Thank you Stevie Y!

Guest yave1964

Quincey for a non prospect and this years number one, which should be somewhere between 27 and 30 was a no brainer. I really didnt think we could pick up a top four defensemen for a draft pick. It fixes the second line power play, Hudler has played the point and been terrible, Quincey can now quarterback the second team power play, something he was born to do. The other thing everyone seems worried about is team chemistry, Quincey was here before, knows most of the guys. Great pickup.

And the best part, is the Wings/Avalanche rivalry is about dead, but I doubt Colorado would have dealt him to us. Using the Lightning as an intermediate to facilitate the deal was one little poke at the Lanche as well.

Just heard about this deal. Still some allegiance to the Red Wings, eh, Stevie? I never thought to consider Quincy since the Red Wings already pulled the plug on him once. He should definitely fit in nicely with or in palce of Brad Stuart. I can't wait to see what this guy is made of playing some regular minutes in the Winged Wheel.

I am not sold on Kyle Quincey. I just don't see him as a top 4 defenseman. But he is younger than the other d-men out there so maybe it will work out. And yes, their first round pick this year will be basically an early second rounder and the Wings just happen to be the best at drafting anywhere in ther league. So I guess it is in Holland we trust.