Rangers defense totally smothered us

Guest RonJeremy

The Rangers defense shut us down totally, no good scoring chances, no rebounds, no sustained attack. The Rangers are only giving up an average of 2 goals against per game, and with a great goalie like Lundquist , they are going to win alot of tight checking games.I have no idea why everyone says the Flyers have the best defense in the league. We were 10th or so last year and are similar this year.

I still think we need another good all around dman.

The Rangers defense shut us down totally, no good scoring chances, no rebounds, no sustained attack. The Rangers are only giving up an average of 2 goals against per game, and with a great goalie like Lundquist , they are going to win alot of tight checking games.I have no idea why everyone says the Flyers have the best defense in the league. We were 10th or so last year and are similar this year.

It happens when you try to set the NHL record for passes in game instead of just trying to get it on net.

These guys are just to fancy with all the passing waiting till someone is standing in the lane before actually shooting it is just dumb.

The other team screens our goaltender and scores some goals and the Flyers have forgotten they can do that as well.

Lundquist is going to stop the shots he sees he is a world class tender. some screens would be nice..he is human.

I'm tired of seeing Nodl fumble the puck away time and time again just killing the cycle. One guy doing that on the team is enough we already have Hartnell.

Edited by OccamsRazor

Indeed they did. It was a fun game while it was close but once the Rangers got that second goal it just became frustrating. And yeah, another solid D man would definitely help!

There were a lot of factors.

-The Rangers are good defensively and got in lanes

-Back-to-back favors the healthier team (Rangers)

-The team the Flyers iced yesterday is not as good as their record indicates (minus Pronger, JVR and Jagr)

-The Rangers were playing with a lead on bad Garden ice

-The Flyers didn't adjust to the bad ice by coming closer together and attempting shorter passes through neutral ice

-Ergo, the Flyers couldn't establish a forecheck until late in the game when the Rangers had completely backed off

The Rangers were playing with a lead on bad Garden ice

-The Flyers didn't adjust to the bad ice by coming closer together and attempting shorter passes through neutral ice

I liked your post, but not so much regarding the ice. Both teams have to play on the same ice. In my entire life, I have never used the quality or lack there of the ice as an excuse to either winning or losing.

I liked your post, but not so much regarding the ice. Both teams have to play on the same ice. In my entire life, I have never used the quality or lack there of the ice as an excuse to either winning or losing.

The quality of the ice is a huge disadvantage if you don't adjust for it as damaged goods suggested. It is a disadvantage for both teams but the one who adjusted first won. the rags absolutely out skated the Flyers too. I don't recall many occasions where the puck carrier(whoever it was) for the Flyers did not have a rag on him like a wet shirt. Hands down the Rangers won this game by playing both ends of the ice with tenacity, something the Flyers seemed incapable of mustering for a multitude of reasons.

The check of the game was Briere on Nodl,never mind checks on the Rangers.This Flyers group is SOFT!!!!! Until they get beyond that problem,they will be middle of the pack. I noticed none of the Rags challenged Shelley. He can't kick any butt sitting on the bench. Lavi is the one that should spend time with the Phantoms,its his comfort zone:Kiddie Hockey

The check of the game was Briere on Nodl,never mind checks on the Rangers.This Flyers group is SOFT!!!!! Until they get beyond that problem,they will be middle of the pack. I noticed none of the Rags challenged Shelley. He can't kick any butt sitting on the bench. Lavi is the one that should spend time with the Phantoms,its his comfort zone:Kiddie Hockey

Dude, are you seriously suggesting that the Flyers lost the game because they didn't play Shelley enough?!? Or, is my sarcasm detector in serious need of calibration?

:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

The Rangers defense is definitely impressive. They play it especially well with the lead. Not my favorite hockey to watch; but, impressive nonetheless. Like many of you on here hate the Pens, I have always hated the Rangers; so, that game was tough to watch.

I'm looking forward to a rematch when the Flyers are healthy.