Bryz made some key saves....

Guest KnucklesNilan

I can recall two saves that were fantastic... the glove save toward the end of the game and the nice right pad save in OT that swung the play the other way where the Flyers offense absolutely took over, eventually winning the game.

THAT'S exactly what he used to do in Phx and that's exactly what the Flyers need from Bryz! Overall, a great game to watch!

Unfortunately he also gave up some bad goals again. I also took notice of the key saves and hope he can build confidence off of them. Right now my confidence in Bryz is about as high as his confidence in himself, so I'm not that optimistic. We have seen it before where he strings together a few good games and then he lets in some killer goals. Let's hope this is the start of more consistent play down the stretch.

Unfortunately he also gave up some bad goals again.

@KnucklesNilan

It was a bit of both last night and that doesn't cut it. I thought the first goal was stoppable if the goaltender's form were correct. Marginal. The fourth goal, the one that the Philly crew generously allowed had "knuckled", was clearly a soft goal. He's good for one a game.

Also, did you notice how cautious the broadcast crew was in their comments? They sounded like they had gotten the memo that there was to be no whipping up of any more hysteria (things are bad enough already).

Also, did you notice how cautious the broadcast crew was in their comments? They sounded like they had gotten the memo that there was to be no whipping up of any more hysteria (things are bad enough already).

I watched the game from the Jets feed and they sort of took jabs at Bryz for that last goal.. Not outright insulting the Bryz, but basically saying that cannot happen. Had he let that puck go past him, it would of went high over the net.

I watched the game from the Jets feed and they sort of took jabs at Bryz for that last goal.. Not outright insulting the Bryz, but basically saying that cannot happen. Had he let that puck go past him, it would of went high over the net.

That's the reaction the Philly crew had during the Pens game that was absent last night. Their reaction to the weal goal was part awkward silence, part tortured explanation. I'm convinced they were coached because the natural reaction was what the 'Peg crew said.

@KnucklesNilan

It was a bit of both last night and that doesn't cut it. I thought the first goal was stoppable if the goaltender's form were correct. Marginal. The fourth goal, the one that the Philly crew generously allowed had "knuckled", was clearly a soft goal. He's good for one a game.

Yes the old rule don't bite the hand that feeds you. The other night Morganti did not pull an punches about the soft goals. Bryz only faced 22 shots with most of the play at the other end his overall performance still needs work..

I can recall two saves that were fantastic... the glove save toward the end of the game and the nice right pad save in OT that swung the play the other way where the Flyers offense absolutely took over, eventually winning the game.

THAT'S exactly what he used to do in Phx and that's exactly what the Flyers need from Bryz! Overall, a great game to watch!

I think calling them saves fantastic is a stretch..he should be making those saves in his sleep for the money he makes.. the goalie for the Jets now he was fantastic..

that's one way of looking at it. another is that he gave up, at least 2 bad goals again. we can't keep spotting teams goals. our offense just can't keep having to score 4 and 5 goals to win a game. that's just not how it works in the playoffs when everything tightens up.

bryz will single-handedly lose us playoff games with this kind of play.

In hindsight, that right pad save in OT was the game difference, and pretty darn good one to boot.

Nice thread, although most people would rather find the bad, rip the guy, run him out of town and sit through the summer in a Flyers pitty party about how we have no goalie to bash.

I think Bryz should give Pat Burrell a call and have a discussion how he went from the fan doghouse to leading the championship parade. Sometimes you need to embrace the very knuckleheads who are hating on you.

In hindsight, that right pad save in OT was the game difference, and pretty darn good one to boot.

Nice thread, although most people would rather find the bad, rip the guy, run him out of town and sit through the summer in a Flyers pitty party about how we have no goalie to bash.

I think Bryz should give Pat Burrell a call and have a discussion how he went from the fan doghouse to leading the championship parade. Sometimes you need to embrace the very knuckleheads who are hating on you.

keep up the good fight because right now you are probably only one of a handful of people in the hockey 'universe' that supports bryz. he's been insipid, arrogant and that's just his attitude. his play is sub mediocre. tell me why i should support this guy again? tell me why he's a good role model for kids?

he's not... so i don't see why he deserves our support just for wearing a flyers' jersey. of course it's in our best interest for him to play better. but, he had our support in the beginning and his play went south. ever since it's been nothing but excuses.

but, if you feel that strongly about it, you can hold a rally... 'i am the 1%... of 1% who support an overpaid brat goaltender'.

Bryzgalov's play has been so far below what even an average NHL goaltender does every night - and has been all season - I don't want him to get better. I want him to leave [edit: and the sooner the better].

That's all.

Edited by canoli

keep up the good fight because right now you are probably only one of a handful of people in the hockey 'universe' that supports bryz. he's been insipid, arrogant and that's just his attitude. his play is sub mediocre. tell me why i should support this guy again? tell me why he's a good role model for kids?

he's not... so i don't see why he deserves our support just for wearing a flyers' jersey. of course it's in our best interest for him to play better. but, he had our support in the beginning and his play went south. ever since it's been nothing but excuses.

but, if you feel that strongly about it, you can hold a rally... 'i am the 1%... of 1% who support an overpaid brat goaltender'.

Nobody is telling you to love the guy, but ripping him all day, piling on every issue and enflaming anger is only sabatoging this team whether you want to admit it or not.

And you wonder why NY fans rip us for being babies and a-holes? Take a look at this and the Philly.com board, the way the fans act down here at the WF Center and the retarted local sports blogs. You'd think the guy was Sandusky for simply acting like a character and playing average - and we havn't even gotten through a round in the playoffs.

ripping him all day, piling on every issue and enflaming anger is only sabatoging this team whether you want to admit it or not.

you don't really believe that do you? If I thought we had that much influence...well I'd have to change my entire world view - and so would everybody else. No, sorry, it just doesn't work that way. Be nice if it did though sometimes!

Nobody is telling you to love the guy, but ripping him all day, piling on every issue and enflaming anger is only sabatoging this team whether you want to admit it or not.

And you wonder why NY fans rip us for being babies and a-holes? Take a look at this and the Philly.com board, the way the fans act down here at the WF Center and the retarted local sports blogs. You'd think the guy was Sandusky for simply acting like a character and playing average - and we havn't even gotten through a round in the playoffs.

yeah.. i have to agree with canoli here... as if our bitching here on this forum, which is private btw, is contaminating the ether of philly sports so bad that we're causing the problem. hahaha... good one bro. this is a forum for fans of the flyers. being fans, we criticize... we praise... and everything in between. if you wanna make a comment about the philly fan in general, so be it. i don't really care because i don't live in philly, nor do i support all of the philly teams.

what's hysterical about this conversation between you and me is that i think most of the board here would be hard pressed to put me into the overly negative category of posters. yet, here i am, you have me defending those very posters because you are taking the very altruistic stance that we need to imagine puppies with butterflies on their noses every time bryz lets in another softy.

Why do you care what NY fans think? They act in a similar fashion, except they have far less of a chip on their shoulders because their teams actully win titles. All of their teams have been booed by their own fans, including the Yankees! Their fans make it VERY difficult to attend sports as a visiting fan. They will threaten and give you the business too if you are wearing the opposting teams jersey. So why should you or I care what NY fans think of us? If they make fun of us for booing our player or how we act in our arena's, then they are just hypocrites.

Why do you care what NY fans think? They act in a similar fashion, except they have far less of a chip on their shoulders because their teams actully win titles. All of their teams have been booed by their own fans, including the Yankees! Their fans make it VERY difficult to attend sports as a visiting fan. They will threaten and give you the business too if you are wearing the opposting teams jersey. So why should you or I care what NY fans think of us? If they make fun of us for booing our player or how we act in our arena's, then they are just hypocrites.

i have a feeling this green man could be somewhat of a troll. he's on a one man crusade to poo poo every 'negative' comment on this board. he's waging war in about 5 or 6 threads and his only point seems to be ... philly fans are so negative. we got it.. move along now...

Yes the old rule don't bite the hand that feeds you. The other night Morganti did not pull an punches about the soft goals. Bryz only faced 22 shots with most of the play at the other end his overall performance still needs work..

I didn't see Morganti but I'd guess that among players, coaches and independent journalists and anyone else who has seen a lot of him, the remarks are withering. Torts called him "a mess" and that's probably the least of it.

we need to imagine puppies with butterflies on their noses every time bryz lets in another softy.

Oh god are you kidding me with that? Laugh OutFKNGLoud!

That gives "Fire all the Things!" a run for its money.

Thank you.

[edit: btw I think you're correct about this green man]

Edited by canoli

i have a feeling this green man could be somewhat of a troll. he's on a one man crusade to poo poo every 'negative' comment on this board. he's waging war in about 5 or 6 threads and his only point seems to be ... philly fans are so negative. we got it.. move along now...

I don't remember him being a troll on the old board, I think he is just an overly positve fan who gets too bent out of shape when fans boo and get negative.

I'm a season ticket holder and I attend most home games. The funny thing is, its not like when Bryz is is announced as the starting goalie that the entire arena errupts in boos. He gets cheers and encouragement from the majority of the crowd (myself included), and that is our offer of support. We cheer him when he makes big saves. We aknowledge the positives, but when he messes up and it leads to losses, people boo. Been going on here for years. Players know that the fans here expect a lot. Some handle it well and thrive on it, others wilt from it.

By the way GM talks, it would seem that we boo Bryz any time we see him or hear his name. Not true of the majority of fans.

Our points about him giving up 2 bad goals last night are completely fair! If he does not give up those bad goals, we never would have had to go to OT for him to make his great pad save and have Jags win it!

Edited by Adamflyers

If he does not give up those bad goals, we never would have had to go to OT

exactly right, so maybe "we" should hold off on the "Bryz made some key saves" as if that should be the story - at least until he goes an entire game without giving up a softie - let alone 2 or 3.

I don't remember him being a troll on the old board, I think he is just an overly positve fan who gets too bent out of shape when fans boo and get negative.

It's a case where there are 15,000 anti-Bryz threads mostly saying the same thing, so it's not really suprising that someone who is reading them has a similar reaction to each of them.

Our points about him giving up 2 bad goals last night are completely fair! If he does not give up those bad goals, we never would have had to go to OT for him to make his great pad save and have Jags win it!

It's completely fair. Bryz is the reason the Flyers "almost lost" the game.

Which means, of course, that they won it.

If he wants a Schmidt quote on Philadelphia: "the thrill of victory and the agony of reading about it the next day"

I'm a season ticket holder and I attend most home games. The funny thing is, its not like when Bryz is is announced as the starting goalie that the entire arena errupts in boos. He gets cheers and encouragement from the majority of the crowd (myself included), and that is our offer of support. We cheer him when he makes big saves. We aknowledge the positives, but when he messes up and it leads to losses, people boo. Been going on here for years. Players know that the fans here expect a lot. Some handle it well and thrive on it, others wilt from it.

By the way GM talks, it would seem that we boo Bryz any time we see him or hear his name. Not true of the majority of fans.

very good point.. i was very curious to see how everyone would respond to him last saturday. that was my first game of the season. in fact, when his name was announced, there was mostly cheering... that surprised me because his name doesn't make me feel like cheering.

it wasn't until his incredibly bad, back-breaking soft goals, that the crowd turned on him. and rightfully so, because every player and every fan was into that game... except for bryz. he was most def off in his own little universe.

exactly right, so maybe "we" should hold off on the "Bryz made some key saves" as if that should be the story - at least until he goes an entire game without giving up a softie - let alone 2 or 3.

I have no problem bringing up the positives of his game, but it is only fair that we can present the negatives as well, especially since they did actually impact the game.

I have no problem bringing up the positives of his game, but it is only fair that we can present the negatives as well, especially since they did actually impact the game.

neither do i... there just isn't anything positive going on there with him. if some would remember here... i was probably one of bryz's biggest proponents during and right after the trade. i defended him in the beginning and really thought he'd be our answer in goal. maybe that's why i've gone so far in the other direction... i'm personally pissed at him for making me so wrong lol.

Oh sure, me too. I got no problem giving credit where it's due - he did make some key saves over the course of 64 minutes. All I was saying was, let's not pretend his "key saves" were the story of the night. As far as goaltending is concerned the story is [once again] about the softies he let in - the 1st goal, the 4th goal.