Game 76: Sabres at Flyers; 4/17/22 @ 5:00 PM, NBCSP

Howie58

16 minutes ago, mojo1917 said:

Phrasing?

😀

When Kevin Hayes is your first line centerman your team isn't good.

These last two games were pretty instructive. 

The Flyers looked bad. 

Some of the young guys have some fight in them.

There were some plays where guys' newness was pretty evident. 

New to the league and each other, they looked disjointed. 

It's got to be embarrassing for the players. 

Buffalo was faster, played with some discipline and structure, and they look like they have a lot more skill.

I wonder how much longer the Flyers can keep stumbling around the league like this before Bettman calls and tells them they're moving to Hamilton or Quebec City?

I don't think a move is in the offing.  Philly is the #4 or #5 media market.  But I could see nudges about management.  I also suspect the Flyers will not get as much media attention from TNT or ESPN in next year's schedule.  Keith Jones mentioned that two of the remaining Flyers games are on national TV, but they were schedule last year when people thought there'd be an improved team.  I think the O and B get very few national telecasts next year.  

• Like 1

48 minutes ago, mojo1917 said:

Phrasing?

😀

When Kevin Hayes is your first line centerman your team isn't good.

These last two games were pretty instructive. 

The Flyers looked bad. 

Some of the young guys have some fight in them.

There were some plays where guys' newness was pretty evident. 

New to the league and each other, they looked disjointed. 

It's got to be embarrassing for the players. 

Buffalo was faster, played with some discipline and structure, and they look like they have a lot more skill.

I wonder how much longer the Flyers can keep stumbling around the league like this before Bettman calls and tells them they're moving to Hamilton or Quebec City?

it appears comcast can eat crowds like tonight for some time. the game production NEVER  showed a panorama of the crowd. And before someone champs me for watching, I wanted to see the Sabres play They've got some good young pieces there to build on.

Quebec City would be ironic. The first year Flyers played there when the roof blew off the Spectrum.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Howie58 said:

Buffalo shows us that a competent GM can meld talent and coaching after a long walk in the franchise desert.  Fletcher and Scott might learn from Buffalo but I am doubtful. 

Funny how Adams is now looking like a "competent GM" as he was inexperienced, a rookie GM, seen as a yes man for a meddling owner, and basically greeted with much skepticism by Sabres fans when hired. 

So maybe we should turn this mess over to somebody like Briere after all? Can't be worse, can it? 

• Like 2

10 hours ago, OccamsRazor said:

I wonder if they can out tank the Kraken...they are only 3 points ahead of them but Seattle has 2 games in hand.

GGGGGGOOOOO Kraken!!!!!!!!

Just think, the Kraken didn't really seem to do well for the most part on the expansion draft, Fletcher took over an up and coming team and dealt players and draft picks to "go for it" and here we are, head and head with them. Fletcher couldn't have done a better job of tanking...and he was trying to win!

• Good Post 1

4 minutes ago, flyercanuck said:

Just think, the Kraken didn't really seem to do well for the most part on the expansion draft, Fletcher took over an up and coming team and dealt players and draft picks to "go for it" and here we are, head and head with them. Fletcher couldn't have done a better job of tanking...and he was trying to win!

The Captain of the Titanic full steam ahead.

• Haha 1

19 minutes ago, OccamsRazor said:

The Captain of the Titanic full steam ahead.

LOL, so true. On a good note ,at least our young guys like Brink, Tippett, Cates and Attard and Zamula are are looking good and putting in the effort. It's been years since we had a group of young guys come in and play well right from the start. I really believe Allison is gonna be a Tim Kerr style sniper for us, probably a 30 goal scorer, York was looking good too and with him and Allison it will definitely help the PP next year. Zamula and Sanheim need to do some strength training and that will help then alot to win some battles on defense. 

To be at least competitive next year we are gonna need a dman for the first pair, whether it's Ellis or not remains to be seen. We also need a true #1 center.  I believe that Savoie, Cooley and Wright are all potential top line centers. I'm not sure if any are considered NHL ready.  We would be alot better if we had a true #1 center and Coots was 2nd line and Hayes was 3rd line. I'm very concerned that Schmuck is gonna go after Kadri, then you can probably say goodbye to Frost.

• Like 1

13 minutes ago, RonJeremy said:

York was looking good too

They may want to look into getting Emil Andrea over here for next season and start grooming him.

He already setting record for rookie defenseman in the SHL and has them going for the title and well his offense is suppose to blow York's away so I say why not.

Why wait?

Get him over here and started on learning on the smaller ice.

Edited by OccamsRazor
#boubonup

1 hour ago, flyercanuck said:

Maybe Chuck can work out a trade Risto this offseason the Egyptian Ice hockey team is looking for help...

5 hours ago, flyercanuck said:

Oh, I forgot to add...we're not only an equal to an expansion team, but a Hakstol coached one at that!

• Good Post 1
  • Uggh... 1