Can Yandle get to -50 by the end of the season?

Samifan

Ok I finally get it: the official objective with all this this Yandle hype about playing him ad nauseam for consecutive games wasn't to beat this record, but the idea behind Yeo's head was to give him the opportunity to be the undebatable upside down league leader in the +/- column.

So technically yes, he can reach the -50 mark. Still way behind the tremendous -82 of Mikkelson (in only 59 games) back in the 1970s and the magnificient Caps' first season.

• Like 1

12 hours ago, Samifan said:

Yandle even after two periods, unacceptable!

Yandle’s Quest for Greatness 2021-22 

The worst part is he is suppose to have some offensive capability left but nope don't see any he'll he whiffed on a empty which lead to a turnover the other way on the first goal.

I've seen more offensive capability in Andrew Macdonald's pinky finger than I have in Keith Friggin Yandle.

Dude gives garbage a bad name.

:BrownBag:

1 hour ago, OccamsRazor said:

The worst part is he is suppose to have some offensive capability left but nope don't see any he'll he whiffed on a empty which lead to a turnover the other way on the first goal.

I've seen more offensive capability in Andrew Macdonald's pinky finger than I have in Keith Friggin Yandle.

Dude gives garbage a bad name.

The best thing about Yandle is his one year contract.

Though with Connor Bedard up next draft...I'm hoping for an extension!

17 minutes ago, flyercanuck said:

The best thing about Yandle is his one year contract.

Though with Connor Bedard up next draft...I'm hoping for an extension!

I can not take another year of seeing him in that uniform.

And knowing Chuck he will pass on Bedard for another kid from Minnesota anyways.

• Haha 1

3 minutes ago, Wild Thing said:

As the season is winding down many players have certain goals. Some of these goals are even tied into their contracts. Goals, Assists, Minutes, whatever. Why not -50 for Yandle. 😆

Welcome to the board. You guys looking for a defenceman?

Or better yet, how about a GM that you're already familiar with? We'll throw in something....ANYTHING YOU WANT!

3 minutes ago, GrittyForever said:

Give us Marcus Foligno then. We need a leader. 

I think the best thing for Keith Yandle to do once this season is over is to skate off into the sunset and retire. 

I hate when a player like him has had a great career and then he continues on and plays like this. I know they love the game, but there comes a time when you have to say you have to hang the skates up.

• Like 1

6 hours ago, FireDillabaugh said:

Gave Yandle a +, so -41 on the year.

NHL.com has him at -42 after last nights game. I am still holding out hope for -50.

423E2273-D3D3-41E9-B335-211FEC30C008.jpeg

Edited by Samifan
  • Like 1

18 hours ago, FireDillabaugh said:

Yup.  You're right.  ESPN stats had him at -42, then at -41 after the Attard goal, and now back at -42.    I guess that was changed.

They need to play him tonight if they want to beat the top tankers...had to edit my post i mixed up the columns...but i am still good losing tonight for the sake of holding onto the 3rd draft spot.

Edited by OccamsRazor
#boubonup