Minnesota Wild vs Vancouver Canucks, Thursday 4-21-22, 7:00pm, Xcel Energy Center

MNSOTA

1 hour ago, FireDillabaugh said:

I watch a lot of the Wild's games.  I usually have 5 or 6 NHL games on monitors on NHL nights like tonight.  Bottom line, Zucc and Harts just aren't the players that Kap is.  So, he has to realize he's going to be focused on.  Not saying he hasn't had a great season.  Obviously.  But, being a 9 mil player in the NHL is a different level.  Sorry, but I'm not sure Kap's work ethic is there.  Yet anyway.  From what I see, he still has too many shifts where it's floating, not caring about the defensive side of the game that he must improve on, and relying on lesser talent on his line to get the job done.  Again, he's a GREAT player.  And, I believe he deserves his contract.  But, if the Wild are going to succeed in the playoffs, he needs to elevate to his next level of work ethic, imo.

Your opinion, and you are entitled to it.  Not remotely what I see.  The effort is high at ALL times, and his coach attests to this (as do the players).  He does get frustrated at times, and is learning how to deal with all the hacks, cross-checks and late hits that clearly were not prevalent in the KHL (and he is NOT getting all the calls as a McD yet).  In any case, you just saw him set up a play for a Zucc goal and one that Hartman should have buried.  This happens EVERY game.  I have seen all but 5 games this year, and that is my opinion.  Playoffs are a different beast entirely, I expect he learned something from last year (and all the hacks, cross-checks, and late hits from behind that he saw against Vegas).  We shall see.....

• Like 3

10 minutes ago, EmptyShelf said:

Your opinion, and you are entitled to it.  Not remotely what I see.  The effort is high at ALL times, and his coach attests to this (as do the players).  He does get frustrated at times, and is learning how to deal with all the hacks, cross-checks and late hits that clearly were not prevalent in the KHL (and he is NOT getting all the calls as a McD yet).  In any case, you just saw him set up a play for a Zucc goal and one that Hartman should have buried.  This happens EVERY game.  I have seen all but 5 games this year, and that is my opinion.  Playoffs are a different beast entirely, I expect he learned something from last year (and all the hacks, cross-checks, and late hits from behind that he saw against Vegas).  We shall see.....

Young players bring frustration with their game at points , but just as EmptyShelf has attested and what I really go by more than what I myself even watch in the games is what the coaches and his teammates have said about his efforts and that has always been praise from everyone in the organization. 

I can sit on my couch and say he is floating around on the ice and may miss a pass or two, but when it comes down to it I know jack compared to what his coaches and teammates know he puts in to his game. So that is what I take it all from. 

Edited by Wild Thing
  • Like 1
  • Good Post 2

7 minutes ago, EmptyShelf said:

I'll add to that...Kap fights along the Defensive boards as hard as he does in the O-Zone. I don't see floating at all.
You want floating...Look back at the Suter 'Dynasty' :P

• Like 1
  • Good Post 1

1 minute ago, ClusterChuck said:

I'll add to that...Kap fights along the Defensive boards as hard as he does in the O-Zone. I don't see floating at all.

Floating is not in Kaps vocabulary. Sometimes it may seem that way because he makes it look easy and he sees the ice so damn well. And guess what. He’s only going to get better 

• Like 2

2 minutes ago, Jimtown guy said:

Floating is not in Kaps vocabulary. Sometimes it may seem that way because he makes it look easy and he sees the ice so damn well. And guess what. He’s only going to get better 

I was going to mention while "Floating" he's looking at the ice and seeing what he can do from there.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Wild Thing said:

Young players bring frustration with their game at points , but just as EmptyShelf has attested and what I really go by more than what I myself even watch in the games is what the coaches and his teammates have said about his efforts and that has always been praise from everyone in the organization. 

I can sit on my couch and say he is floating around on the ice and may miss a pass or two, but when it comes down to it I know jack compare to what his coaches and teammates know he puts in to his game. So that is what I take it all from. 

Like Ovi, Kucherov, Khusnetsov, and Panarin, Kap WILL figure out how to bring it with all the hacking and holding that he deals with.  He is also one of only 4 of the Top 10 goal scorers that has 50+ assists, and I believe he would have 70 if half of the opportunities are buried.   We have even seen some chippy retaliation from him this year that is uncharacteristic of a lot of the past Russian players.  He is evolving into the NHL game, yet his production is STILL there.  As far as his defense, he gets quite a few accolades from Evason about his 'two way' game and stamina, as well as his effort.  In my opinion, he is CLEARLY the best player the MN pro teams have ever had - and it is early.  He reminds me a great deal of Bure (sans one step), whom I saw a lot of over his career.  He is ELECTRIC most nights, as few are.  You just don't know what he can/will do with the puck, which can make it difficult for lesser skilled players.  Just my $.02

• Like 2

1 hour ago, ClusterChuck said:

SUITS and 'PussRise' in pictures just for Dillabaugh:

582045210_BigBaby.jpg.29b7312d093d00ca2e438d137e4b10aa.jpg  + 2042781130_SuterHumpdefense.jpg.50c4a206a39bf88173b567c3e4cf10a3.jpg  + 423834751_HumanPylon.jpg.c8ddb8a950c0d252131f7289502603ae.jpg +

1723460283_Limpwrist.jpg.ff308ea19e0026dd3d84204987d96535.jpg + 600901755_CrackedIce.jpg.df4442ca395cbb96c7f0532a082293f2.jpg

1395364332_DumbandDumber3.jpg.6e79750951659c383de6fdb405328f30.jpg

• Thanks 1

@EmptyShelf I wouldn’t say he’s the best ever in all of Minnesota pro teams. Moss to me is the best receiver the nfl has ever seen. Not to mention Kirby who got us to rings. Definitely the best the Wild have ever had though. Of course comparing different sports is apples to oranges 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, FireDillabaugh said:

Lol.  I don't think there's any debate that he's the best player that this Wild organization have had.  But, had you seen a lot of, and heard a lot of from Bure himself(as I have) regarding his career, you'd clearly realize that the defensive side of the NHL game was not his strong suit, and was ABSOLUTELY NOT something he desired.  Of course, I mean absolutely no offense to any of you with this objectiveness.  But, I see a player that can be even better than what he is today.  That's all.  And he does have flaws to his game that can be improved upon.  Especially when he has the skill he has.  Yes, he probably is the best player the Wild have ever had.  However, is he an ELITE NHL player right now?  If you think he is, so be it.  But, I truly believe he can be an even better player than he is today.

The comparative was Bure on offense, and his unpredictability and electricity.  I was also including the North Stars, which I had season tickets for since I was a toddler (Wild until a year ago).  ALL players under 27-28 can/should get better; so there we agree.  I would say that most coaches and analysts in the NHL already consider him Elite; otherwise they would not game plan to take him out of a game or playoff series (like Vegas did last year).  So, it is not just our opinion, and it has been a LONG time coming for this fan base.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, EmptyShelf said:

Sorry, Jim....I meant hockey (for MN pro teams).  Moss and Peterson are above Kap at this point for sure.  Both HOF (in or will be), and I would say both are among the Top 3-5 at their respective positions in history.

Gotcha