell with him.  Just have to get Lappy and his crew out of Lehigh and get him the proper teachers in place immediately before they do anymore damage to the youth.  Not in a few more years.  It's not just these NHL coaches that need to be properly replaced this offseason.

Well he was 19 to start the season and his first time in the AHL he was 18 going on 19.

And as far as writing to whoever it's all the games we have to judge him on because he wasn't suppose to be in the AHL.

And correct me if I'm wrong but you're the one who said it isn't translating not me.

So you can judge him and say it isn't translating on this short window and when I say otherwise THEN it isn't much to write home about?

Pick one you can't have it both ways.

And I am judging him from what I seen from Junior and what I have seen when he scores a goal.

When he arrives there will be plenty of time to critique his game then.

But he went back to juniors and scored 6 goals in 13 not to bad to me.

Edited by OccamsRazor
#boubonup
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, FireDillabaugh said:

Turned 20 in January.  But, 12 goals(20 points) in 33 AHL games isn't much to write home to Alliston, ON about.  It's not horrible.  But, not sure it's a sniper just yet.  But, yes.  As you say, time will tell with him.  Just have to get Lappy and his crew out of Lehigh and get him the proper teachers in place immediately before they do anymore damage to the youth.  Not in a few more years.  It's not just these NHL coaches that need to be properly replaced this offseason.

Scored most of those goals as an 18 year old. He turned 20 playing on the Colts after being injured most of the season. He scored 6 goals in 13 games, obviously rusty from being out since early fall, but still respectable. He didn't look out of place, at all, as an 18 year old in the A

edit: I see OR already had this...

Edited by flyercanuck
  • Like 1

26 minutes ago, FireDillabaugh said:

Easy...  When I said it isn't translating well, it was from what I saw of him playing at Lehigh, and that his numbers aren't that great.  Not much to write home about meaning they aren't very good numbers.  As I said, he's still young and needs competent coaching to help him adapt to the higher level of hockey.  And again, "his ability from the left circle is undeniable.  Along with his love of shooting the puck."

I agree.  He didn't necessarily look out of place.  However, his production didn't translate well considering the numbers he did put up in the OHL before putting a Phantoms sweater on.

Again, he might be the sniper they need.  But, Lappy can't be allowed to continue to be the guy that's "coaching" him.  It's not going to help his game at all.

But how much of this is due to good quality of depth guys around him to work with?

I mean they were again basically a M.A.S.H. unit down there even in goal where both Ersson and Ustimenko were on the shelf and there didn't seem to much left once guys got called up too.

I think for myself Lappy did himself no favors this year with his line combos to start. And was saddled with a bunch of career AHLers and ECHLers.

But I hold out hope that once he joins the Phantoms next season he will have much better help.

We'll see.

1 hour ago, FireDillabaugh said:

It's certainly a factor.  I hope next season is better for him also.  The organization needs all the success stories it can get.

So do you think Lappy is the guy who can coach these kids up when he gets them or do they need a new voice?

7 hours ago, OccamsRazor said:

So do you think Lappy is the guy who can coach these kids up when he gets them or do they need a new voice?

I know you're not talking to me but...that's where I would send Yeo.

Chuck's loyal to him he likes the teaching aspect of coaching, could be really help having a former NHL guy that could indoctrinate the new guys into the "system". Getting them playing and changing the same way as the big club.

Might be a way to reward or not punish a good soldier. 

26 minutes ago, mojo1917 said:

I know you're not talking to me but...that's where I would send Yeo.

Chuck's loyal to him he likes the teaching aspect of coaching, could be really help having a former NHL guy that could indoctrinate the new guys into the "system". Getting them playing and changing the same way as the big club.

Might be a way to reward or not punish a good soldier. 

Yeah but would he do it and wouldn't he take that as a step down from NHL head coach to AHL head coach? I mean I guess it depends on if he would rather be a NHL assistant with head coaching aspirations...then again he doesn't have maybe much choice.

5 hours ago, FireDillabaugh said:

Don't think Lappy is even close to being the guy to be coaching the youth. 

He's qualified to stop pucks with his face.  Perhaps the big club needs a human shooter tutor?

2 minutes ago, RonJeremy said:

Are any of the top 4 prospects touted as being NHL ready for next season?

Probably not...and it doesn't matter. The Flyers aren't ready for next season.

• Like 1

11 minutes ago, FireDillabaugh said:

I certainly hope he wouldn't do it.  It's a ridiculous thought.  Absolutely ridiculous.  The Phantoms need a competent teacher, not just more incompetence like they've had with Lappy.  Sincerely hope that another incompetent front office out there decides to bring Yeo into their staff so Chuck can't make yet another idiotic decision in keeping him within this organization.

I don't think he would take it anyways.