Tb trades downie

Guest Jmdodgesrt4

Tb traded downie to Colorado for Quincy then tb traded quincy to Detroit for 2012 draft 1st round

Detroit needed a wack job?

Downie is like Carcillo if Carcillo actually had some skill. (I don't mean that as a compliment.)

Tb traded downie to Colorado for Quincy then tb traded quincy to Detroit for 2012 draft 1st round

Link: http://www.thestar.com/sports/hockey/nhl/article/1134687--tampa-bay-lightning-trade-steve-downie-to-colorado-avalanche-in-three-way-deal

Wow. What does anyone know about Quincy? Top 4 material?

Quincey is a big boy who can quarterback the power play, good passer, solid in his own zone. Was with the wings for parts of three seasons, knows the system, knows the team, wont hurt the chemistry at all. Allows Kindl to slip to the number seven d-man or serve as trade bait for a forward.

This moves gives the Wings tremendous depth on defense. Can run the pp, perfect insurance against a Lindstrom injury...and like Yave stated, allows Kindl (who is a serviceable d-man despite languishing in the minors for 5 seasons) to be some nice trade bait. Smart move by the Wings.

Should be interenting to see how Downie fits into the Aves plans. Only thing I'm sure of, it won't be the last time he is traded.

Wow. What does anyone know about Quincy? Top 4 material?

no. it's a weird deal. quincy is a depth dman, 4/5 for a very thin team, 6/7 for most.

not a terrible pick up, but a 1st AND a prospect for him....that's a little crazy.

@aziz

I have a lot of respect for Detroit so I have to assume they had a good reason (as in, they think he's better than a 6/7) but it sounds odd.

I like Downie for Colorado. He seems like a good fit for that team.

I have a lot of respect for Detroit so I have to assume they had a good reason (as in, they think he's better than a 6/7) but it sounds odd

agreed, holland tends to know what he's doing. quincy is 26, though...not like he's a young up and comer. i dunno, should be interesting to see how it works out.