Game 78: Flyers at Canadiens; 4/21/22 @ 7 PM, NBCSP

Howie58

Well tough task here is know they can't out tank one of the expert tankers.

But play Yandle and Jones they will have a good chance of losing.

They are 6 points ahead of Montreal....i looked at the games played wrong mixed up the columns...my bad. Still want them to lose i am good with 4-2...

:BrownBag:

Edited by OccamsRazor
bourbon isn't working

39 minutes ago, GratefulFlyers said:

Works for me. I know it isn't much, hoping for better odds in the draft but it's basically all we got.

I'm getting tired of rooting for the Flyers.

Both teams coming in with 6 game losing streaks so someone is getting off the slide...

So Jones or Sandstrom in net??

I wish they would put Lindblom in JVR's spot all this clown is going to do is float and score more meaningless goals at least Lindblom is still trying to advance his game.

:BrownBag:

Edited by OccamsRazor
#boubonup
  • Like 1

50 minutes ago, flyercanuck said:

See, this is why there should be ties in the NHL...neither team deserves to win!

I love ties and I'm strongly lobbying for its reintroduction. Everybody's meh, therefore happy, ties depict equality and freedom in a lay and non-gendered world.

• Like 2

4 minutes ago, Math said:

I love ties and I'm strongly lobbying for its reintroduction. Everybody's meh, therefore happy, ties depict equality and freedom in a lay and non-gendered world.

I can see why they wouldn't want them in a shorter sched season like football...but over 82 games? Nothing wrong with some good ol' ties. There are times when neither team deserves to lose...or, like this case, neither deserves a W

• Like 1

1 hour ago, GratefulFlyers said:

Wow clearly a hand pass and no review… Yeo trying to challenge and told he couldn’t? Anyway I thought all goals were reviewed in Toronto. The NHL blew that one big time. No way that Habs goal should count. 

Good thing the games doesn't mean anything.

Still prefer a regulation loss but I never get what I want...

• Like 1

10 hours ago, Howie58 said:

I'm glad to see the Youngins get a taste of winning.  I know it doesn't help with the draft, but at least they won't have to take responsibility for a third double-digit string of losses.  

I think that's a great point Howie. It's depressing enough playing out the string when you're eliminated from the POs but to lose night in night out...I don't think it "ruins" anyone, any professional young or old, but it certainly does Suck.

And to your point the Flyers won this one on the backs of the Youngins. I give them a lot of credit for playing hard all night and taking advantage of a weak goalie.

• Thanks 1

Just now, Cheesesteak said:

losing out should only stoke a fire in their bellies for next season, not break their spirit....ya hope. 🙄

I hope...my concern is that losing might become a habit for some folks.  Last night showed they can compete if they want to.  Granted, it was against another "loser," but we saw some creativity and ability that gave hope for next year.  I thought Frost was beginning to dance around opponents.  Linus may be a sold dude on the third line.  Brink has a good work ethic.  Ditto Tippett.  

• Like 1