Flyers Need A Dman

Guest ruxpin

I'd love to see a reliable vet like Detroit's Mike Commodore, plays a steady, unspectacular defensive game and is good at clearing the crease. Of course, he just signed with Detroit, so prob not available, but someone along those lines.

Was thinking about this and what do you guys think? Homer and Yzerman seems to like making deals. TB needs a goalie bad with Roloson struggling. We send Bob, Voracek and 1st in 2012 for Hedman. I would hate to lose Bob but don't see how he has a future here. Then we can flip Carle to another team for picks and keep Gustavsson up. If not in season maybe in the offseason? TB will need another goalie next year.

Was thinking about this and what do you guys think? Homer and Yzerman seems to like making deals. TB needs a goalie bad with Roloson struggling. We send Bob, Voracek and 1st in 2012 for Hedman. I would hate to lose Bob but don't see how he has a future here. Then we can flip Carle to another team for picks and keep Gustavsson up. If not in season maybe in the offseason? TB will need another goalie next year.

Really don't want to lose Bob, unless it's for someone *very* good. I don't put Hedman in that catergory, yet. There are games when he plays tentative and really out of position.

Edited by Mad Dog

Really don't want to lose Bob, unless it's for someone *very* good. I don't put Hedman in that catergory, yet. There are games when he plays tentative and really out of position.

I don't watch TB that much, he's only 20? and in his 3rd NHL season. I remember he was highly regarded in that draft, they all say dmen takes longer to develop. I don't want to lose Bob either but I can't see a way that he will be our future starter anytime soon so mind as well use him as part of a package for the young dman we need. Someone I like is Yandle from Phoenix but would cost us a lot more. Homer gets rape by Maloney if you remember lol.

i think 4 years ago thats a trade homer would do, he has a new mind set lately,aquire picks don't trade them get younger

I think that's a trade I'd make...Hedman is huge, tough, and seems like he'll be great for MANY years. Voracek has started slow and Bob isn't helping us on the bench. (altho i love his game)

I think that's a trade I'd make...Hedman is huge, tough, and seems like he'll be great for MANY years. Voracek has started slow and Bob isn't helping us on the bench. (altho i love his game)

i think 3 players for 1 is too much to give up i don't care how the guy "projects" he's still going to have growing pains and this town is tough on not quite ready d men... maybe i give up 3 guys for weber, but not for a guy who isnt' "there" yet.

One guy we could've had playing for us now instead of Carle is John Carlson. If you guys remember that was our pick we trade to the Caps for Steve Eminger then we flip Eminger for Carle. He would look good in Orange right now, I don't remember who on the Philly board posted that Carlson was a good player who will crack the NHL soon.